Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.

Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Bad company to work for
Rock Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 January 2020
I would not recommend Morgan construction to anybody. The trainers r not the best management was ok. Work environment was not the best . So I do not recommend Morgan to anybody
Harassing on the Job
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2019
Horrible disrespectful company to work for. One of the worst ones ever. Favouritism, and bullying. They sweep a lot of the bullying under the carpet. Horrible pay and much more! Yuck
Lack of respect for employees
Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2019
This company has a revolving door policy and doesn't treat their human resource's as a resource. They could care less about keeping current employees happy with the company, that's way you always find them here recruiting new victims. Half of their supervisors are noobs, so depending where they send you will dictate if you have a positive experience. If they're going to send you to fort hills better rethink you options. If your looking to gain experience on a equipment they do have some decent gear. Overall if you are a experienced operator don't waste your time unless your desperate for work and willing to put up with their BS.
Pros
they do have winter work
Cons
to many to list
Family work life balance
Grader Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2019
I love working here as we all are like a family. We all have respect for one another and rely on each other for getting things done safely. The foreman and management are good people to work for and make the environment a good place to work
Pros
Camp
Cons
It is a great enviroment towork in.
Lead hand, Fuel and Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 February 2019
Co workers and supervisors are great to work with and for. General superintendent is easy to approach and talk to. Just a great environment to be a part of.
Excellent company to grow with
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician (Mechanic) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2019
Great experience at Morgan Construction. They supported me through my apprenticeship program and a life changing event. 21-7 was a long set and not always beneficial. However, that has been changed to 21-10.
Dozer operator
Finishing Dozer Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2018
A typical day at work was operating a D6N dozer. I learned the Trimble GPS system. Management was very good. Coworkers were very friendly. Hardest part is 14 days straight.
favourite workplaces
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2018
this is one of my favourite work places to work and start my career, the manager was really friendly and offering help to me and sometime she showed me some tricks to deal with the deadline
Worst work place EVER
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2018
Very high turnaround rate (no job security). They hire equipment operators but never labourers, want to know why? Because they hire you as an equipment operator but then put you on back-breaking, foot- blistering labour work for 21 days. You don't get travel pay for the 4 hours commute to work everyday. Any harassment complaints will go unheard.
Pros
They supply your safety glasses and gloves
Cons
Everything.
A typical day with morgan
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 August 2017
I was doing 12hr shifts and they flew by, great staff and co-workers. There were minor bumps but always managed to overcome and achieve. I did although leave the company to pursue my safety career
Pros
Great company, great hours, and labor wasn't hard
Cons
don't have any cons about this company
As anything your crew makes the work place. Had a great team.
Rock Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2017
I have to say all company's in this industry go through the samething waiting on permits and sometimes things take a bit longer and other times bam. All in all I got along with all the forman and most co workers.
If I had issues or concerns ppl in the office were right there to help solve it. I learned alot working with this company and if they had in city work id still be there. Remember your attitude at work can make it a good work place or a not so good work place.
Pros
I enjoyed working with morgan !! lol
Cons
Our camp sucked lol
Pay is very , very low
Rock Truck Operator 30 , 40, 60 and 100 tonnersv (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 July 2017
They paid labours 19 to 20 bucks hr
777 heavy haulers 24 to 26 hr 1 week in 1 week out there was no money to be made on the suncor fort hills oil sands project especially since they did not pay for flights to and from site , no travel time from camp to work site and that was 30 min bus ride both ways , bus left at 5 30 sharp and didnt get back till after 7 pm and only got paid for 11.5 hrs every day , the rooms never got cleaned no clean towel at all it was welfare living , people leaving faster then they could find them feel bad for suncor having such a cheap company on there site and wasting Suncors time with all thee oreintations and room setting up for the workers that would just stay one tirn around and leave cause morgan construction was so cheap
Pros
No pros, at all
Cons
Long hrs, low pay, tons and tons of paper work even had to pay for your coveralls from them $135 from your first check
went downhill once they hired people from a defunct company to look after the Head office.
rock truck driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2017
At one time Morgan was considered a great place to work. That has since changed as they got rid of employees over 50. And the number of Aboriginal employees went down. Not good.
Pros
good contracts
Cons
failing to listen to employees with legitimate concerns and getting rid of them, rather than dealing with concerns
good
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2017
good team and communication, safe work is always on the top. be able to work in cold weather and long hours. the foreman are aways open if you have problem.
Pros
great
Cons
good hours
organized and friendly
Rock Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2016
Great Staff to work with
working outside
boss was nice easy to work for
safety meeting in morning were always good

Building road in a different way then I am use to
was a excellent experience jpb culture great. management excellent
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
I enjoyed working there even though I only lasted 2weeks . The supervisor was professional and informative about what tasks are expected and safety was always stressed.Co worker's were professional and helpful .Hr department was highly organized
and pleasant to deal with .
Pros
great pay great company everyone very professional and welcoming
Cons
to labour extensive for myself young worker ok
Fun place to work
Rock Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2016
for the time i was employed with them , it was a fun and productive place to work , management were easy to get along with , they gave us the daily work scope and made it interesting
Kept in the dark and treated like diposable garbage
Excavator/Dozer Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2016
Very disorganized company. very clicky, if you wernt one of the boys you were nothing. You wernt told about changes till the last second. they would switch off a job at a moments notice and not explain why. Kept operators that were not safe or even good at their jobs because they were friends of someone else.
Pros
beter then being unemployed
Cons
everything else
A diverse company which offered many different oppurtunities to expand my knowledge.
Operator/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2015
A day in a Morgan Construction position has you getting up early, travelling by bus or truck to the job site, participating in a group safety meeting, recieving your assignments for the day, then going straight to work in rock trucks, etc. I have learned how to work safetly in the field while obtaining many certificates to help me do so. My management was enjoyable and I quickly became friends with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is constantly being away from home and my family. I found the most enjoyable part was developing relationships with people in all fields of expertise.
Good company
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2015
Good company to work for overall, great management with a good work culture, very high on safety and wonderful safety officers. Enjoyed working with this company and all the best to them in the future.
Pros
Great people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Reviews by Job Title