Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada150 reviews

Great place to run equipment

If you work hard and do your job its a good place to work and make a few bucks. I enjoy running machines. Some of the foreman and the co workers are great people. Could pay a little more but it is what it is. i would recommend this job to people i know

Pros

Good o.t decent camps and good people

Cons

Long hours and no really work/life balance.

A somewhat decent place to work but employee scammers

The employees here and some of the supervisory is top notch but there was a program brought in for a 5 dollar bonus on every hour. Morgan kept put this off longer and longer building it up in hopes they would get high turn around so they could keep the money. Needless to say i never received almost 4 weeks of this bonus. They run a 21/7 which for some works but it is hard on family life.

Pros

regular hourly wage is decent, good coworkers, good camp accomadations

Cons

long turnarounds, dishonest, poor managment

Is this a place for work or swingers?

From low at the totem pole, To CEOs... You'll probably find your other half here, because of the "benefits" ;) They don't have an understaning bout the employees, or the families... but the employee probably doesn't mind expanding his family either. . Given the options and benefits offered on the job sites

Pros

Benefits ;)

Terrible work environment

Bad place to work. do Not work there. Management are terrible, Dont care about their workers at all. Lots of time sat on busses. Flights cancelled without warning

Just a heads up.

The foremans makes you work over the hours that the other contractors on site. You are not paid for the travel time to site tail gate safety meeting or to camp. Enter site at 7:00 and return to camp at 8:00 Paid 11.5 hours a day.NO BENEFITS. No job security, time off in camp due to trucks down or whatever.The onboarding is not paid (claim to offer incentives) its a lot of computer work.I was on site and the other workers are great. Management has words behind your back that you will never hear about till the day they fire you for doing your job. Nepotism at its finest.

Pros

camp lodging close to town

Cons

Backstabbing Management

Something strange at the site level. Family business going on. Stay away !!

I had such high hopes for this company, Unfortunately I was let down within the first 3 days of work. I was told I was not a good fit on this site". Sadly, the explanation or excuses held no merit. This left me with no other reason to believe that my dismissal was unfortunately Personal at some level.Unless, something drastically changed within this company, I would be very cautious of applying there. Sadly, I turned down 3 other jobs for this one. What a disappointment..

Pros

it was a job.

Cons

Upper Management need do their due diligence.

Good group of people

I worked there for 2 months and met some great people. Ran some well maintained equipment. It’s a fast pace workplace so better get at it the minute you sit in the machine. Days go by really quick. Supervisors are knowledgeable on what going on. No questions ask once the tailgate meeting is done on your scope of work supervisors are clear and precise on your task at hand. Good place to work if you’re not lazy!

pays the bills

reviews give you an idea of why high turn aroundlowbed side everyone has logistics in there job title but there is NO logistics nobody has an idea its all up to the driver your given 15hr work loads everyday only allowed to work 12hr days paperwork is over the topvery small company ran like a huge corporation money can be made but you better know what your doingyou the driver need to know weight restrictions for the areas your going your responsible for knowing how to get into sites your responsible for finesthere is NO work life balance EVER 85% of this company is contract safety is high priority yet cost is more importantYou can make good money here just plan to never be homeexpected to live in your truck with no facilities was a good place had fun but your just MEAT IN THE SEAT! If you want to learn to lowbed and you have patients this is the place you wont make a career outa this place

Pros

you get paid

Cons

no work life balance low pay for whats expected no organizing no planning

We are morgan

I consider my coworkers my family away from home. We look out for one another and assist where is needed. I absolutely love working for Morgan Construction, infact I am honored. Now, I don't want you to think I am blowing smoke but in these times I couldnt be more grateful to be working for a team as I do. I actually think my boss is the best boss I have ever had. No, really.working and providing for my family is of utmost importance. More so even, my safety so I go home at the end of the shift. Through tough times, the Morgan team has been here for me. There is room for advancement and furthering your career, they encourage it. The benefit program is a huge asset for me. I wouldnt be able to get my teeth fixed or my familes if I didn't have it. I appreciate every day. My family can have a life because of Morgan. I have worked here for years and plan on staying as long as they will have me. If I need time off, they always try to do their best to accomodate and if I am asked to stay longer, I do so when I can. Its give and take in my eyes. I actually look forward to going to work. Where else can you work and have an entire set period of time off? Go ahead make plans. You will even have money to pay for that holiday too! They always have a place for me to stay when I work at a site and I have a warm meal at the end of the day. Talk about saving money on groceries! I feel its the people that make me love working here. I have zero issues asking for help. My coworkers will always go the extra mile. My advice to you is consider working here, you will think you are just going to work -

Pros

Positive work environment, easy to save money, room for advancement.

Cons

Rotational work away from home, expected in this industry

Good people to work with and a drive to always get better

Morgan has enormous desire for growth and a continuous focus on improvements in all aspects of their company. It makes the environment challenging for some that are looking for a standard 9 to 5 position, but if you are motivated and dedicated you can make great strides and earn a true sense of accomplishment.

Pros

Constantly improving and challenging

Cons

Hard to leave the job behind

Lots of work and steady

I have worked up in cold lake for 4 years now great bunch of guys great management team also nice to be home with my family ever night. Alright pay my family is more important then the best paying job sometimes.

Pros

Company truck, bounes program, free ppe, Really safe place to work

Cons

Not alot of room to climb the ladder

Great place to build a career .

I have worked here for eight years, and have always been supported ,and felt secure in my position. The work we have completed has been exciting , challenging , and beneficial to my growth in my career .

Pros

Always busy

Challenging work environment

Field operations is aggressive, insensitive, verbally abusive and run the show. Their behaviour is not only tolerated it’s accepted. What head office says and what actually happens in the field are totally different. Managers have no idea what goes on, if they do they ignore it. There are some great people who try but can’t make changes because the bullies run the show. Good for a lot of experience in a short amount of time. Below average pay. Stepping stone to get a career somewhere else.

Pros

Some super people

Cons

High expectations, low reward

Relaxed work environment with great team members

I have worked at Morgan for close to 1 year and have loved every minute of it. The job challenges you and the management is amazing. The culture is warm and welcoming and I always feel like I have someone to turn to if I am ever struggling. Great place to work!!

Would highly recommend

Morgan is easily one of the best places I've worked. My co-worker's are wonderful and warm, my supervisor is incredibly helpful and collaborative, and the learning opportunities are a-plenty. I'm given daily opportunities to address any issues that come up on our daily team meetings, and always feel heard and that any issues I bring up will get a resolution. The work/life balance is also a huge plus, and I can enjoy my free-time without any worry of work-stress leaking into my personal life. The opportunity to work from home during the COVID-19 pandemic has been fantastic, and when I do pop into the office to file, everyone there is always social distancing and following the protocols to keep the office safe. The only con I can see is if you need constant supervision and task delegation, the job might be confusing at times. If you're good at self-managing and driven, however, you'll love the office positions here.

Pros

excellent work/life balance, opportunities for growth and learning

Cons

confusing if constant supervision needed

Family

I have worked with Morgan Construction for 8 years now and I would highly reccommend this company for employment. We have a great group of people that work for this company, in every department. I have always had steady work - when times are slower, as in this industry it is always up or down (due to weather, etc...) - we make sure that everyone is taken care of. We watch out for each other.I am very proud to be part of this family! If you like a work environment that makes you feel at home, come work for us. :)

Long term work for good operators

I have been with Morgan's for 5 years now. Started off as a hoe operator and moved up to Field Supervisor when i asked for the position.Have worked all year round 3 x weeks on, 1 x week off.Those hours are tough for some, but that's ok if it's not for you.If your honest about your skill level, safety is a high priority for you and you want to earn good money, while operating some of the newest equipment out there, then this is a great place to be.Hourly rate isn't the greatest, but then your in camp, no other contractors provide camp at Basemine or LOA in town. No cost to you while your on shift for 3 weeks. Free food, coffee, soda, water at camp you know the deal. When you weigh it up its a pretty good deal. Sure some complain, but then you have a choice if it's not for you. No need to be bitter about it.Yes we have lots of courses to do, yes we care about your safety, yes sometimes you sit on a bus when your machine is down, but your getting paid, better than sitting in camp not getting paid.Yes we do sometimes let people go, sometimes their risk level is way off the scale for us, or their skill level isn't quiet what their resume led us to believe. After all, we as well as you, are responsible for you so you can go home to your families safe and sound. Things can go wrong real quick out here in the mine. Its a very hostile work environment, not only in climate but environment. Who else can work at minus 40 to plus 40 and still have a smile on there face ? Takes a tough breed, the best of the best.If your up for it, it's a great place to be and -

Pros

Lots of varied, continuous work

Cons

For some, lots of continuous work

Great atmosphere, friendly staff / management very approachable !!

Overall good company to work for !! Mostly younger supervision/management, very approachable knowledgeable staff. They always have TONS of work (year round) mostly based in Fort McMurray with Camp accommodation supplied fly in / fly out of Calgary/Edmonton or paid travel based from Edmonton. 12 hour shifts 2/1 or 3/1 rotations Mostly newer equipment very prompt mechanical repairs in the field. Great safety culture !!

Pros

Year round work, set schedules, newer equipment, accommodation paid for

Cons

Most work in fort mcmurray / camp jobs

Worked for 3 years , pulling grade and having fun.

If you are looking to improve your skills and operate the most up to date machinery , this is the company for you .From 3D gps to learning how to pull grade by stakes you will learn it all and will be helped out by the foremen without hesitation and even the superintendents come out to the field and have a down to earth conversation and treat you like a human. If you want to lie on your resume and say you have 30 years experience and then asked to do the simplest of tasks and your not able to do it , well just don't bother. Honesty is always best . Every one of us started green at some stage .So be honest. The summer work with Morgan is top notch, from camping close to site and actually having a life and enjoying a camp fire with good lifetime friends and of course the LOA .There is always work year round and as a company they are extremely good when it comes to asking for time off or even asking to work an extra shift.All in all, I myself loved working for Morgan construction and I'm very grateful for the help and the skills I learned along the way.💪🤠

Pros

Summer work and meeting life-long friends

Cons

Having to work away from home

Safety First! and yes, they practice what they preach!

Been with Morgan/CRC for some time now at Ft Hills, great team to work with, from Project Management straight across to Labor Crews and everyone in between. Depending on the attitude you bring with you!Always room for advancement. Supervision/Safety always there if you need them and willing to listen to you. Your family at home comes first, have witnessed numerous times when anyone had a family emergency everything and anything was done to get them home. Not too long ago a new worker in orientation received a call that required them to get home ASAP and a Project Manager personally drove them back to Edmonton immediately. Gear is in great condition and for the most part near new. The crew is great to work with, lots of fun (on most days :), can't always be perfect).

Pros

You define your own destination with Morgan/CRC

Great Place to Work

I was never once laid off or out of work in over 4 years working for Morgan. The management team is welcoming and caters well to workers who are driven and want to progress their careers. I would recommend Morgan to anyone who values job security and wants to work for a company that is continuously pushing the limits to grow and get into new markets.

Pros

Job security and career advancement

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement

Compare Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. with

• Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.