Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Employee Reviews

Very unorganized and sad HR office lady
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ft hills8 January 2020
My time at Morgan wasn’t the best. Not everyone was a bad person ive made some good friends but seriously going to site at ft hills was like going to jail not meaning camp. Lots of rats specially one guy named cole. Acts like you best friends but he really running you down when he sucking choochoo trying to get you fired. FYI I got fired for going to my daughters 1st bday when I was on days off. Complete joke cause I wasn’t going to make work in 2 hrs when I’m 8 hrs away.
Camp Work
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Devon Jackfish2 January 2020
I worked a couple hitches with these guys, the days were long and hard, but the camp food was excellent, I met a couple of operators from Ireland who were a blast. We were on time and under budget. Be prepared for time away from home, and lots of rules in camp life. If your willing, to be away from home its worth it.
Horrible
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 December 2019
Morgan has ads up for operators and labourers and half of their crew is sitting at camp on a Daily and nightly basis.

This company is a complete joke, steer clear of this company at all costs...even if you are at the lowest of lows in life ..the job, the people and everything else associated with this company will put you over the top. Worst company in the patch for sure
Harassing on the Job
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2019
Horrible disrespectful company to work for. One of the worst ones ever. Favouritism, and bullying. They sweep a lot of the bullying under the carpet. Horrible pay and much more! Yuck
Rock truck operator
Rock Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Husky sunrise6 December 2019
Loved driving for your company, but was absolutely disappointed in the fact of lack of knowledge and care regarding workers inhaling, working around pure Sulfur Dioxide on a Husky plant up north.
And the fact safety was more or less brushing it under the rug.
I was effected by this toxic gas. Just need more care on what people are working around and how to protect themselves.
Terrible company to work for!
Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 December 2019
I worked for Morgan for 2 years an it was the most miserable years of my adult life. The management is for the most part clueless, very immature and very unprofessional. I had a superintendent make up things to tell my supervisor to try and get me in trouble. Had my supervisor throw me under the bus multiple times for his mistakes. Had a superintendent yell at me infront of a full safety trailer for silly, inconsequential things. On top of all that, wages are poorand if you're not friends with the supers, they won't think twice about having you sit at home for extended periods or even sitting at camp unpaid for days on end. Wouldn't work here again even if I had no other options.
I love working with Morgan!
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, AB6 November 2019
I have worked with Morgan in two different positions and I’d go back in a heartbeat. Great group of people and excellent work happening in the field and in the office.
productive and fun place to work
Haul truck operator 777 All cats (Former Employee) –  Fort McKay, AB28 October 2019
i had np working there treated me good never had a problem i just did my job, flights were always organized and rooms were good,i would suggest anyone
Pros
eat well driving breaks are quiet
Cons
Not a good company to work for
Rigid frame Haul truck driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills site10 September 2019
Was working up at Fort Hills site for Morgan in camp. Had to leave camp due to medical reasons. Informed Health and safety of my situation and then proceeded to leave camp. Find out nearly a month later that Morgan went too Suncor later and requested that I be given a 60 day sight ban from all suncor sites. This has severely impacted my livelihood.

asuncor basr
Great company with a good philosophy on team work.
Grader Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta21 August 2019
Great crew..top notch managers and trainer.
Safety personel on point.
Team work is key.
Working with safety in mind doing pre trip post trip to avoid incidents before they happen.
Mecanic on site.
Pros
Managers are knowledgable
Cons
Could use more equipment
Would give them no stars if possible
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 August 2019
By far the biggest joke to work for. They hire some good guys which makes it not so bad but the management were all born yesterday and don't even bother trying to talk to anyone in the office, complete idiots. There wages are garbage. if you know someone or if your good on your knees you might get consistent work. No matter what you're hired for expect to either sit on a bus or a truck for a few days and also expect to labour no matter what you're hired for. Most disorganized group you'll ever work for. Go elsewhere if you can but if you end up with them constantly keep applying elsewhere and get out as soon as you can.
Pros
Money if you got nowhere else to go
Cons
The foreman pick their buddies to stay and work and you sit at home while the company posts ads for operators needed?
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 June 2019
Disappointing to say the least
Just a number
Not a Disney attitude at all
They pick workers who are their buddies to work and the rest of the employees don t matter to them.
Pros
co workers
Cons
wage
Excellent Company!
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB17 June 2019
Best company i have been able to work for in my short time of employment. Everyone knows what they're doing, people are great to work with! The foremans and superintendents are usually easy to communicate with. Wages were fair and competitive to other construction companies and they are always getting new jobs so you never have to worry about sitting for too long!
Lack of respect for employees
Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2019
This company has a revolving door policy and doesn't treat their human resource's as a resource. They could care less about keeping current employees happy with the company, that's way you always find them here recruiting new victims. Half of their supervisors are noobs, so depending where they send you will dictate if you have a positive experience. If they're going to send you to fort hills better rethink you options. If your looking to gain experience on a equipment they do have some decent gear. Overall if you are a experienced operator don't waste your time unless your desperate for work and willing to put up with their BS.
Pros
they do have winter work
Cons
to many to list
We believe in respect
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 May 2019
Working for Morgan gave me the ability to challenge myself and gain a higher level of knowledge in safety and being part of a family.
The best part was the people who worked beside you...
doing a job well done was the goal of the day and doing it safely.
we all took great responsibility in making sure we all went home at the end of the day.
Management was great,always willing to answer any concerns or questions.
Foreman's showed great leadership skills and providing all the necessary procedures to do the job effectively and efficiently.
They were always there to lend a hand and help out if needed.
Friendly and always welcoming.
I will always value my time with Morgan.
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
Bad weather
Worst company I ever worked at
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Fort hills26 April 2019
The management at fort hills is a joke. They believe women should only be truck drivers and packer operators. They under pay, and tell you it’s because the “economy is in rough shape”.
They will lay people off and not tell them till they end up at the airport with no plane ticket.
10/10 do not recommend unless you’re desperate for a job like I was.
Pros
The few decent people who work there
Cons
absolutely everything.
Family work life balance
Grader Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2019
I love working here as we all are like a family. We all have respect for one another and rely on each other for getting things done safely. The foreman and management are good people to work for and make the environment a good place to work
Pros
Camp
Not worth the time.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hills, AB18 March 2019
Absolutely worst place to work. The superintendents on the Fort Hills project do not have a clue what they are doing. I have seen kindergarten classes run better than that job. There is a good reason for the turn over rate they have. I would not recommend this place to anyone.
Cons
Nick Erb
This company is a waste of time
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort hills12 March 2019
I fully agree with run as far away from the bunch of tools they have running the fort hills operations. I can not believe Suncor even has these bunch of idoits up there! One of the worst companies I have ever had the displeasure of coming into contact with. Avoid avoid avoid!!!!
Cons
One of the worst companies out there
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 March 2019
Promise you lots of work but will lay you off after a single job and not even have the decency or professionalism to tell you about it! Constant lies about work coming right up to try to keep you.
Their work practices and shortcuts out at Fort Hills are bordering on criminal.
The office staff is the most uncommunicative, rude and belligerent bunch of people I’ve ever had the misfortune to deal with.
There is no work/life balance because they don’t care and the wages are absolutely some of the lowest in the industry.
They have a huge turn over because they are a terrible company to work for. People don’t walk away from jobs, they walk away from nasty employers.
Cons
Management, low wages, no work/life balance, constant lies about upcoming work that never materializes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Morgan Construction and Environmental Ltd. Reviews by Location