Morgan Construction & Environmental Ltd. Employee Reviews

great place to start an apprenticeship
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB3 August 2017
this place is full of learning opprotunity, had great hours and overtime, even in town. payed for my certification and safety training, and provided a place for me to do it. made a respectable living for a young man. mechanics are a friendly group of guys, good place to put your nose to the grindstone.
Pros
same schedule weekly, ppe is provided minus boots
Cons
long hours, good chance of getting dirty
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2017
Morgan is a really good place to work. They thrive on safety and have a really good atmosphere for their employees in the workplace. They also pay competitive wages.
to the point, know what your getting
Lead hand/Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta24 May 2017
good new equipment, as an operator they were a good place to work with lots of hours and good equipment, the only con was they relied to heavy on the tfw and replaced the locals to much
hard to get back
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta21 April 2017
hard to get back on worked there for about a year. got sent home and then waited on call to return to work I never got the call to return. met some great guys while workling there, overall an okay company. wish them the best of luck!
organized and friendly
Rock Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 December 2016
Great Staff to work with
working outside
boss was nice easy to work for
safety meeting in morning were always good

Building road in a different way then I am use to
was a excellent experience jpb culture great. management excellent
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
I enjoyed working there even though I only lasted 2weeks . The supervisor was professional and informative about what tasks are expected and safety was always stressed.Co worker's were professional and helpful .Hr department was highly organized
and pleasant to deal with .
Pros
great pay great company everyone very professional and welcoming
Cons
to labour extensive for myself young worker ok
Decent place too work. Inexperienced management
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC22 June 2016
Good jobs and work but the management in and out of the office is very unorganized and inexperienced. They are friendly and good bosses just need some more experience.
not good company unfair in treatment of workers
Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  acheson alberta26 July 2015
take money from employees every day. treat employees with distane all the time. The management team are unfair in dealings with employees.
Pros
Cons
lodts
Lots of good employee's
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Acheson, AB7 April 2015
Lots of good people to work with there. There is no job security there.
If your lucky you might get 4 months work a year. Wages are low compared to other construction companies in Alberta. They like to hire temporary foreign workers from Ireland, which they get cheaper and then Canadian employee's sit at home. Do yourself a favor and get a job with the likes of, Thompson Brothers, Graham Brothers, North American
Pros
Good employee's
Cons
Lots of lies from foreman
Work from Home
Project Admin (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2015
Generally my work comes in around 6:30, I would check my eSES reports first to make sure all the invoices I uploaded to the client were accepted by them. I would then start printing all the timesheets for the men and equipment, put them in the payroll tally and the equipment in the equipment tally. At this point after I know I'm not missing anyone or there is duplicate Unit #'s I would enter them into Spira to make a DMT. After they are created I check them manually to the DTS and then do a pivot table to make sure everything balances and is correct. Then I would create invoices and then scan them, I would then go into Report Manager and download the files and then attach the files I have scanned. As the files need to be adjusted, then double checked, then upload them into a program called Ariba. I then put them onto a spreadsheet and send them into head office. I feel lucky to have worked both in office and the field as each has its benefits knowing what the field goes through to get the invoices with the proper information to the office and the office trying to get the field workers to supply them with the correct info, I found it very beneficial to understand both sides.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
I don't have my own job when I work in the office
Great co-workers
Human Resources Advisor, Temporary Foreign Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2014
- Good people
- Long hours
- Always learning something new
- Lots of extra out of work activities
- Training for upgrading skills