Morgan Borszcz Consulting Employee Reviews

Great company with plenty of room for personal/professional growth
Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA13 March 2018
MBC has been a great place to work. I have worked with amazing people and had the opportunity to take on new challenges and pursue my career goals. I have appreciated the friendships that I've made as well as the mentoring and coaching that I've received throughout my time at MBC.
Pros
Great people, lots of opportunities, caring management, and good compensation
Cons
None that are not inherent to any small company supporting government clients.
Excellent Company!!
Sr Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA11 March 2018
Clearly defined expectations from my Manager
The culture is very relaxed and easy
The work can be intense at times, but you know those times are coming, and you prep for it. Also, it is a team effort
Great benefits
Pros
Great benefits, work hours, phone, team, support, fun travel
Cons
Wish there was better integration with the staff across the US
Amazing company, wonderful work environment, top notch culture, clear values and vision, managers who listen, employees feel empowered
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA10 March 2018
Can't say enough good things about MBC! I am surrounded everyday by a great team, a very positive environment, opportunities for professional growth, empowerment and managers who are true leaders and mentors. I started my career with MBC 4+ years ago in San Diego being completely new to FMS. In those 4 years, MBC has encouraged me to grow professionally and given me many opportunities to advance my career. My manager listens, cares, communicates very well and provides tools for our team’s career advancement. The overall team communication and collaboration is top notch and the small company makes it more like a family environment. Our clients are very happy with our daily support and say nothing but good things about the company as a whole. The culture is friendly and collaborative with a focus on high quality deliverables while making employees feel valued. Leadership is great and managers truly care about their employees. MBC encourages team building through charity events and our CEO is always looking for ways to give back to the community. MBC is a very positive environment for learning, growth, career advancement and teamwork with the benefits of a small company family atmosphere!
Pros
small company, great culture, managers who listen, charity events, flexible time off, cell phone plan
11 March 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We pride ourselves on creating a company culture where employees are empowered and happy. We are happy to have you as a part of the team!

breakdown of communication/ teamwork
consultant (Current Employee) –  washington9 March 2018
zero communication between employees and teams, especially between seniors and newer employees.

Managers are not involved, but still make executive decisions like they know what's going on. The opinions of seniors are treated as absolute and not investigated. Every MBC consultant makes mistakes daily, but people only get blamed for their mistakes if it's convenient to the company. Very dishonest, unethical political games. Two-faced senior employees will smile at you one second and throw you under the bus the next if it makes them look competent.

If you don't like teamwork or nice people who support you, then bingo, mbc's your ideal company
Pros
As with any company, some of the employees are really nice
Cons
Isn't it hilarious how all the fake positive reviews on here can't seem to think of any cons?
Fun, challenging, caring toward employees
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego9 March 2018
I have worked at MBC for 6 years and have appreciated that they always treat their employees like adults. That seems easy to say but my prior experience was that other companies do not. Here they publish their compensation approach, they are open about how you will be assessed, they provided continuous feedback through employee/supervisor check-ins so if you care you will know where you stand.

The hardest part of the job is balancing client commitments with other responsibilities as you advance. Here again they treat you like an adult. If you want to just do your work for the client and be left allow you are, but if you want to grow and learn and advance they help you grow. My two supervisors have really cared about the company and their staff. Upper management makes themselves available to talk to us (regular staff) and that is often rare.
11 March 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We're so happy to have you as a part of the team!

Company that cares about its employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA9 March 2018
I've worked for MBC for over 7 years, so obviously there's a lot that I like :) The leadership truly cares about its employees. Personally, I have been given unprecedented opportunities to grow and take on leadership opportunities. I started with MBC as a very junior employee, and have been promoted 3 times in 7 years. The CEO comes out from DC once a month and always makes time to meet with all employees, juniors, mids, and seniors. MBC promotes from within, and sometimes there are growing pains. I know I've made mistakes in my role, as everyone else has, but it's not for lack of caring or trying. I believe everyone is trying to do their best, and I know that's the case with the people I work with at MBC.
11 March 2018

We fully support stepping into long-term career with MBC and are so glad that you've been a part of the team for over 7 years! Thank you for your review.

Phenominal Place!
HR (Current Employee) –  VA9 March 2018
MBC is a phenomenal pace to work. I was there from 2011 to 2013 until such time I transitioned over to a sister company - however I still work in a consulting capacity. Top notch management communication, career path, and benefits! Would recommend to anyone!
Pros
morale
11 March 2018

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at MBC and can still continue to work with us in another capacity. Thank you for being a part of the team and we appreciate your review!

A small company that is committed to developing employees
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego9 March 2018
I have been with MBC for 4+ years and have been presented with many opportunities to grow my career and develop skill sets that I identified. MBC is a small company, which allows its employees to get involved in many aspects of the business - if that matches the skills an employee wants to grow (business development, company strategy & goals, recruiting, engagement control, professional development).

I came from working at a large consulting firm, so the transparent communication and regular interaction with MBC owners was new to me. It has been very refreshing to be involved in where the company is going. While MBC is based on the East Coast, executive leadership visits San Diego monthly and the San Diego team has started doing charity and social events to create a unique culture for our West Coast practice.
11 March 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We're glad you've enjoyed working with us for 4+ years and are so happy that you're a part of the team!

Fun place to work; opportunities to grow professionally; leadership that listens
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  DC Metro Area8 March 2018
MBC is a really flexible company, and a fun place to work.
They believe in a work-life balance, which is great!
They treat staff like adults, and expect in turn for staff to act like adults.
They have a unique culture of transparency and learning.
I have worked at MBC for almost five years, and every day is different. But that is what being a consultant is, and I thrive in that environment.
MBC is exciting, and challenging, and fun. The leadership listens to what the staff wants and needs to grow as professionals, and provides those tools!
Pros
Outstanding benefits, Leadership that listens, Great support structure
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Love this company, favorite place I have worked so far
Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego8 March 2018
As a small business, MBC allowed me a lot of opportunities to grow and take on leadership opportunities. They have a fast paced environment but in a good way. They allow you to take on multiple roles if you want to grow in various ways. I worked at the client site but the management team makes an effort to get us together for lunches and happy hours. I was surprised how much they communicated to us in comparison with another government contract company I worked for. I was surprised about the little things they do like getting a Birthday card. Small thing but it was nice.

I really enjoyed this company and my direct supervisor. Their ownership seems to care and that helps make it nice as well.
Pros
Good salary; Benefits; Time-off Policy
Cons
none so far
Employee centered company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA7 March 2018
I love that the employee-centered feel is driven from the top down. We recently got to participate in multiple initiatives to mold the company into one we truly love! We had a bunch of tiger teams and they created a ton of efficiencies, like reducing the PMR process and altering it to be a more fluid check-in with management to be able to know at all times where you stand.
I also believe that we have some of the best compensation and benefits for the area as I've spoken with lots of others. And we get to do fun things like happy hours, team lunch and learn and we are even going to be doing a group exercise class for those who want to participate. Overall, a great experience and I'm proud to be a part of this company.
Pros
fun environment; great benefits; candid conversations with management; room for career development
Cons
Hmmmm. I'm not sure I have any at this time.
Very Good Culture/Care about Employees
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA7 March 2018
I have enjoyed my time at MBC. They are transparent in there communication and have a culture that motivates employees to grow and learn. The leadership team cares about employees and there culture includes team meetings, happy hours, family events and community outreach. The have yearly bonuses and also provide spot awards for extra-ordinary efforts.

Working at the client location is frustrating sometimes and I have to travel some for my job. Though it is tiring I do enjoy the travel so it does not bother me too much.

While a job is work the culture at least makes it feel like you are valued. I left MBC to join another company but came back when it was clear that the grass is not always greener.

Overall this is a great company.
Pros
Good development program
Cons
Working from Govt SIte
Finally a Company that Cares!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA7 March 2018
If you know anything about the government contracting world, there are a ton of companies out there fighting for the same work. It's easy to get lost in the shuffle. That's why I'm glad I found MBC! I really like my teammates, I've learned a ton and I have the opportunity to grow my career whereas at other companies it felt like I wasn't even being considered.
Pros
excellent salary, flexibility, I love my supervisor and career growth opportunities
Cons
N/a
Great company!
Case Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC6 March 2018
It's a small to mid-size company and I really appreciate how much they care about employees and their career. I've worked for a very large corporation before and was lost, dealt with a lot of red tape and felt like it was cut-throat with thousands of other employees. Here, I feel like I can make a difference.
Pros
Mentorship, upward mobility, great pay
Cons
I really can't think of any
Collaborative, Forward-thinking and Flexible
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA6 March 2018
I've worked with MBC for more than 6 years because it's a great company to work for. I've been able to grow with the company and I've always felt like my manager has had my best interest and career path at heart. I've felt that it's a very collaborative environment in which peers help each other out. Additionally, I love the little touches like cards on your Birthday, holiday parties and recognition for a job well done.
Pros
Flexible Time Off; Great Salaries; Family Feel; Upper Management strives to continuously improve
Cons
None that I can think of
Lacking company culture, vision, values
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA15 February 2018
They treat their employees like sub-human pawns, and then scratch their head about why their company culture is in the toilet. It's not rocket science.

The problem is always the employee, and never the management. There's no accountability, leadership or values. I learned nothing at my time at MBC other than how terrible some companies can be.
Pros
Benefits, hours, pay is average
Cons
Management, culture, work environment, career advancement
Frustrating, unresponsive company
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA13 January 2018
Completely backwards understanding of the client- support relationship. They take such a stiff, unimaginative approach to contracting. They really don't understand that govies are people too, and don't want to be treated like strangers. They also don't like watching contracting companies treat their employees poorly. So when MBC does something messed up in the name of "client delivery" they are shooting themselves in the foot.
Pros
self-destructive tactics, poor understanding of government contracting
Cons
self-destructive tactics, poor understanding of government contracting
Frustrating, unresponsive company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA13 January 2018
Pros
self-destructive tactics, poor understanding of government contracting
Cons
self-destructive tactics, poor understanding of government contracting
Cowardly Management
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA13 January 2018
Weak management that uses juvenile tactics to get things done. There is no semblance of professionalism. They don't even attempt to train their employees or help build their careers.

For instance, my current company pays $1,000 to any employee who completes a certain amount of the training they provide. Things like this are the norm at most companies: they care about their employees and pour into them. They communicate clearly with them, support them and give them what they need to excel not just at the company, but for their career. Long-term, this builds an "external network" of people who remain an asset to the company even when they've moved on in their careers.

MBC on the other hand is the opposite of this. They have a network of angry ex-workers. Even current junior employees hate the company and are trying to leave as soon as they are able to. Worst company culture I've ever seen.
Pros
None I can think of. They are as bad as they get
Cons
To many to list. Just don't work for them. Just don't.
Good Job, Salary on the lower end of the spectrum for consulting
IT Requirements Lead (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC8 September 2015
I had a great time at MBC, however I felt that leadership was greatly lacking and that my salary was much lower than my peers

Comment – 12 July 2017

I agree with this. When you are brought on you will be much higher than your competitors, but after a few promotions and tenure at the company you will be making considerably less than your peers who joined later, at the same career level.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morgan Borszcz Consulting. Our community is ready to answer.