Moraine Lake Lodge Employee Review

View all Moraine Lake Lodge reviews

Moraine Lake Lodge is a great friendly work environment with breath-taking scenery.
Room Attendant Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB12 August 2012
- I start my day by getting the Daily Room Status Report from Front Desk and assign team members to clean certain amount of rooms. We are using walky talky to communicate within our housekeeping department. Whenever each team member finishes his/her room, he/she will update me over the walky talky, then i will go to inspect the rooms to make sure they meet the expectation and standards of Moraine Lake Lodge. After that I will confirm to the Front Desk for which rooms I have checked. I also have to make sure that all Departure rooms have to be done before check-in time.
- I have learnt a lot of how to become a good team lead. I always keep up as role model with good performance.I've gained my patient and emotional intelligent skills which are very helpful to motivate the team as well as avoiding conflicts due language barrier and misunderstanding.
- The management gives great care for their staffs. If there is an issue, the staffs can come and talk to them about it with their professional hospitality.
-We have such a diverse and friendly workplaces. Everyone comes from different cities, countries. They look after and support each other and have a lot of fun when we have time off.
- In my opinion, the hardest part of this job is to keep all team members up to one standard level because each individual has different drive and passion. So as a team lead, I think I should try to understand what is each team member's needs, drive, strength and weakness in order to motivate or couching them.
- I love to work at Moraine Lake Lodge because of the beautiful people and landscapes surround
  more... me.  less
Pros
free outdoor activities like canoeing, horse back riding, water rafting. free ride for the calgary stampede, and recreation activities (tennis, baseball, softball, yoga, gym).
Cons
very secluded area

Other Moraine Lake Lodge Employee Reviews

Unforgettable, inspiring and moderately exhausting.
Cafe Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB22 April 2018
Moraine Lake Lodge is an excellent place to work where you can live in and explore the most beautiful place in the world. The owners and GM have been there for many years of their lives and they take extreme pride in their property, as they should, it is exquisite.

If you are a Supervisor of a department, your job can be very taxing and exhausting but not un-enjoyable. Managing the staff in such an incredibly fast paced environment can be very stressful but not unrewarding. As long as you are firm but kind and understand your demographic, you'll be great. You are working and living in a very young environment.

They offer staff accommodation on site due to the remote location of the lodge. It is not great and is very cramped and only about ten to fifteen of you will get a personal space. Generally speaking, that's typically couples who were hired together. A door is a hot commodity. If you enjoy camping or living in a dorm style environment, you wont mind this at all. Over the years they have been very focused on the improvement of the staff accommodation and are still working to improve them. I'd give it a chance. They also offer meals for their staff. Cereal and sandwiches are always on the go, there's a hot breakfast here and there and a hot dinner every night. You'll eventually get sick of the options and you'll never want to see bread again at the end of the season but hey, it doesn't cost you much. Luckily, some of Canada's finest restaurants are within a short driving distance. If you don't have a car. you're going to wish you had one. Befriend someone with a vehicle
  more... as fast as you can. You'll be grateful that you did.

Keep in mind before choosing this job that you are living on a mountain and are very secluded. Everything that you take for granted in the city is miles away. Driving to nearby towns like Banff and Canmore will become a weekly routine. Your nearest Timmies or Starbucks is 45 minutes away. If you are an outdoorsy or very physical person, you've arrived in heaven.

Working at Moraine Lake Lodge is truly a one of a kind experience which I would highly recommend to young people looking for the experience of their lives. You will never forget your first drive up the mountain as long as you live and please respect the environment you're in. Take care of it. A big part of your job is being an environmental steward. You'll understand why, when you get there.
Pros
location, experiences, beauty, activities, hiking, management
Cons
staff accommodation, young staff and environment, demanding work day
beautiful location
Canoe Dock Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Louise, AB28 March 2018
Beautiful location to work at, settled in the Rockies in Western Canada. Lots of hikes to do, lots of scenery to see. Work is demanding but for those willing to stick it out, the reward is worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moraine Lake Lodge. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6