Mopify Employee Reviews

All of the are rats.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 June 2019
I didnt even get hired. I applied and got selected for an interview, my time was wasted and not only that. They emailed me to say that I was not selected. But I had all the experience? They failed to tell me why and by the small encounter that I had with the lady over the phone, I know thos company is a host unotherized mess.
Pros
The pay that i didnt get to experience
Cons
Legit the whole hiring process. If anyone wants to waste their times. Go ahead, but honestly keep in mind that other cleaning jobs do better.
Great for fast money
Janitorial Services (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 May 2019
I like working for mopify , great for fast money but not a place that I would go for a secure job to make money you schedule will all-ll over the place,
Pros
No security
Cons
No security
Mopify robs you blind
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2019
Mopify gives you contracts in Edmonton or varies other towns and cities, but you are out busting your butt for someone who takes on average 8 dollars per hour from your salary because of them giving you a client. I am not interested in lining someone else's pockets when I am a perfectionist and make sure the job is done properly as well as doing things needing done without being asked, which a good house cleaner does... Your clients learn to love you because it is a very personal job in which you gain trust in your cleaner if you no longer wish to be taken for granted and hard earned money... They won't allow you to work for the clients that you've worked so hard to earn a great name and repour with unless u pay them 1000 dollars for each client that wished for you to remain cleaning their homes. So Mopify sucks ...
Flexible and productive place to work at
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 March 2019
A typical day at work is very fast paced. You will work at two houses a day. Usually alone and the day goes by fast. The hardest part of the job is that house cleaning is physically exhausting. The most enjoyable part is that you can choose your own schedule and it has flexible hours.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Not the most reliable scheduling
Great Gig
Cleaner/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ottawa27 February 2019
Pretty great gig. Been working with them for about four months now. Basically, I decide on the houses I want to clean or not and how much I want to work.

They seem like a pretty popular company so there's always tons of work and most of the clients are nice if they're home.

Any time I need help with something, the support people are quick to respond and easy to deal with.
Pros
Good pay, lots of work, manage my own schedule
Cons
Working alone can be boring
Not all they promise
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 February 2019
Mopify misinforms its cleaners right from advertising, offering up to $21hr plus tips, yet right on the website they almost discourage customers from tipping. Most jobs pay $19 an hour it's only $21 if the Cleaner brings their own supplies, which Mopify charges the customer an extra $10 Per Visit. What this means is unless the cleaner works 5 hours (the average is 3hrs) Mopify makes money off the cleaners supplies.

When a higher hourly rate for an emergency job was offered, these are last minute, hard to find a cleaner offers, I had to actually ask for the extra money promised, each time.

Mopify uses an online estimate tool which always underestimates jobs to the customer, then Mopify underestimates it again even more so to the Cleaner, making the Cleaner have to ask for more time. Without more than the automatic 15 extra minutes allowed, it makes it almost impossible to complete the Standard Clean. No Less than 5 times, I asked Mopify about the allotted times given to the Cleaner to do any particular tasks, ei: 30 min for a bathroom or 45 mins for the kitchen. Each time I was completely Ignored by Mopify.

As a cleaner if something went wrong or needed to contact the customer I was expected to talk/text to up 4 different representatives from support about 1 job, having to repeat the situation to each one, because they hadn't read file notes and they do not communicate amongst each other.

They do have tons of work, but I found they are extremely disorganized, so make sure you have a small territory or they will have you in Kanata in the morning then off
  more... to Vanier in the afternoon, to go back to Kanata the next day. If you take the bus be careful they are big fans of sending you to locations where the travel time is equal to or greater then the actual clean time  less
Pros
Tons of work
Cons
Everything Else
User Service Representative (USR) (Current Employee) –  Stittsville, ON15 January 2019
Very welcoming, and tight-knit team. Very laid back yet professional management team. Very accommodating in terms of finding a schedule that works for you. The hardest part (for me) us the commute, as their office is in Stittsville, but that's very subjective. And that being the "hardest" part of the job just goes to show how great it is to work here.
Pros
Pizza days, Bonuses, Benefits
Cons
Stittsville
No Review
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2019
No Review- Company was okay to work for. Contractor based. Hard to meet customers standards even if you follow Mopify's outlines of how to clean, some customers were still unhappy.
They treat you like a robot
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 November 2018
Do not work for this company. They do not care about clients or cleaners. They treat you like a robot and the pay is not worth going to the ghetto clients and nasty jobs they send you to..beware!!!
Pros
Cons
Everything terrible job
Will not give you a chance
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 November 2018
So before working at Mopify, I worked at another cleaning company for a year so I do know what I am doing for the most part if I do not know something and I have questions I know to ask or to just leave whatever needs to be cleaned and explain to the client why you did not clean things and of course if you break something to take a picture of it and send it to management and if the client is home be very apologetic for breaking whatever that item is.

I worked for Mopify for about a month I did 5 houses during that time I had two great reviews 5/5 and I got a $20 tip from the lady I did the move out clean and two bad ones 1/5 so the first bad one the lady said I scratched her stainless steel fridge which I did not it was already scratched when I got there all I used on her fridge was a microfiber cloth and dish soap and water. She also told me to just focus on hard to reach areas for dusting such as baseboards, ledges and hard to reach higher up lights so I did that she told me not to do mirrors the coffee table, bedside tables, dining room table etc that sort of thing so naturally I did not do that at the end of the clean she gave me a $14 dollar tip so I thought I did a good job because of that also her house did not look perfect at the end but it had probably not been cleaned in a few months properly so it looked a lot better. Then she gave me a 1/5 review saying I scratched her stainless steel fridge, that I did not do the main surfaces such as the mirrors the coffee table, bedside tables, dining room table etc. and that I did not properly vacuum and wash the floors I
  more... Vacuumed the floor twice and washed the floor twice but there was so much grease and grime on her floor it was hard to get off so yes I could have done a better job of her floors. Then the next client who gave me a 1/5 said I broke her master bathroom tap and dish rack it was broken when I got there and I took a picture right away and sent it to Mopify she also said I broke her cooker knobs which I did not I did take them off to clean them then popped them back on this client also said certain things were missed during the clean the only thing I did not clean was her bathroom ceiling fans as they were very loose and it looked like they were about to fall and I made Mopify aware of this.

I was never given enough time at the homes when the clients were supposed to provide supplies they never had enough or the right ones. I always asked Mopify for the extra time about an hour into my clean and it always took them forever to get back to me, and any time I called them they never picked up their phones I understand this is a technology-based company but occasionally you need an answer right away. Also, I had a couple days where they would constantly text me and of course you are expected to respond right away so I had to take off my cleaning gloves and text them back this is taking time away from the Client and is honestly just plain rude. I also carried a few of the basic cleaning supplies with me just in case the client did not have it.

Then I get an email saying that they are ending my contract so I ask why and they just say it's not working out. Like at least let me do a few more houses like 10 houses I think would be fair before ending my contract. Also, you have to do two interviews with them one over the phone, one video chat, a criminal background check and doing a bunch of reading on agreements and contracts before getting this job.

You also only get 10-15 hours a week (I worked in the Vancouver area)

The pros were flexible scheduling, set your own territory, good pay more cons though then pros.

Please note I have always been one of the top employees at my previous jobs, been on time, for the most part, show up to my shifts hard working etc.

I personally would not recommend working for this company due to the following reasons above thank you.
Pros
Flexible, set your own schedule, good pay
Great part-time job!
Residential Cleaner/Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 August 2018
Pros:

1. Full control of your schedule (great for students!)

2. Very user-friendly dashboard, you can adjust your schedule/make changes with ease, and I think it has a great design.

3. Technical support responds to texts quickly and is almost always friendly and helpful

4. Paychecks are direct-deposited into your account every week, and all payments/completed jobs are broken down on your dashboard, which is nice

5. You are covered in the case that you accidentally break something while cleaning (it happens)

6. The wage is relatively high compared to other cleaning companies, all though you do have to pay your own gas and supplies. However, this may not be a huge issue if you only take jobs nearby and make your own cleaning products!

Cons:

1. It gets lonely as a full-time gig! Sometimes it feels a bit too impersonal since you never actually meet the people you work for. This can definitely be a pro, and I'm sure many would consider it - I did at first.

2. Correspondence between cleaners and tech support is all through text and e-mail, which makes sense, and is fine for the most part, except when you are driving, or in a time-sensitive situation and need to speak to someone right away. Also, while it happens rarely (most of the technical team I've interacted with over the 2 years I've been working for this company have been very pleasant and helpful) it can be stressful when someone from tech support becomes snappy or rude when they don't actually understand the nature of the situation - another disadvantage of texting

2. Tax is not deducted, so
  more... you are responsible for retaining gas and cleaning supply receipts and all other documentation for your taxes. This could be considered a pro, since you are technically a private contractor and can claim more business expenses as such, but it is an added responsibility.

3. I really feel that Mopify would be doing themselves and their cleaners a huge solid by ensuring that each client located near or in the core provides information on parking. I felt a bit cheated when I'd be forced to pay for parking and then told that I should have google street viewed the address beforehand, something I otherwise never do. This issue could be avoided entirely if this information is always listed in the details.
Nice place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa13 May 2018
You make your own hours, which is very nice especially if you're a student. The supervisors are very down to earth and always take your side of things if something goes wrong at a house, and always give you a chance to explain yourself if you get less than a 3/5 while cleaning a house. Pretty great!
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
When customers are home.
Great Place to Work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  British Columbia16 April 2018
Great hotel and great employees treated me very nice. Mophify hotel gives great opportunity to plan my future and get along with employees very easily. Also they give you good foods for each employees
Pros
Give good salary
Cons
Very overwhelming on working
Very laid back work schedual
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 May 2017
It is fun to choose your own work scheudal but when it comes down to it you arent always gaurenteed your 40 hours A week , sometimes its not even worth the time to drove to the clean and then clean for 2 hours and leave and your done your day it would be nice if there was a scheudal and they stuck to it .
Pros
You get to pick your own work schedual
Cons
You arent always gaurenteed 40 hours a week