Moose Winooski's Employee Reviews

Horrible Management/Training
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON9 August 2019
I was hired on as a Hostess, with no previous work experience but a willingness to learn. I was to come in on my first day and I was told I would be shadowing someone and working by their side to learn the job for the first week. The very first day I got handed a shirt, and was thrown into the position with no one working with me, no one to show me the ropes and I was expected to figure it out on my own. There were large groups coming in to be seated and no one was there to provide me with any training. Needless to say I did not come back.
Pros
none!
Cons
Horrible management, no training
Bad to employees
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 June 2019
Not a good place to work unless you like being verbally insulted and have rude comments said to you plus not let you have days off that you need off then apply
Pros
Cons
Everything else
not the best place to work
Line cook and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON20 June 2019
i enjoyed working here for the fish month or two but when i started to work on the line and cook food i was always being disrespected by many of the staff and even management
Great for students
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 May 2019
Flexible schedules are ideal for students and wages are not the best but to be expected from the restaurant industry. the hardest part of the job was how busy the restaurant would get on certain nights.
A very busy work schedule, always moving at a very fast pace, no time to talk or take a break.
Pantry Cook/Pantry Opener (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 January 2019
I enjoyed working with food and making the food look eye appealing and presentful not to only myself but to the staff and the guests as well. I enjoyed working mainly by myself, the freedom I had when figuring things out for myself such as the techniques used when preparing certain food items. Over all the chef was childish and rude and expected alot from 1 person. Throughout the time I worked at Moose Winooski's I believe there was only 1 chance I got to purchase food, sit down and eat it.
Pros
Free tap water
Cons
Minimum wage.
A tough kitchen
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 November 2018
The Moose was an increasingly difficult place to work.
They had a very high staff turnover rate which was problematic for all employees. Pay way barely above minimum.
Great Place to work
Dish Washer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON1 August 2018
A good place to work and get experience in the food industry that I will never forget. Amazing staff and management. Overall a quality franchise to work for.
Pros
Discounted Food
Very nice Co workers and staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON26 June 2018
I liked working at Moose Winooskis. My co-workers were all nice, I enjoyed work and got to know some of the customers, but I got very little hours and some of the managers were rude.
Very fun, fast paced and properly run setting
Server (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 May 2018
I loved working for Moose Winooski's. I felt it was led by an amazing management team and that the employees are trained thoroughly leaving very little room for error. It's a great place to eat and I really love the atmosphere. It is laid back as long as you do your job, which I like.
Pros
Tips were great
Not a friendly environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 February 2018
Not easy to talk to a lot of managers and servers. Boring job, basically standing there until a guest arrives (no stimulation) Hardly had any training (but requires no brain work)
Pros
Hours
Cons
Most managers
moose winooskis
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 January 2018
alright place, theyll give you a lot of hours if thats what youre looking for. they however will come to a point of giving you too many hours last minute. i was always stuck with closing whenever i showed up.
Moose
BAR MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 November 2017
Working for moose winooskis is like working for a huge family. They are great leaders of the hospitality industry withing the tri city area. I would recommend anyone looking for a job within this industry Mosse Winooskis is a great option
Fast paste and fun environment
Server/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON7 June 2017
Served here for five years and learned how to work in a fast paste environment and how to handle the pressure and stay organized. The management was usually very helpful and nice. The workplace culture was good. Lots of different age groups. The hardest part of the job was when we had hockey tournaments and would have tables of 50-60 walk in on those weekends. The most enjoyable part of this job was the atmosphere and the social aspects of the job as well as our staff events. I also loved training new people.
Pros
Discounts and staff events
Cons
long hours and never have a set end time
Great
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 May 2017
Everyone is very helpful, friendly and personable. It was a very high-paced job with lots of learning. Required exceptional communication skills and time management.
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 February 2017
It was an okay place to work although i do not recommend for anyone to work in a kitchen. One of the most frustrating jobs in the world.
Pros
Unfairness
Cons
Unfairness
Easygoing Work Environment
Waitress and Hostess (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON14 November 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers. I learned how to communicate clearly with the guests to give them the best possible experience.
nice place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 November 2016
Moose Winooski's is great. Their wings have been my top pic for years. Recently we were there for a family birthday and I had the Lumberjack platter, another of my favorites. The lumberjack has wings, ribs, schnitzel and a side of your choosing. It is literally 2 meals worth and awesome. Highly recommend the Moose
I love being a host/server.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 May 2016
• Tended to the seating and care for customers
• Ran and served food to all parts of the restaurant
• Organize large groups of parties into a formed matter in which the restaurant will run smoothly
• Worked for long amount of hours while still keeping area clean and customers happy
• Tend to multiple customers at once

Over all I loved working for Moose Winooski's.
Great work experience
Server (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 May 2016
Working at Moose is always a fun and great learning experience.
The management staff is very flexible with working around my school schedule and still able to find shifts for me.
Fresh food
Opener/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 February 2016
Typical day can range from 5-10 hours without a break. I learned how to multi-task and proper time management while working in at a fast pace during lunch rushes. I'd say the hardest part of the job is either the time constraints or trying to forecast the night rushes and prep ahead for them.
Cons
Long hours.