Moores Clothing for Men
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Moores Clothing for Men Employee Reviews

Canada244 reviews

Decent Place to Work. Pay is not fantastic though....

Pay is not great though but Moores Men's Clothing is not a terrible place to work. You get discounts on purchases at staff rate and hours are very flexible.

Pros

Discounts on in-house purchases

Good workplace, enjoyed my time with Moores. Difficult to maintain work/life in retail.

A good company with options for advancement. Lots of training given, good benefits and enjoyable atmosphere. Busy through the summer. A good opportunity for students.

Under paid, over worked.

Run. They pick favourites and don’t push you out if you aren’t one of them. They don’t follow covid protocol. The managers don’t listen to concerns. Just Run as fast as you can.

Cons

Low pay

Terrible place to work

This company convinced me to go full time when they were hiring for part time. So I told them full time will be good. Then a week later they cut hours. So I left a company that was giving me full time hours to come here where they cut hours. I can’t live like this. Just terrible

Normal, pretty good

A good place for work, you can learn a lot about clothing for men, but the management really needs improvement, sometimes be treated unfairly, Commission sell always that case.

Pros

Sometimes not very busy

Cons

Sometimes over loaded

Environnement productif, possibilité daller plus loin avec eux

J’ai aimé mon expérience chez moores, les gens sont tres positifs et gentil, toujours pret a aider

Pros

Avantage sociaux, possibilité de grimper les echelons rapidement

Cons

Longues heures de travail

Good place to work, but not a good career.

Moore’s is very open & managed by some incredible people. Staff is usually very friendly & feels like family. Definitely a great place to work while in school (I worked here through high school & university). They are very good with communication, working with your availability & making sure hours are fair. They are always looking for young motivated workers... so if that’s you... it’s easy to move up in the community as long as you are driven, focused & communicate with those above you. I would not suggest working here as a career though because pay isn’t the greatest & it’s hard to get a raise.

Pros

Great management & communication

Cons

Hard to get increase in pay

Sucks to work here! Underpaid

The pay sucks! Waste of time and energy!! Overwork employees and don’t appreciate hard workers. Hardly get breaks Because always understaffed. Long work hours and no time to rest. Mangers have it easy there because they use the employees under them to do all the work. Horrible place to work!

The Best Company!

They really care about their employees. They will make sure that you can still comeback after a long furlough during this pandemic.The store itself is a pretty chill environment, collegues re relly nice and helpful. You may meet some rude customers but not everyday so if you want to work here you hve to make sure that you can handle those kind of people.You will learn everything if you work here. I love this company!

Pros

Upper management always listen. bonuses when you meet the sales. Fun coworkers to work with.

Bad Culture and Bad leaders

This is a minimum paying job where you are expected to go above and beyond for customers and do more than required. I was lucky as I had a good store and manager. This is a great place for entry level job but would not recommend staying here for the long haul.

Pros

If lucky, good co-workers in store

Cons

Bad company with no career advancements

friendly environment

It was a friendly workplace. I was a tailor there, I learned about other cultures, sewing and fitting clothes, and so many other things. Everybody respects each other. I like to work there.

Pros

Friendly environment, and some times we had free lunch

Cons

Sometimes there was too much work, but in total we were okay.

Terrible management

Moore’s clothing for man warehouse at Cambridge has the most bad unprofessional management /all of the management in the office have their family working there and the only thing they care about is their family members .

Parfait

J’étais associée aux ventes et c’était ma job étudiante. C’était vraiment la job parfaite pour une étudiante comme moi, les horaires étaient flexible et mes patrons compréhensifs. L’équipe était le fun et j’avais envie d’aller travailler! Les clients sont aussi gentils et les journées passent vite!

Good staff and management ...

My manager is good and all staff good...All people are working in team.I worked in GOH department...GOH picking and put away is easy...Working experience is good in Moores company....

Pros

Sometimes they arrange party...

Cons

Sometimes we worked extra hours

Productive and Fun Workplace

During my time, I have developed marketing skills and my manager has helped me learn more about the software Moore's uses. Moreover, I was an assistant in the Suit Rental section and I have enjoyed working as a team to grow monthly sales.

Pros

Free Lunches, Friendly Workplace

It good place to work

I am working for Moores around 20 years and it seems to be fair for everybody . If you are interested in a fast pase job it is not bad idea to try it on .if you have a fasion side of your life and you want to know about you knowledge go for it .They have a very good training for this purpose .

Might be for you, definitely wasn’t for me

I hated this job. Like a lot of minimum waged jobs, you will be taken advantage of and not treated as well as you should be, by both customers and your superiors. No room for advancement. I was given a 20 cent an hour raise about 6 months into working there, and my workload almost doubled and I was micromanaged throughout my shifts. Worst thing I’d have to say though about this job is that your hours don’t mean anything. You’re scheduled until close? Expect to be there at least an hour longer just waiting for your manager to finish up because apparently you can’t leave until they do. You’re finally scheduled before close? Sorry, you need to stay longer because we’re too disorganized. My coworkers were all pretty kind and fun to work with though, but it didn’t make up for the poor work environment and management.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no room to grow, poor management

You meet interesting people

If placed in a good store with great management, working there will be great! It also gives you the opportunity to learn and to grow your leadership skills if you decide to move up in the company

Great place to work but...

Great place to work. Great culture, fair pay and great support. But...now that I’m managing a high volume store there’s little opportunity for promotion/advancement and achieving my income goals.

Nice but salary is too low

The team is always nice, very good people and the majority of managers at stores are great. The salary is too low if you are going to a managerial position.

C est bien mais pas.payant

Je ai aime travailler làais.les.salaires.sont très.bas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moores Clothing for Men. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement