Moores Clothing for Men Employee Reviews

Great retail environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON4 July 2018
If you're going to work retail this is the place to work! Not very many retail environments still work on commission, as long as you are good with customers, selling behaviors and building relationships this will be fun for you!
Pros
Freedom to manage your paycheque
Enjoyable Staff and Great Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 July 2018
Really enjoyed working here. Everyone was great and the management was wonderful. Great place to learn more about men's clothing. Really enjoyed that the environment wasn't very competitive and was very relaxed but we still got the job done.
Pros
Great co-workers and relaxed sales
Cons
Long hours on your feet and not the best salary
Productive and fun Working place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 July 2018
I enjoy working here so much. Work is not hard at all. All you need to do is a good presentation of yourself and the products the customers willing to buy.
Great place to learn
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2018
I found Moores offers a great culture and is really good for sales training. I had a lot of fun here for a number of years and don't regret my time with this wonderful company.
Going to Bridal Shows
Sales Associate / Tuxedo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 June 2018
I really enjoyed going to Bridal Shows. Working with Brides an Grooms to help create the perfect look for their wedding was an incredible experience.
Pros
Bridal Shows
Cons
Weekends
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC5 May 2018
Moores clothing for men is a nice place to work, the managers are very good and hard working people. they are always ready to help and teach you grow not only in the shop but also outside the work place.
Amazing experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 April 2018
Everyone at Moore's Clothing for Men really took pride jobs. They all shared and spoke proudly of their knowledge of products and customer service. It made all new employees want to do the same. It was a fun atmosphere, there are plenty of reasons to need a suit and we got to men feel their best.
Bad place to work
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2018
Company will do anything to cut corners and save money. Management doesn't value its employees the way that they should. Due to it's commission based pay system the employees are only interested in helping themselves, even at the cost of their coworkers.
Educational place tu work
Sales Associate, Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2018
At Moores I started as a Sales Associate, helping wardrobe consultants in their consults and sales, facilitating their services so that customers can get the best possible treatment. After a month my Managers saw my capacity in putting together coordinating outfits and my skills when interacting with customers. I was promoted to the position of wardrobe consultant. This tripled my responsibilities inside the company, as I was to establish a lasting relationship with my clients and offer them the best fit and quality clothing conceivable.
Pros
great opportunity to learn, connect and make a lot of money
Cons
hard to balance with other activities
Great culture
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 March 2018
The co-workers at Moores Clothing make for a great work experience and make the employee retention rates very high. Ultimately a great job, however retail none the less and not my personal preference for a career.
Pros
free coffee from time to time and great work culture
Cons
long and inconsistent retail hours
Très bonne place pour une carrière ou emploi étudiant
Vendeur (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC22 March 2018
Tout le monde est super, gérants et supperviseurs très a l'écoute. Bon avantages: rabais employé, congés, assurances
Amazing place too work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 March 2018
Typical day at work is either selling men suits or renting suits too a wedding party. Weddings and grads are a BIG deal, because in the busy seasons that's your biggest clientele. I've learned a lot, especially on how too work with men. Management is great there. Hardest part of the job is definitely keeping up with the flow in the busy seasons and making sure you catch on quickly too the selling structures of the job. The best part of the job is the people that work there, everyone is easy going and they make it a great place too work.
Moore's Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2018
I was an Assistant Manager of the highest volume store in Canada. The policies are great. Flexible hours, unfortunately there was allot of politics involved. You are certainly recognized for your performance and ability to lead will get you into a management position if you are interested. But past that there's is a long waiting list of top heavy positions you have to wade through in order to eventually have your own store. I don't recommend this to be a career. The grass is always greener on the other side. Unless working in retail is your absolute passion in life. I decided to pursue other ventures.
Pros
Good Opportunity, great commision
Cons
Poor management, too much politics involved at higher level positions.
Supportive and encouraging environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 January 2018
Being a sales associate at Moores designates that you should be organized, sociable, and helpful. It is important to consistently address clients needs and assist them with whatever they desire. The workplace culture is diverse and inclusive. Every individual is appreciated and respected.
Terrible experiance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2018
There was a case were a co-worker of mine was not getting the correct amount of payment/wage that was due to her. The location i worked for wasn't as nearly busy as the rest resulting in failure to meet sale goals and deadlines.
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2018
This company will take care of those who work hard and are invested in thier own growth and development. The hours can be long at certain high times. But if you make the most of it you can be very successful.
Pros
Great discounts
review.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
Scheduling is flexible- benefits are good. A little more training on sales techniques would be good. Bonus structure needs to be a bit better. Job is either 9 to 5 or 1 to 9.
Pros
benefits, flexible
Cons
pay
Fun environment to work. Challenging.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 December 2017
Great work environment. Team central. Allows for a lot of creativity. Hours are pretty flexible when necessary. Training provided. Room for growth within company.
good place to work
Formalwear Consultant/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON17 December 2017
good place to work for a sales associate position but there is no job security and it is stressful because SA's have to do everything, there is no specific job that we are responsible for
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
stressful
Easy going and pleasant
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 November 2017
Great place to work co workers and management were welcoming and nice to work with. Nicely structured with employee benefits and incentives to work towards. A great learning experience.
Benefits
Cons
Commision work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moores Clothing for Men. Our community is ready to answer.