Moores Clothing for Men

Moores Clothing for Men Employee Reviews

Canada225 reviews
Great place to work but...
Great place to work. Great culture, fair pay and great support. But...now that I’m managing a high volume store there’s little opportunity for promotion/advancement and achieving my income goals.
Nice but salary is too low
The team is always nice, very good people and the majority of managers at stores are great. The salary is too low if you are going to a managerial position.
C est bien mais pas.payant
Je ai aime travailler làais.les.salaires.sont très.bas
Productive and fun place to work
Great work culture
Supportive team members

Fun at work

Collaborative team efforts

Great training programs to enhance the skills and competencies of employees
great atmosphere
being there was excellent, learned new things about mens clothing. meeting and communicating with all kinds of people...

truly a remarkable experience
My main store management sucked
I worked at a couple different Moores locations - my main store’s management was extremely corrupt. My secondary store was fantastic - would have stayed with the company if I could have gotten a permanent position at my secondary store
Amators staff
The management team hires mostly some 15 to 17 years old staff. The professionalism is at its lowest level.

You are a perfect fit if you privilege a vertical management over an horizontal which they pretend to be.

Management has no structure, no organization, nore any discipline.
environnement de travail productif et demande de l'entregeant
j'ai eu plusieurs tâches de travail dont le service de chaque client rentrant au magasin(un atout),la présentation et la reconnaissance des produits et services offerts,appels de clients tel qu'un suivi,promotion ou offres spécials,
Great environment to work
I enjoyed my time at Moores. Working there helped me with my communication skills. The work place environment was relaxed and easy going. What I enjoyed most at Moores was meeting and interacting with new people.
Not worth all the hours and little pay
Working 6 days a week mostly, but never give over time. They say you have the potential to make a certain amount but doesn't even come close. You end up getting more responsibility and not recognized for it.
Great first job
Greeting customers and assisting sales staff in sales, preparing/receiving shipments, cashier duties, store clean up, tuxedo rental management, customer service. Very flexible with schedule, effective training program, competent management. Hardest part of job was tuxedo consultation (group fittings, proper measurements, inputting orders, cancelling/changing orders, reordering improperly measured rentals) as well as properly folding dress shirts. Best part of the job getting paid to wear a suit everyday and learning how to dress properly. All my other coworkers were extremely helpful in teaching/assisting me if I didn't know how to do something. Each sales staff work off their own commissions but it is still a very collaborative work environment. Gets quite busy end of april (grad season) and through the summer for wedding season. I couldn't have asked for a better first job.
Fun and Satisfactory Work Environment
I've thoroughly enjoyed my time spent at Moores. I've learned a lot in management and as being an employee. It can be fast-paced and fun, and there are also the slow days as well.
Pros
Fun coworkers, staff appreciation, satisfactory wages, clean, staff discount
Cons
Random shifts, unreliable hours, pay structure, upper management movement
emploi varié et stimulant
l'entreprise est dynamique, toujours a l'affut des nouveautés.
Great place to learn!
Its a Busy day everyday.
There is lots to learn.

I have a great manager.

The work culture is great.

The job give excellent balance between work and family life balance!
Salaire de crève-faim
Un salaire qui nous maintien tout juste les narines hors de l'eau. Et une compagnie qui se soucie plus de ses actionnaires que de ses employés.
Productive and fun work environment
Moores is a very productive work environment everything is always handled in the upmost caring and professional way possible, and day in Moores during prom/wedding season would be pretty fast pace and there are deadlines for things, but any other day its pretty laid back for the most part but what an amazing staff they had and i learnt a lot while working there.
Good, not great
As far as jobs go, it’s not terrible, especially if you’re young and don’t have a ton of experience. The pay is not equal to the amount of work you put it, but other benefits of the job are what kept me working there for so long. The hours are reasonable, the benefits are good, and the discount is good as well. The management really varies from store to store, so you might get lucky and have an awesome manager, but you can also easily end up with a monster for a manager.
Pros
Good hours, flexible, good benefits
Cons
Extremes in busy season and slow seasons, poor management, low pay
A company of gossip queens
Started and stayed with the company for a year to give them the benefit of the doubt. Work life balance is almost zero with very little commission to be had. Always deals and coupons from head office to cut even more money off your pay. Sharks are everywhere and won't hesitate to poach your sales.

Had a manager who enjoyed gossiping with the other managers on an open sales floor about employees. Had one disagreement and she called the DM and spun all sorts of falsehoods. She frequently lost her temper on customers which embarrassed the store. The DM basically intimited us to not call HR because he didn't want them to get involved.
Sad they did nothing when another employee sexually assaulted me...
Im an open, easy going employee who usually works 4h shifts... nothing too excited about... An employee from another location came to my house. He wasn't very polite and literally asked me to do something "I DOUBT ANYONE WOULD". when i spoke to the main head office about this, the matter wasn't taken under SERIOUS light and the matter was closed without any action taken.
A realtively stable work environment with many associates with long tenure
In general a good place to work although the parent company is struggling with several attempts to turn business around in an already difficult fashion related retail environment.
Get place to cut your teeth in sales
managed and trained many sales people. Had a great repeat customer base. Really learned a lot about sales and communication at Moores. Great place to force bonds and personal relationships
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moores Clothing for Men. Our community is ready to answer.