Moores Clothing for Men Employee Reviews

Seemed like a good job at the time
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2018
I was getting paid $14 to be the only non-commissioned manager in the store, it involved alot of evening and weekend work.

The big perk salary wise was the store bonuses if the retail hit either is good or excellent budget for the month. The operations manager (now tuxedo manager) was responsible for the rental part of the store, Managers put emphasis on the retail over rental, at all levels so you were constantly being pulled away from the job you are hired to do and what the other Manager's want you to do to assist the retail side.

This is not a unique experience, I spoke with other Operations managers from Nanaimo to Quebec who all said exactly the same thing.
Pros
You get to say you were a manager
Cons
inadequate pay, thankless job, and your manager will not give you the time to do it.
not exciting
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2018
It was an okay place to work if retail and clothes are what youre interested in but lots of it was just cleaning up messes and restocking/rearranging clothes
Best place I've ever worked
Senior Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 August 2018
I spent over 10 years working for Moores, and I must say that the money you make there can be enough to live on. If you are honest with your clients, they will always keep coming back. The staff I worked with were like my family. They still are.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Fun place to work, learned a lot of new customer service skills
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2018
Moore's was a fun place to work. Daily customer interactions helped develop customer service and communication skills. Daily challenges to meet departmental goals were also enjoyable
Pros
Flexible work schedule, interating with new people
Cons
Pay rate
Fun opportunity for younger people going through University or College
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 August 2018
I was the manager.

CON'S first...

IF you can sell over $15,000 per week in clothing you will make it ok. If you are under this amount you will find it difficult to make a decent living without going pay cheque to pay cheque.

If you are a fan of the television show - Big Brother then you will LOVE the political game at this company. You can climb the corporate ladder quickly if you find yourself in the right clique.

PRO'S second

Lots of room for growth and advancement. Great opportunity for somebody in College or University. Sometimes the Store Manager will provide coffee/donuts, lunches, dinners. They have in-house training for wardrobe consultant and sales associates.

The employee discount used to be 65% off merchandise. Now it is lowered to 55% off and sometimes the sale promotions are a better deal than the employee discount.
Student Benefit
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 August 2018
Great place to work while you're a student to support yourself also provides a great work life balance to help accommodate your student needs. Work environment is wonderful, hire a balance of young and old people to give a great atmosphere for the clientele.
Great retail environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON4 July 2018
If you're going to work retail this is the place to work! Not very many retail environments still work on commission, as long as you are good with customers, selling behaviors and building relationships this will be fun for you!
Pros
Freedom to manage your paycheque
Enjoyable Staff and Great Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 July 2018
Really enjoyed working here. Everyone was great and the management was wonderful. Great place to learn more about men's clothing. Really enjoyed that the environment wasn't very competitive and was very relaxed but we still got the job done.
Pros
Great co-workers and relaxed sales
Cons
Long hours on your feet and not the best salary
Productive and fun Working place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 July 2018
I enjoy working here so much. Work is not hard at all. All you need to do is a good presentation of yourself and the products the customers willing to buy.
Great place to learn
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2018
I found Moores offers a great culture and is really good for sales training. I had a lot of fun here for a number of years and don't regret my time with this wonderful company.
Going to Bridal Shows
Sales Associate / Tuxedo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 June 2018
I really enjoyed going to Bridal Shows. Working with Brides an Grooms to help create the perfect look for their wedding was an incredible experience.
Pros
Bridal Shows
Cons
Weekends
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC5 May 2018
Moores clothing for men is a nice place to work, the managers are very good and hard working people. they are always ready to help and teach you grow not only in the shop but also outside the work place.
Amazing experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 April 2018
Everyone at Moore's Clothing for Men really took pride jobs. They all shared and spoke proudly of their knowledge of products and customer service. It made all new employees want to do the same. It was a fun atmosphere, there are plenty of reasons to need a suit and we got to men feel their best.
Bad place to work
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2018
Company will do anything to cut corners and save money. Management doesn't value its employees the way that they should. Due to it's commission based pay system the employees are only interested in helping themselves, even at the cost of their coworkers.
Educational place tu work
Sales Associate, Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2018
At Moores I started as a Sales Associate, helping wardrobe consultants in their consults and sales, facilitating their services so that customers can get the best possible treatment. After a month my Managers saw my capacity in putting together coordinating outfits and my skills when interacting with customers. I was promoted to the position of wardrobe consultant. This tripled my responsibilities inside the company, as I was to establish a lasting relationship with my clients and offer them the best fit and quality clothing conceivable.
Pros
great opportunity to learn, connect and make a lot of money
Cons
hard to balance with other activities
Great culture
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 March 2018
The co-workers at Moores Clothing make for a great work experience and make the employee retention rates very high. Ultimately a great job, however retail none the less and not my personal preference for a career.
Pros
free coffee from time to time and great work culture
Cons
long and inconsistent retail hours
Très bonne place pour une carrière ou emploi étudiant
Vendeur (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC22 March 2018
Tout le monde est super, gérants et supperviseurs très a l'écoute. Bon avantages: rabais employé, congés, assurances
Amazing place too work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 March 2018
Typical day at work is either selling men suits or renting suits too a wedding party. Weddings and grads are a BIG deal, because in the busy seasons that's your biggest clientele. I've learned a lot, especially on how too work with men. Management is great there. Hardest part of the job is definitely keeping up with the flow in the busy seasons and making sure you catch on quickly too the selling structures of the job. The best part of the job is the people that work there, everyone is easy going and they make it a great place too work.
Moore's Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2018
I was an Assistant Manager of the highest volume store in Canada. The policies are great. Flexible hours, unfortunately there was allot of politics involved. You are certainly recognized for your performance and ability to lead will get you into a management position if you are interested. But past that there's is a long waiting list of top heavy positions you have to wade through in order to eventually have your own store. I don't recommend this to be a career. The grass is always greener on the other side. Unless working in retail is your absolute passion in life. I decided to pursue other ventures.
Pros
Good Opportunity, great commision
Cons
Poor management, too much politics involved at higher level positions.
Supportive and encouraging environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 January 2018
Being a sales associate at Moores designates that you should be organized, sociable, and helpful. It is important to consistently address clients needs and assist them with whatever they desire. The workplace culture is diverse and inclusive. Every individual is appreciated and respected.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moores Clothing for Men. Our community is ready to answer.