Moores Clothing for Men Employee Reviews

I love this job
Store associate (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON5 January 2019
This company is one of the best companies ever for many reasons. They have well trained managers and stuff support as well as they treat everyone equally and also they are respectful people.
unprofessional and unreliable manager
FORMALWEAR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 December 2018
manager often was extremely unprofessional with staff. he often missed shifts and he was often abusive to staff. manager harassed me because I had no choice but to report him after he repeatedly missed shifts but clocked in as if was there leaving us short staffed.
Pros
fun clientele, interesting job
Cons
had to work almost every sunday and lots of evenings, was impossible to get any time off
Good opportunity to learn sales
Wardrobe Consultant, St. John's (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 December 2018
Working at Moore's is something I enjoy very much but the salary and benefits are not enough to live off. Having worked there for three years I have learned and now understand the importance of offering good customer service to each and every customer.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB1 December 2018
I worked at the location in new brunswick, Saint john. I worked one shift once and a while for them for releif when prom season was going on. It is a great place to start to gain expierence on sales. They teach you all the aspects of selling a product and can really teach you how to interact with people a certain way.
Pros
55% of and retail price
Cons
Good experience and great discount
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON28 November 2018
My coworkers are the best part of the job, including and especially my managers. They're encouraging, challenging, and genuinely awesome people. I wanted to apply to Moore's because of the amazing experience I had as a customer; as an employee, I can say that the culture does not change once you are on the inside (the store, anyway. Can't vouch for management life).

It's a great job, if you are a student: flexible hours, good sales experience, and great discounts to update your wardrobe. Stay long enough, and you get to earn commission. Coming into the company after finishing university and without past sales experience, it's not quite as nice. It's tough to wait until you can be promoted to WC while earning minimum wage without full time hours. Extra hours will be needed elsewhere. That said, hard work and an eagerness to learn gets noticed.

All in all, it's a great place to work. You'll learn how to sell, learn how to dress better, and meet great people.
Pros
Nice discount, awesome co-workers
Cons
Wanting to buy all the things, but not having the money.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2018
great place to work in with lots of fun employees to be around. everyday is new and everyday is filled with challenges that put your skills to the test.
fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC20 October 2018
in this job you discover the man's world I honestly loved working there I got to learn how to dress a man colours and different styles fun management fun staff very good experience
Pros
60 percent staff discount
Sales associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB19 October 2018
Fast paste environment with a great group of people. Working for Moore's was an excellent decision, I enjoyed both the quality of work as well as the people working around me.
Sales environment with fun social dynamic
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2018
Moores is a fun atmosphere with fun people to work with. You will have a hands on customer interaction experience to work with that will prepare you for a more invested type of clientele-ing.
Seemed like a good job at the time
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2018
I was getting paid $14 to be the only non-commissioned manager in the store, it involved alot of evening and weekend work.

The big perk salary wise was the store bonuses if the retail hit either is good or excellent budget for the month. The operations manager (now tuxedo manager) was responsible for the rental part of the store, Managers put emphasis on the retail over rental, at all levels so you were constantly being pulled away from the job you are hired to do and what the other Manager's want you to do to assist the retail side.

This is not a unique experience, I spoke with other Operations managers from Nanaimo to Quebec who all said exactly the same thing.
Pros
You get to say you were a manager
Cons
inadequate pay, thankless job, and your manager will not give you the time to do it.
not exciting
Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 September 2018
It was an okay place to work if retail and clothes are what youre interested in but lots of it was just cleaning up messes and restocking/rearranging clothes
Best place I've ever worked
Senior Wardrobe Consultant (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 August 2018
I spent over 10 years working for Moores, and I must say that the money you make there can be enough to live on. If you are honest with your clients, they will always keep coming back. The staff I worked with were like my family. They still are.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Fun place to work, learned a lot of new customer service skills
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 August 2018
Moore's was a fun place to work. Daily customer interactions helped develop customer service and communication skills. Daily challenges to meet departmental goals were also enjoyable
Pros
Flexible work schedule, interating with new people
Cons
Pay rate
Fun opportunity for younger people going through University or College
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 August 2018
I was the manager.

CON'S first...

IF you can sell over $15,000 per week in clothing you will make it ok. If you are under this amount you will find it difficult to make a decent living without going pay cheque to pay cheque.

If you are a fan of the television show - Big Brother then you will LOVE the political game at this company. You can climb the corporate ladder quickly if you find yourself in the right clique.

PRO'S second

Lots of room for growth and advancement. Great opportunity for somebody in College or University. Sometimes the Store Manager will provide coffee/donuts, lunches, dinners. They have in-house training for wardrobe consultant and sales associates.

The employee discount used to be 65% off merchandise. Now it is lowered to 55% off and sometimes the sale promotions are a better deal than the employee discount.
Student Benefit
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON6 August 2018
Great place to work while you're a student to support yourself also provides a great work life balance to help accommodate your student needs. Work environment is wonderful, hire a balance of young and old people to give a great atmosphere for the clientele.
Great retail environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON4 July 2018
If you're going to work retail this is the place to work! Not very many retail environments still work on commission, as long as you are good with customers, selling behaviors and building relationships this will be fun for you!
Pros
Freedom to manage your paycheque
Enjoyable Staff and Great Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 July 2018
Really enjoyed working here. Everyone was great and the management was wonderful. Great place to learn more about men's clothing. Really enjoyed that the environment wasn't very competitive and was very relaxed but we still got the job done.
Pros
Great co-workers and relaxed sales
Cons
Long hours on your feet and not the best salary
Productive and fun Working place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 July 2018
I enjoy working here so much. Work is not hard at all. All you need to do is a good presentation of yourself and the products the customers willing to buy.
Great place to learn
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2018
I found Moores offers a great culture and is really good for sales training. I had a lot of fun here for a number of years and don't regret my time with this wonderful company.
Going to Bridal Shows
Sales Associate / Tuxedo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 June 2018
I really enjoyed going to Bridal Shows. Working with Brides an Grooms to help create the perfect look for their wedding was an incredible experience.
Pros
Bridal Shows
Cons
Weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moores Clothing for Men. Our community is ready to answer.