Moores Clothing for Men Employee Reviews

Amazing experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 April 2018
Everyone at Moore's Clothing for Men really took pride jobs. They all shared and spoke proudly of their knowledge of products and customer service. It made all new employees want to do the same. It was a fun atmosphere, there are plenty of reasons to need a suit and we got to men feel their best.
Bad place to work
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 April 2018
Company will do anything to cut corners and save money. Management doesn't value its employees the way that they should. Due to it's commission based pay system the employees are only interested in helping themselves, even at the cost of their coworkers.
Great culture
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 March 2018
The co-workers at Moores Clothing make for a great work experience and make the employee retention rates very high. Ultimately a great job, however retail none the less and not my personal preference for a career.
Pros
free coffee from time to time and great work culture
Cons
long and inconsistent retail hours
Très bonne place pour une carrière ou emploi étudiant
Vendeur (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC22 March 2018
Tout le monde est super, gérants et supperviseurs très a l'écoute. Bon avantages: rabais employé, congés, assurances
Amazing place too work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 March 2018
Typical day at work is either selling men suits or renting suits too a wedding party. Weddings and grads are a BIG deal, because in the busy seasons that's your biggest clientele. I've learned a lot, especially on how too work with men. Management is great there. Hardest part of the job is definitely keeping up with the flow in the busy seasons and making sure you catch on quickly too the selling structures of the job. The best part of the job is the people that work there, everyone is easy going and they make it a great place too work.
Moore's Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2018
I was an Assistant Manager of the highest volume store in Canada. The policies are great. Flexible hours, unfortunately there was allot of politics involved. You are certainly recognized for your performance and ability to lead will get you into a management position if you are interested. But past that there's is a long waiting list of top heavy positions you have to wade through in order to eventually have your own store. I don't recommend this to be a career. The grass is always greener on the other side. Unless working in retail is your absolute passion in life. I decided to pursue other ventures.
Pros
Good Opportunity, great commision
Cons
Poor management, too much politics involved at higher level positions.
Supportive and encouraging environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 January 2018
Being a sales associate at Moores designates that you should be organized, sociable, and helpful. It is important to consistently address clients needs and assist them with whatever they desire. The workplace culture is diverse and inclusive. Every individual is appreciated and respected.
Terrible experiance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2018
There was a case were a co-worker of mine was not getting the correct amount of payment/wage that was due to her. The location i worked for wasn't as nearly busy as the rest resulting in failure to meet sale goals and deadlines.
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2018
This company will take care of those who work hard and are invested in thier own growth and development. The hours can be long at certain high times. But if you make the most of it you can be very successful.
Pros
Great discounts
review.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2018
Scheduling is flexible- benefits are good. A little more training on sales techniques would be good. Bonus structure needs to be a bit better. Job is either 9 to 5 or 1 to 9.
Pros
benefits, flexible
Cons
pay

Want to know more about Moores Clothing for Men?

Ask a question
Fun environment to work. Challenging.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 December 2017
Great work environment. Team central. Allows for a lot of creativity. Hours are pretty flexible when necessary. Training provided. Room for growth within company.
Easy going and pleasant
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 November 2017
Great place to work co workers and management were welcoming and nice to work with. Nicely structured with employee benefits and incentives to work towards. A great learning experience.
Benefits
Cons
Commision work
Wonderful place to work, meet many friends and mostly wonderful coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON13 November 2017
Very easy and quick to understand, was very lucky to work with a wonderful easy going staff. This job really helped me come out of my shell and made me more confident in speaking to others.
Productive work enviorment
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
I enjoy working at Moore's; the hours are pretty good. I like that I can be competitive with commission based sales. I have learned a lot about being a sales person and the selling world. This will help me with any customer related job I may have in the future.
Moore's is a great beginner sales job.
Pros
Good Lunches
Cons
Management can sometimes be bad.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
Fun place to work, good deal for weddings, cant say enough good things about it. excellent management. workplace is fun. great place to work great overall
Friendly staff but Manager is disrespectful
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 September 2017
I love my coworkers, but the manager in charge has no respect for their staff. Instead of using mistakes as learning opportunity they use it is as a way to humiliate their staff
Enjoyable and exciting workplace
Wardrobe Consultant/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 September 2017
I learned most of my Customer Service Skills through this workplace and am glad that i got the opportunity to do so, in a friendly yet professional atmosphere!
workplace environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 September 2017
Moores is a great place to work. Every day there is something new to learn and I always look forward to my next shift. I have worked there for 5 years and not once have I experienced a hostile work environment.
Coworkers are great, Corporate micromanages
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON13 September 2017
The coworkers, at least at my store, were great and fun people to work with. Even the managers would joke around and have fun, which was great, however when corporate would come in they would regularly micromanage things in store.
Pros
Great coworkers and managers
Cons
Corporate micromanages
I in Team
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 September 2017
Working for Moores has been a wonderful opportunity. I have learned a lot from them that I will take away from for my future employments. The team they have set up there is the nicest people you will ever meet. The only downfall was it was about you and your sales instead of the overall employees. Besides that, I loved working for Moores clothing for men and appreciate what they do for people.