Moore Packaging

Moore Packaging Culture reviews

Canada20 reviews

Clear

Not worth it

Poor ethics period. Top management has a cheater mentality. At one point in time I think it was a nice family owned business, but somehow it's become jaded over time. There is no accountability to fix problems, only blaming middle managers with no empowerment to enhance the company. The future of Moore Packaging? Unstable. Lacks direction and good leadership.

Pros

Flexibility and competitive.

Cons

Overly saturated industry with eroded margins.

Creative and Collaborative Workplace

I interned at Moore Packaging for about four months. It was an amazing experience and I learned a lot. Everyone was so welcoming, helpful, and friendly. I never had a bad day working there.

Insights into Moore Packaging

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great place to learn new skills

Work with customers and sales reps to create packaging to meet customers needs. Learned a lot about corrugate. Manager's oversee way too many people and departments and as a result may not know how to assist you if you require assistance. However they're trying to modernize themselves, but still stuck in an old school mentality on how to work with employees. the company would rather throw people at the problem, rather than finding ways to be efficient by providing proper training. This is a result of high turnovers and lack of exit interviews to determine the companies strength and weaknesses. Zero workplace culture. Show up, do your 8 hours, go home. No sense of teamwork, belonging or leadership. Many people on edge due to the stress and lack of teamwork and communication which reflect poorly on leadership. The hardest part of the job is how stressful it can be due to demand of sales reps, customers and other employees. Management knows about it. Managers rather blame employees rather than find the root of a problem and provide training. It's typical to find your co-workers in tears. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your customers and sales reps to find ways to made a difference with your customers products.

Pros

pay is okay, hour long lunches

Cons

Poor leadership, highly stressful, lack of direction

Don't bother.

At first glance this company appears to have it's act together. Aptitude test, prompt interview and extensive safety training. What it doesn't do is prepare you for the atmosphere on the plant floor. As far as unions go, this is the worst example i've come across. Toxic. Keep in mind this is a box factory; nobody is saving lives or solving world peace. People here treat their employee numbers like a rank to be saluted. You'll be under the microscope for your 6 month probation, fair enough. But it's not just management you have to justify your existence to. 1/10 plant workers here are tolerable, 1/20 is even pleasant. I feel badly for temp workers from the agency who are treated with casual disdain. The work itself isn't bad. On a slow day, you'll be sweeping the floor for 8 hours. On a busy day, you're feeding Ace Bakery boxes at speed for 8 hours. The environment itself isn't terrible either. Noisy, hot, dusty but you get used to it. If you love social politics and feel like ingratiating yourself to some of the most ignorant people in Ontario, this is the place for you. Otherwise, don't bother.

Pros

Predictable Schedule

Cons

Workers, HR dept.

Over all a good place to work.

Very good company to work for . Some management not very people friendly. I learned to manage and organize my work day to maximize production . My fellow employees were easy to get along with and I still have a few good friends there. The hardest part of my job was dealing with 2 or 3 of the management team .The best part of my work day there was running the company social committee .

Pros

Good wages and fellow employees

Cons

Poor people skills from some managers

This was a very fun work place full of inspiring people.

The people I worked with had great personalities and were very helpful. When work was slow I was able to design my own creations witch was a really cool opportunity to have. There was a dragon boat team associated with Moore Packaging and I had the honor to participate on the team and it was a great experience.

Pros

hour lunch

Cons

no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moore Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement