Moore Packaging
Happiness score is 32 out of 100

Moore Packaging Employee Reviews in Barrie, ON

Barrie, ON20 reviews

peoplecompanyjobgoodmanagementdaypayemployee

mind boggling management, awful culture

Typical factory work, pays good, most positions not too physically demanding. Very hot in the summer. Miserable attitude from supervisors and management, fine for the first 6 months or until you start knowing the ins and outs. Don't know anyone that is happy about being there. Good luck

I worked at Moore packaging for a month via staffing agency.

agency. At the end of week one they send me and urgent email about termination of assignment for no reason, on Sunday, my only free day during the week. I asked the reason they said it was a misunderstanding. After a month they did it again and some of the staff were mean to me for no reason.

Insights into Moore Packaging

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Great staff. Old machinery.

The company is good but their machinery is kinda old. The staff is great and there's room for growing if you're dedicated.Safety is always a must there, so follow the rules.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Will wait till your probation ends to terminate employment, dont waste your time.

This was quite honestly the most demeaning job I have ever worked. Management expect far too much out of you, such as constant overtime. If you are unwilling to work overtime, you will not be hired.This company has extremely high turnover as they tend to let people go within the 6 months. You are only given a 10 and 20 minute break they are legally required to pay for, they try to frame it as paid breaks when in reality it's something that's legally required.Extremely unorganized and poor management. Rude, unsupportive management that has very little regard for employees time or health. Numerous covid outbreaks, we work together at very close distance. Do not apply to this job unless you're looking for temporary employment, not worth the pay, and not worth destroying your body. The people who work there are extremely miserable, they intentionally keep people who will tell you the truth about the company away from new employees.

Pros

Co workers

Cons

Forced overtime with very little notice

Just BS

Worst place I have ever worked, and the job itself wasn't bad, its the people. They are miserable and rude all the time. They will say one thing to your face and then turn around and say something completely opposite to others.

Pros

Cons

The people

Creative and Collaborative Workplace

I interned at Moore Packaging for about four months. It was an amazing experience and I learned a lot. Everyone was so welcoming, helpful, and friendly. I never had a bad day working there.

Keep looking!

No support, sink or swim attitude. Family owned business that invites inhouse fighting, lack of leadership. If you are looking a quick pit stop this is the place. Same people supported, extremely hard for new employees to break through

Cons

The job pays decently for the work and the benefits are pretty decent

There was high turnover particularly on the midnight shift because the supervisor is a real power tripper and full of himself although everyone sees him as incompetent.

Pros

Benefits are good

Cons

Disorganization, lack of leadership, poor morale

Not worth it

Poor ethics period. Top management has a cheater mentality. At one point in time I think it was a nice family owned business, but somehow it's become jaded over time. There is no accountability to fix problems, only blaming middle managers with no empowerment to enhance the company. The future of Moore Packaging? Unstable. Lacks direction and good leadership.

Pros

Flexibility and competitive.

Cons

Overly saturated industry with eroded margins.

Fast work past but the people are nice

Fun the people are nice there. but managment isn't always the best and at times they expect way more from you then they should simply because of the pay...

Pros

Good people

Cons

Under paid

Good pay, no job security

Upper management is out of touch with day-to-day needs of employees lives. Not worth investing your time into trying to make your mark. You will be fired for needing a couple mental health/physical health days off before your SIX MONTH probation is up.

Great place to learn new skills

Work with customers and sales reps to create packaging to meet customers needs. Learned a lot about corrugate. Manager's oversee way too many people and departments and as a result may not know how to assist you if you require assistance. However they're trying to modernize themselves, but still stuck in an old school mentality on how to work with employees. the company would rather throw people at the problem, rather than finding ways to be efficient by providing proper training. This is a result of high turnovers and lack of exit interviews to determine the companies strength and weaknesses. Zero workplace culture. Show up, do your 8 hours, go home. No sense of teamwork, belonging or leadership. Many people on edge due to the stress and lack of teamwork and communication which reflect poorly on leadership. The hardest part of the job is how stressful it can be due to demand of sales reps, customers and other employees. Management knows about it. Managers rather blame employees rather than find the root of a problem and provide training. It's typical to find your co-workers in tears. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your customers and sales reps to find ways to made a difference with your customers products.

Pros

pay is okay, hour long lunches

Cons

Poor leadership, highly stressful, lack of direction

Don't bother.

At first glance this company appears to have it's act together. Aptitude test, prompt interview and extensive safety training. What it doesn't do is prepare you for the atmosphere on the plant floor. As far as unions go, this is the worst example i've come across. Toxic. Keep in mind this is a box factory; nobody is saving lives or solving world peace. People here treat their employee numbers like a rank to be saluted. You'll be under the microscope for your 6 month probation, fair enough. But it's not just management you have to justify your existence to. 1/10 plant workers here are tolerable, 1/20 is even pleasant. I feel badly for temp workers from the agency who are treated with casual disdain. The work itself isn't bad. On a slow day, you'll be sweeping the floor for 8 hours. On a busy day, you're feeding Ace Bakery boxes at speed for 8 hours. The environment itself isn't terrible either. Noisy, hot, dusty but you get used to it. If you love social politics and feel like ingratiating yourself to some of the most ignorant people in Ontario, this is the place for you. Otherwise, don't bother.

Pros

Predictable Schedule

Cons

Workers, HR dept.

Radical hours, monotonous work

Good pay, didn't enjoy the work or the people i worked with. Was good factory work, had too many managers and didn't know who to contact. Hardest part of the job was lifting pieces of cardboard for 8 hours a day.

Its a steady place for work when production has it.

Just stuck in one job line of progression killed my seniority. Had a agreement on a situation of my health the hacked out on. But the company works real well with you personal stuff. Used to have a open door communications but office all lock up like fort Knox. It's a good place to work just keep your life to yourself and do your job without complaining

Pros

Union

Cons

No moral...it us vs them employee vs management

n/a

nothing exceptional to write about this job. it was manufacturing in a union environment. paid well but was never happy to go to work. dead end job. thanks

Over all a good place to work.

Very good company to work for . Some management not very people friendly. I learned to manage and organize my work day to maximize production . My fellow employees were easy to get along with and I still have a few good friends there. The hardest part of my job was dealing with 2 or 3 of the management team .The best part of my work day there was running the company social committee .

Pros

Good wages and fellow employees

Cons

Poor people skills from some managers

This was a very fun work place full of inspiring people.

The people I worked with had great personalities and were very helpful. When work was slow I was able to design my own creations witch was a really cool opportunity to have. There was a dragon boat team associated with Moore Packaging and I had the honor to participate on the team and it was a great experience.

Pros

hour lunch

Cons

no cons

safe eniroment, well pay and benifits

very well environment for safety and co-workers. well pay and benefits. if I dint move I believe I would still be employed here

Structural Designer

My day would consist mostly of the design and fabrication process of multiple samples. I had the opportunity to work with a CAD Table and other machinery. I mostly worked independently on my own projects for various companies. Organization was the key to success in this plant due to the sudden outburst of workloads. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to create side projects which were often for charity.

Pros

design freedom

Cons

low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moore Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement