Moore Packaging

Moore Packaging Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Fast work past but the people are nice
Fun the people are nice there. but managment isn't always the best and at times they expect way more from you then they should simply because of the pay...
Pros
Good people
Cons
Under paid
Good pay, no job security
Upper management is out of touch with day-to-day needs of employees lives. Not worth investing your time into trying to make your mark. You will be fired for needing a couple mental health/physical health days off before your SIX MONTH probation is up.
Great place to learn new skills
Work with customers and sales reps to create packaging to meet customers needs.

Learned a lot about corrugate.

Manager's oversee way too many people and departments and as a result may not know how to assist you if you require assistance. However they're trying to modernize themselves, but still stuck in an old school mentality on how to work with employees. the company would rather throw people at the problem, rather than finding ways to be efficient by providing proper training. This is a result of high turnovers and lack of exit interviews to determine the companies strength and weaknesses.

Zero workplace culture. Show up, do your 8 hours, go home. No sense of teamwork, belonging or leadership. Many people on edge due to the stress and lack of teamwork and communication which reflect poorly on leadership.

The hardest part of the job is how stressful it can be due to demand of sales reps, customers and other employees. Management knows about it. Managers rather blame employees rather than find the root of a problem and provide training. It's typical to find your co-workers in tears.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your customers and sales reps to find ways to made a difference with your customers products.
Pros
pay is okay, hour long lunches
Cons
Poor leadership, highly stressful, lack of direction
Don't bother.
At first glance this company appears to have it's act together. Aptitude test, prompt interview and extensive safety training. What it doesn't do is prepare you for the atmosphere on the plant floor.

As far as unions go, this is the worst example i've come across. Toxic. Keep in mind this is a box factory; nobody is saving lives or solving world peace. People here treat their employee numbers like a rank to be saluted.

You'll be under the microscope for your 6 month probation, fair enough. But it's not just management you have to justify your existence to. 1/10 plant workers here are tolerable, 1/20 is even pleasant. I feel badly for temp workers from the agency who are treated with casual disdain.

The work itself isn't bad. On a slow day, you'll be sweeping the floor for 8 hours. On a busy day, you're feeding Ace Bakery boxes at speed for 8 hours. The environment itself isn't terrible either. Noisy, hot, dusty but you get used to it.

If you love social politics and feel like ingratiating yourself to some of the most ignorant people in Ontario, this is the place for you. Otherwise, don't bother.
Pros
Predictable Schedule
Cons
Workers, HR dept.
Radical hours, monotonous work
Good pay, didn't enjoy the work or the people i worked with. Was good factory work, had too many managers and didn't know who to contact. Hardest part of the job was lifting pieces of cardboard for 8 hours a day.
Its a steady place for work when production has it.
Just stuck in one job line of progression killed my seniority.
Had a agreement on a situation of my health the hacked out on.

But the company works real well with you personal stuff.

Used to have a open door communications but office all lock up like fort Knox.

It's a good place to work just keep your life to yourself and do your job without complaining
Pros
Union
Cons
No moral...it us vs them employee vs management
n/a
nothing exceptional to write about this job. it was manufacturing in a union environment. paid well but was never happy to go to work. dead end job. thanks
Over all a good place to work.
Very good company to work for . Some management not very people friendly. I learned to manage and organize my work day to maximize production . My fellow employees were easy to get along with and I still have a few good friends there. The hardest part of my job was dealing with 2 or 3 of the management team .The best part of my work day there was running the company social committee .
Pros
Good wages and fellow employees
Cons
Poor people skills from some managers
This was a very fun work place full of inspiring people.
The people I worked with had great personalities and were very helpful. When work was slow I was able to design my own creations witch was a really cool opportunity to have. There was a dragon boat team associated with Moore Packaging and I had the honor to participate on the team and it was a great experience.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no cons
safe eniroment, well pay and benifits
very well environment for safety and co-workers. well pay and benefits. if I dint move I believe I would still be employed here
Structural Designer
My day would consist mostly of the design and fabrication process of multiple samples. I had the opportunity to work with a CAD Table and other machinery. I mostly worked independently on my own projects for various companies. Organization was the key to success in this plant due to the sudden outburst of workloads. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to create side projects which were often for charity.
Pros
design freedom
Cons
low salary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moore Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4