Moore Packaging Employee Reviews

Great place to learn new skills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 September 2018
Work with customers and sales reps to create packaging to meet customers needs.

Learned a lot about corrugate.

Manager's oversee way too many people and departments and as a result may not know how to assist you if you require assistance. However they're trying to modernize themselves, but still stuck in an old school mentality on how to work with employees. the company would rather throw people at the problem, rather than finding ways to be efficient by providing proper training. This is a result of high turnovers and lack of exit interviews to determine the companies strength and weaknesses.

Zero workplace culture. Show up, do your 8 hours, go home. No sense of teamwork, belonging or leadership. Many people on edge due to the stress and lack of teamwork and communication which reflect poorly on leadership.

The hardest part of the job is how stressful it can be due to demand of sales reps, customers and other employees. Management knows about it. Managers rather blame employees rather than find the root of a problem and provide training. It's typical to find your co-workers in tears.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with your customers and sales reps to find ways to made a difference with your customers products.
Pros
pay is okay, hour long lunches
Cons
Poor leadership, highly stressful, lack of direction
Don't bother.
General Labour, 3rd man, 2nd man (Former Employee) –  John St. Barrie20 June 2018
At first glance this company appears to have it's act together. Aptitude test, prompt interview and extensive safety training. What it doesn't do is prepare you for the atmosphere on the plant floor.

As far as unions go, this is the worst example i've come across. Toxic. Keep in mind this is a box factory; nobody is saving lives or solving world peace. People here treat their employee numbers like a rank to be saluted.

You'll be under the microscope for your 6 month probation, fair enough. But it's not just management you have to justify your existence to. 1/10 plant workers here are tolerable, 1/20 is even pleasant. I feel badly for temp workers from the agency who are treated with casual disdain.

The work itself isn't bad. On a slow day, you'll be sweeping the floor for 8 hours. On a busy day, you're feeding Ace Bakery boxes at speed for 8 hours. The environment itself isn't terrible either. Noisy, hot, dusty but you get used to it.

If you love social politics and feel like ingratiating yourself to some of the most ignorant people in Ontario, this is the place for you. Otherwise, don't bother.
Pros
Predictable Schedule
Cons
Workers, HR dept.
Its a steady place for work when production has it.
Ink and Die Coordinator(print and rotary) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 October 2017
Just stuck in one job line of progression killed my seniority.
Had a agreement on a situation of my health the hacked out on.
But the company works real well with you personal stuff.
Used to have a open door communications but office all lock up like fort Knox.
It's a good place to work just keep your life to yourself and do your job without complaining
Pros
Union
Cons
No moral...it us vs them employee vs management
n/a
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 June 2017
nothing exceptional to write about this job. it was manufacturing in a union environment. paid well but was never happy to go to work. dead end job. thanks
Over all a good place to work.
Also did die mounting and lead hand work (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 April 2017
Very good company to work for . Some management not very people friendly. I learned to manage and organize my work day to maximize production . My fellow employees were easy to get along with and I still have a few good friends there. The hardest part of my job was dealing with 2 or 3 of the management team .The best part of my work day there was running the company social committee .
Pros
Good wages and fellow employees
Cons
Poor people skills from some managers
This was a very fun work place full of inspiring people.
Sample Creation Maker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 September 2016
The people I worked with had great personalities and were very helpful. When work was slow I was able to design my own creations witch was a really cool opportunity to have. There was a dragon boat team associated with Moore Packaging and I had the honor to participate on the team and it was a great experience.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no cons
safe eniroment, well pay and benifits
feeder (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 July 2016
very well environment for safety and co-workers. well pay and benefits. if I dint move I believe I would still be employed here
Structural Designer
Structural Designer / Sample Maker (Co-op Student) (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 July 2012
My day would consist mostly of the design and fabrication process of multiple samples. I had the opportunity to work with a CAD Table and other machinery. I mostly worked independently on my own projects for various companies. Organization was the key to success in this plant due to the sudden outburst of workloads. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to create side projects which were often for charity.
Pros
design freedom
Cons
low salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moore Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.

Moore Packaging Reviews by Location