Moody's Equipment LP Employee Reviews

Could be a great place with less management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon4 February 2019
I enjoyed working with customers very much and WAS a great place to work but management liked to play games with employees and often screwed them over. If they had a personal grudge against you, they would make it everyone’s grudge, often pitting employees against each other. Management also refuses to listen to good ideas and frequently blows them off.

Think what you say in confidence stays in confidence? Forget it! Management consistently emails each other the private conversations had with employees and collaborate with each other in order to fire employees. (6 canned in 1 week)

If you want to feel completely expendable, apply now.
I was told by other previous employees (and there is lot of them) that Moody’s was the best company to work for when it was still family owned.
Pros
Great fellow employees, some upper management got canned!
Cons
Management, internal politics, very high employee turn over
Awesome company to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 January 2019
A typical day at work consists of answering and forwarding calls, ordering office supplies, preparing the daily cash deposit, as well as greeting and interacting with customers. The management is very understanding and kind and makes you feel as if you are apart of a family.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Slow winter season
Good employee/Corporate culture, local management left much to be desired.
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Olds, Ab17 October 2017
Overall, a good place to work, with acceptable wages, benefits and working conditions. Local management lacked formal training and experience with personnel management skills, communication, and honesty. Change local management, and a great place to work. Thanks.
Pros
Warm and understanding rural style personalities of Corporate personnel.
Cons
Need to better vet and nurture local management in Branches away for Head Office.
I was laid off shortly after being hired due to HR hiring too many people
Apprentice Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK31 August 2017
I liked the work and the pay was really good for a starting rate. However, management hired too many guys at once due to lack of judgement and around Christmas a lot of people got laid off after a month or two of work
Moody's Equipment
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 July 2017
Was a great work experience, and enjoyed working with all the people there who took me in like family.

While working for this great company I was able to accomplish many goals and learn many different things. from cleaning combines to building ride on tractors. The job was an amazing experience and 10/10 would work there again.
Pros
Great working invironment
Cons
Non
Parts Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 October 2016
Found Management in the Parts Department difficult to work with as he did not entertain/listen to any ideas or suggestions to better work practices from his staff.
Pros
Met a lot of interesting people while working there. Good benefit plan.
Cons
Poor leadership in Parts Department.
Great People and Product Sold
Service Writer/Warranty Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rocky View, AB23 June 2016
Awesome people to work with and industry to work for. Great commute and location for the business as competitors are nearby. Lots of great opportunities were at the location.
Excellent People
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB6 February 2016
Working Agriculture & Light Construction Sales in rural Alberta

Great People and customers!

Took away some great sales person skills

Most enjoyable was the commitment of co-workers!
Fast paced and friendly working environment
Reception/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 June 2015
A typical day at work consisted of answering and directing phone calls on a 10 line switch board. Taking messages for parts, service and financial department. Preparing the daily bank deposits and purolator pick ups. Make sure the customer coffee station was always clean and full. Management was very down to earth and treated everyone the same regardless your title. Co-workers were friendly and very helpful with questions about tasks I was given to complete. The most enjoyable part of my job was the friendly atmosphere and the staff functions and having the opportunity to move some of the Agricultural and Construction equipment around in the yard.
Pros
Awesome Co-workers
Cons
Rude Customers
Hectic and confusing
Parts man (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 March 2013
Loved dealing with the customers, Parts counter was not a team.Very confusing parts manager wanted you to do this, so you would do it then another manager would freak out that your doing it and not your job. To many cheifs when I worked there. Salesman were great. lots of backstabbing at the parts counter. Was trained wrong by a superior that they fired. told me they were going to retrain me ( in my 8 month employee review, The following friday at 3:30 I was fired) It was easier for them to pay me out and start fresh with a new employee than retrain me.
Pros
i'm not there
Cons
i wish i was trained proper the first place. liked the customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moody's Equipment LP. Our community is ready to answer.

Moody's Equipment LP Reviews by Location