Monte Creek Ranch Winery Employee Reviews

Really fun place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pritchard, BC13 February 2019
Seasonal, summer fun. Don’t need any crazy wine knowledge, just the basics. Comprehensive training, great management: great for students looking for a summer job
Pros
Great wine discount
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
lacking good management
Vineyard Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC2 November 2018
Your job will or can be replaced by foreigners the next season for lower wages on a whim. The owner doesn't even care about the people he hires from his own country. everyone is expendable. The good news is no one will ever say anything face to face it will all be planned out behind your back. They may also employ people who will stalk you, if your a girl, in the vineyard. I would look somewhere else for work unless you don't care about yourself or how others can take advantage of you. definitely a last resort option for work. Make sure you have a good lawyer if you plan on working here.
Pros
wine tastings, fresh air
Cons
bad management, unrealistic expectations.
Underpaid / overworked
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC12 November 2017
The vineyard workers put in 8-10 hours daily. Working outdoors everyday (rain or shine/ year-round), doing everything from planting to harvesting. During my time at Monte Creek (over a year) I was given added responsibilities and asked to work extra hours. As a Foreman I had my own crew, many acres of vineyard to manage, and working an average of fifty hours weekly. However, the company was reluctant to give me a raise for this increase in responsibility and hours. I was given a raise months after being tasked with the role of Foreman ($17/ hour while the previous foreman started at $18/ hour). When I finally quit, the company offered me the same job again for $24/ hour. They would have happily underpaid me for years if I had allowed them. I'm glad I didn't go back.
Pros
Beautiful location
Cons
Underpaid, overworked
Beautiful Place to Work
Event Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC22 July 2017
Through volunteering as a Marketing Assistant, I saw a management team that wanted to learn and grow with the modernizing era and stay on top of the changing target market.
Fun place to work
Tasting Room Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monte Creek, BC20 June 2017
Conducting wine tastings for customers, fun environment and enjoyable job. Very interesting learning about different wines, grapes, vineyards, winemaking process etc. The hardest part of the job is the drive out there, can make for a long day.
Pros
discount on wine
Cons
30 minute drive from kamloops
Work place where you can get amazing job experience
Tasting Bar Associate (Former Employee) –  Monte Creek, BC12 October 2016
Monte Creek Winery is an amazing place to work at. Staff is incredibly friendly and approachable. If you plan properly ahead, there is no problem in requesting your life ahead, you can get desired days off. Great guests and great wines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Monte Creek Ranch Winery. Our community is ready to answer.

Monte Creek Ranch Winery Reviews by Location