Montanas Cookhouse & Bar Employee Reviews

Montanas is an ok job
Prep Cook and Dish Washer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 February 2019
hardworking, learning lots, management is ok, the hardest part of the job is bussing to work, workplace culture is good, most enjoyable part is cleaning.
Pros
good people
Cons
having to take the bus and then walking home
High stress job
Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS20 January 2019
My time working at Montana's I found myself becoming a lot more confident. I learned how to think of solutions on the spot and solving problems. I am a lot better at communicating because I am the middle man between the servers and the chefs. I learned how to be a strong team leader. As stressful as this job may be, I am thankful I got the opportunity to work at Montana's and to work with such a great team.
Pros
discount on such tasty food
Cons
very stressful times
productive and busy work environment
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 May 2018
the restuarant was very busy and high stress, there were alot of responsbilities such making sure all the dishes cleaned properly and put back in the correct place, making sure that all the garabges were emptied and counters were wiped and cleaned, bus bin were washed
Pros
free beverages
Cons
late nights, distance from home
face paced and fun.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 February 2018
Was stressful and fast paced and has to high of expectations for minimal pay and time assigned to a task. late nights were the worst with rushes especially when they would cut to early.
Fun workplace, not much management.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 January 2018
while I worked at my limited time at Montana's, I discovered that there was a lack of management. I had quite a few run-ins with a certain manager who did not treat her staff very well and it was a consistent problem during service. We would run out of products that were required for service often. I had a fun time working there because I had my co-workers to keep me afloat.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
management, long hours, not knowing when you're getting off work.
Alright place to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 September 2017
Its alright the people are friendly for the most part, hours are no good and the pay is okay, management could use a bit of work. I learned how to communicate with people a little better.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no lunch breaks
fun job and people
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB22 September 2016
I worked the fryer, made appetizers and salads. the people were really fun to work with and i enjoyed cooking. I worked until 12 at night sometimes which was a downside, but it was also nice started later in the day.
Pros
tips
Cons
short breaks
Montanas Cookhouse
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 August 2016
Montanas Cookhouse is a great place to work. A typical day at work consists of all the employees working their hardest to make the guests happy and everyone helping each other out to achieve this goal. The management is amazing, they just be our friend and always listen. Most weekend nights they even stay a bit past closing time for the closing employees to enjoy some food. My co-workers are the most amazing people I have ever met in my entire life, so amazing that for my 19th birthday the whole restaurant threw a surprise party for me at a co-workers house and by the time Montana's closed the whole restaurant was there. Even the managers cause they really do try to be our friends. The hardest part of the job is when it gets extremely busy and guests get upset about the waiting time for a table but it's not something we can control. The most enjoyable part is how much everyone gets along and is there for each other.
Pros
50% off when working. 20% off for 8 guests including myself at all Cara restaurants. Tips.
Cons
Short Hours.
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON9 April 2016
Co-workers are awesome, management is really good with shifts. I learned a ton of new things although they would only be useful in other restaurants. Except for my customer service skills.
Pros
Fun, tips, cool people, hours per week for a part time student is perfect
Cons
Sometimes you work late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montanas Cookhouse & Bar. Our community is ready to answer.