Montana's Cookhouse Employee Reviews

Typical Restaurant Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Langley15 May 2018
Working at Montana's is like working at your average restaurant. The managers actually tried to help you with your work-life balance. For example, my significant other lived 2 hours away, so my managers would schedule me with two days off (at least) in a row so I could travel up to stay with him every week. They weren't required to do that, but they wanted me to be happy with working there, which made me feel respected. The tips there were generous as well, even though it was not a "high-end" restaurant. I would recommend working at this steakhouse.
Pros
Nice Management
Cons
Mostly Evenings (Expected)
good place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 April 2018
good working environment, good hours, competitive wages, great team environment, good working conditions, lots of room to grow and advance, great customer rapport
fun place to work
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 March 2018
Fun place for part time or full time work, easy place to work.
Accommodating around other jobs. Always welcoming when working, Staff and guests always easy to please.
Staff is fun and focused
Supervisor/Sever/Expo/Host/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 March 2018
When I first go the job at Montana's, I was welcomed into the family with open arms. I started as a Dishwasher and made my way through the ranks to Front of house Supervisor in roughly 7 months. They strongly believe in promoting from within.
Pros
great staff
Cons
Front of house management needs improvement
Great team
SHIFT MANAGER, KITCHEN SUPERVISOR AND SERVER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2018
New managament, made changes. slow, not that much businuess but crowd that shows up is amazing. regulars are the bomb. hours were good and money was good as well
theyre stupid
Dishwasher and Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON3 March 2018
got laid off wit no cause but the reason was because we:re too much but doesnt make sens because we're still low. they jiust hired two new people and ive been there for almost a year. they don't make sense
Very Fun Work Environment
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 February 2018
Staff in all parts of the company were very friendly and easy to work with. Some golfing benefits. Decent hours for banquets, not sure about the restaurant. Decent pay with tips.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Lots of cleanup
Flaws in managment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2018
Very fast paced environment, and I learned many different ways in which a restaurant should not run. Overall fun place to work but just needs upkeep, and better communication.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
management style
Fast, Easy
Food Prep Assistant and Front Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Dixie and Aerowood4 February 2018
Worked from 8am to 4pm, Put out cutting boards into place, filled garbage bins with bags, prepared front line. put out slip mats. prepared food. Did dishes with powered water sprayer and dishwasher made orders on front line. cleaned before leaving.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Started in the morning, long bus ride
Loved being a hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON27 January 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed being a hostess at this company, I liked the uniform, job entailments and working environment. The hours are not ideal for young students.
Fun workplace
Hostess/Expo (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 January 2018
Typical days at Montana's can be busy or slow depending on the day, I have learned so many soft skills since I started working here. Its really helped me open up to be a people person.
Pros
Discounts at all cara resturants
Cons
Short hours
Great associates, sadly an underpaid profession
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2018
Fun work environment, great chance to learn lots and really gain life long skills. Management team are sometime good, sometimes bad. A lot of high stress hard work that may leave you feeling underpaid. But overall a positive experience.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 January 2018
This company is well organized and well run. Co-workers are lovely and managers are truly team players. Would definitely recommend as a place of employment.
highly enjoyable work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 December 2017
wonderful management who care greatly about their staff, regular free food, variety of hours and adaptable scheduling. smells wonderful & increased customer service skills greatly
Horrible experience
Dishwasher - clean (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 December 2017
During my time of working at Montana's, I noticed a lot of things such as the management was horrible the communication between the staff and employers as bare minimal.
Pros
discount card
Cons
The management sucked
bad place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 November 2017
had a great a time working there the management is horrible and I was belittled there as a guest and as a worker and I will never be back Since that time in my life I have never been treated so bad and its unlike me to go out of my way to say that about a place of work
Great place to work with great food and coworkers
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 November 2017
Overall, working at this company was a very enjoyable experience. This particular restaurant was run very well and had very good managers who knew how to work together and how to keep the restaurant running smoothly. The only complaint I could have about this job was the amount of hostesses who were employed there, which resulted in the hostesses not getting very many shifts each week, and that hosting shifts were typically only about 3 hours. The most enjoyable part about this job was the atmosphere, and the fact that everyone who worked there was like one big family. I can not say that there was ever a hard part to my job, but dinner rush was definitely always busy and tensions were high.
Pros
Good discount, good food, good coworkers
Cons
No designated "cut time" for shifts (your shift ended when it ended, there was not a specific time you were going home, which made it hard to balance other activities)
Good starting job
Kitchen Supervisor/ line cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 November 2017
Good healthy relationships with employees and employers
Good place to learn and be able to perform in a fast paced environment
Teach you all parts of the kitchen not just 1 station
Great place to work, great staff and food
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 November 2017
I spent 2 years learning to cook there. The line and the servers worked well with each other unlike many other establishments I've been told. over all it was a great place to get my foot in the door
Pros
flexible hours, great staff
Cons
N/a
I really enjoyed working there, I do miss it.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 November 2017
Great coworkers, good atmosphere. Fun place. Hours were good. Loved being a hostess there. I enjoyed learning new aspects of the job there. Great Place Great People.
Pros
Fun, Helpful, great people
Cons
not enough hours