Montana's BBQ & Bar Employee Reviews

fun workplace
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 August 2018
Montana's is a fast paced enjoyable environment with a wonderful staff to work with. A typical day at work includes serving food and beverages , interacting with guests, and handling money.
not good
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 August 2018
i worked there for almost a year and was treated horribly. management always made horrible "jokes" towards me. coworkers were rude, especially kitchen staff. shifts were always cut after only working for 2 hours because it was slow.
Pros
extra money
Cons
horrible management
fun work place
Dishwasher / Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON16 August 2018
an amazing place, loved working there, loved the working with the employees, learned how to grill/saute and dish pit. Management was great and the workplace culture was great.
Good workers, management could be improved
Server (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 August 2018
I loved all my coworkers, they had a true dedication to the restaurant and we're all very helpful and friendly. Working there for over a month I was still only getting 2 shifts a week and not the best hours. I made maybe 25$ in tips average shift working here, which is nothing compared to other restaurants. The managers didn't do much to train workers, I found the older coworkers held that responsibility, as well as other responsibilities the managers should have been doing and I feel some were maybe getting tired of having to take over manager duties as well their own.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Low discount on food, managers not very involved.
High pressure environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 July 2018
Really busy, high volume kitchen. Worked with a great team but always under pressure as with any kitchen job. Moved away from alot of from-scratch cooking which I did not enjoy
Worst place I've worked at
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB28 June 2018
Just horrible management, can't seem to keep staff. Owner talks badly to staff and talks about staff to other staff. EXTREMELY unprofessional place. Food was okay when eating there but only select items would be staff discounted
Pros
Food is okay
Cons
Owner and family are mean to s
Stressful place to work
Hostess/Expo (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 June 2018
It is a great company in its own but it is stressful at times when the managment is not on the same page and at times you don't feel respected. and the hours arent enough to live on
Pros
its a place to work
Cons
you can be cut at any moment
Montana's
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB16 June 2018
The people running this place are awful people to work for and to be around even as a customer, they have no respect for anyone who works them and work their managers like dogs because they are on salary pay.
busy fun place to work
dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 May 2018
-restaurant was very busy, had to leanr to multi-task

- had to work efficiently

-management were descent people

-when the restuarant was busy it was high stress

-there were lots of respobilities when closing
Pros
free beverages
Cons
distance from home, late nights
Great staff but questionable management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON16 May 2018
As a hostess, you end up doing hosting duties plus pretty much everything else: bussing tables, taking drink orders, running food etc. I enjoyed how fast-paced it was on weekends, and I loved my co-workers. Unfortunately, the management was very unappreciative and dismissive. There's no room for advancement, even if they tell you there is - I learned this the hard way. In the end, I had no choice but to leave even though I loved all the staff, due to the bad management.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Management, very short hours
Great Job, Great Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 May 2018
Management is a hit or a miss sometimes depending on the location but the people that you work with are amazing. A lot of opportunity to grow, develop and learn as long as the management supports you.
Pros
Great teamwork. Great Benefits
Cons
Unstable work schedules
fun enviroment
Server (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 May 2018
good people
great management
busy weekend shifts
good tips
learned to work under pressure, work with others, take orders, prepare food and ability to work one own and as a team player
Productive and good environment
dish washer (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC4 May 2018
Great workplace experience and all the staff is very nice.
i like working at Montana's. The work environment in that place is very good. the food their is also good.
fun workplace
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Canada30 April 2018
Great restaurant for friends and family. Food is great ,stuff is friendly. Relaxing atmosphere and great place for birthday , office dinner and special occasion.
Pros
fast
Cons
hours
Helpful employees and incredible Managers
Prep Cook - Cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 April 2018
I found the people I worked with at Montana's. Had a love for the work that they did every day. Coupled with incredible managers made for an intense but interesting work environment.
Pros
Really nice people to work with
very fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 April 2018
very busy restaurant to work in but very fun and open concept, all the people that are working there were very willing to help me learn all the ways of doing things right while in the workplace.
montanas
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 April 2018
Fast paced environment that has a fun loving staff. Good for if you are looking for a job with flexible hours. Great for when you are in school or just looking for a side income.
Very well organized
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 April 2018
My first day at work, they gave me a whole bunch of tasks to do. it was soo much. I had to portion 5 box of cheese strips, with 3 bags in each box. After i do that, i have to put an day label on each cheese i portion, and put it in a bin and put it back in the refrigerator. basically my first day, i was portioning cheese strips for almost 4 hours straight. i learn to be patients even tho some of my fellow co-workers are sometimes rude. and i learned to talk less. because the more you talk, you wont get your task done faster. the thing i find most challenging in my job, is i guess, just portioning the cheese strips and that's all, because, sometimes there more than 4 boxes.
Pros
Free lunch everyday
Cons
Long tasks
Fun workplace
Host, Expo and Server (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 March 2018
Amazing place to work, great management and staff (Montanas Division st specifically). Most enjoyable part would by far be the staff that keeps the restaurant vibrant and full of smiles.
Not a great company to work for
Dishwasher/Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 March 2018
Don't treat employies good
don't give breaks
don't give tip out
promise you move up within the company didn't follow threw after a year of working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montana's BBQ & Bar. Our community is ready to answer.