Montana's BBQ & Bar

Montana's BBQ & Bar Employee Reviews

Canada514 reviews
Great People
Working at Montana's like any restaurant can be a very stressful environment, but the fellow staff helped to make it one of the absolute best places that I've worked.
Friendly environment, fun coworkers!
Working with the staff at this location was fabulous. While working with the guests would occasionally be a huge challenge, I always knew that my coworkers would be there to help me through whatever challenges I was facing.
fast paced environment
very fun job very fast paced also they pay minim wage & for an experienced guy in this field isn't helping me nut would definitely recommend go drop off your resumes now
Fast paced and Stressful environment
Starting off as a dishwasher for the first few months prepared me to take on any type of stress in work environments as you are constantly being yelled at. However, you must remain calm and collected as working in a restaurant is a team effort. Once I moved on as one of the cooks I had to learn to work very fast and get customer orders out in a timely, consistent matter.
Long hours of continous standing
Start at 5 or 6pm then work at full speed through midnight some times to 1 or 2am. Great first job because you know its only up from here. Management when i was there were kind and understanding. Your shift ends when all the dishes are clean. Worst part of the job is id some dishes sit too long like gravy it becomes incredibly difficult to clean it. Also often coworkers in the dish pit wouldnt show up so you would work alone, and dont get compensated (like this should be a law or somthing where if you have to do double the work you make the money the other person would have). Being tall also makes that job terrible, because the counters are waist high or lower.
Pros
Free pop, able to listen to music, potentially fun enviroment, you can eat out of the garbage.
Cons
Long hours, scalding water, no downtime, being tall is bad
understaffed, strong team
As is true with most restaurants, Montana's was chronically understaffed to help lower the cost of payroll. However, the group of people working at this particular location developed a strong bond both in and outside of work and always rallied together to keep the restaurant afloat. The GM was a huge part of the comradery that developed between the staff.
Pros
Food
Cons
Chronically short staffed
Fun, enjoyable and collaborative.
Overall I can say, it was a good experience at Montana's. Everyone was helpful over there. During rush and busy time, cooks who were working in the kitchen, used to help each other to meet the orders at time. All line cooks and other employees working in the kitchen were allowed to have free meal every day. Everyone used to follow the food safety procedure there. All the workers working there receive enough salary, that they can balance there living expenses. They used to provide flexible working hours and leave if any worker is sick or injured during working hours.
Fast paced, fun work environment
Great place to work! Very fast-paced and high energy, multitasking is an asset. The most enjoyable part of working there was interacting with the guests.
Wonderful workplace
The time I spent at Montana’s was great. It was very fast pace on weekends and holidays. Superiors were very supporting and great teachers. I would encourage others to work there.
Not the best work enviroment
There's always a turn over in management. All the managers/supervisors here are very unskilled because they hire/promote anyone even someone with ZERO experience in the restaurant industry, and they've done that twice now. This shows how much this place runs on its own the servers do most of the work because the owner is too cheap to invest in the right amount of staff to have on during a shift so be prepared to do 5 jobs at once. This whole restaurant is a mess from the FOH to the BOH. I wouldn't waste my time working here at all unless you're desperate.
Harsh
The work was extremely fast paced, long grueling hours, and not very good pay, but I l liked the people I worked with and they made the job not too bad
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
long hours, harsh demands
Fun workplace
Fast paced job that prepares your for any task! While working at Montana's I learned many valuable skills such as cooking prepping and working alongside a group of people to complete a task.
Fast paced
This was a fast paced job, perfect for someone who is really driven to earn a wage. Not my favorite job, but I also am not someone who enjoys the food industry.
Pros
Tips
Cons
On your feet a lot
Mostly great people to work with
Still working there but off for covid-19. It is fast paced but I love it, food is amazing, I am happy overall working here. Very team oriented and everyone helps each other, not like other restaurants
Montana's got new management
We got new management and the whole place has turned into a wreak, with cutting corners. Also making one person do two jobs at once. Are new manager has never worked in a restaurant before and makes the hostesses seat out of order, causing the servers to be overwhelmed.
Fun and fast paced work environment
Montanas is a great place to have your first part time paying job at. Its easy but teaches how to multitask, work with others in a team, get things done in a timely fashion however build up your personal customer service skills.
With many things happening during a shift (take out, dine in, bar, food running, bussing, phones ringing) it really gives you a great first job experience.

The team at montanas is fantastic, everyone is fun outgoing and respectful, it feels like a family.
Good Place
Good atmosphere, great people to work with. Busy workplace, with decent tips. Scheduling was always fair, same with sections. Side duties were super easy!!
Awful management
I was treated horribly by all the waitresses & waiters, the management was horrible & never gave me the correct schedule & i was yelled at in front of guests & harassed by patrons every shift & when i would report them nothing would be done, would not recommend working here
fun
A typical day was setting up the kitchen staff with their jobs, ensuring productivity was at a good rate for daily operations as well as daily kitchen organization and cleaning
Fun friendly environment
A typical day at work was great, lots of fun, lots of hours and great pay.
I learned lots of communication skills, and all about time management. Most enjoyable part of the job the overall environment
Pros
Great pay
Cons
work fluctuates, Sometimes busy sometimes not
a fantastic workplace!
working at this Montana's location has been nothing short of wonderful. everyone has been so friendly and welcoming to me. the hours aren't terribly long, and the work isn't too difficult. there's lots of things to remember, however. it's a fast-paced enviroment, the busiest days being Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. if you work hard, and show promise, you are rewarded. i started as a Dishwasher, and i'm now making my way over to the Line! Managment is really easy-going and flexible; but obviously stern when needed. the Tips are a nice bonus to everything.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Montana's BBQ & Bar. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9