Montair Aviation

Montair Aviation Employee Reviews

Montair is a company growing to quickly for what they can handle. The executive team cares about themselves and no one else, their employees are a second thought. The Executive Director of the company relies on others to do what he should be handling himself. Ask an employee at their secondary base in Alberta, and staff will tell you he's a student. Montair has potential moving forward, however not in the current state it's being managed.
1 October 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We have shared this information with our management team.All the best to you in your future endeavours.
If you don't have the bosses ear then you don't get anywhere.If you are prepared to lower your standards in morel and ethical work place culture than this is the place for you
A professional and fun place to work. Great team environment with an amazing Safety Culture. Great Managers who are easy to approach and work with. Five Stars!
Worst company I have ever worked for. They are so unorganized and the team of executives only care about themselves. The HR department is so desperate for reviews they go around the office and ask people to write positive reviews. I was used and abused and best decision I ever made was leaving.
Pros
None.
Cons
Working there
1 October 2019
We appreciate your review and are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working at Montair.We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.
Management expects you to work for only them even if you have a 4 on 4 off shift. You are to be on call for them even with out being paid for your on call time
1 October 2019
We are sorry to hear there was some miscommunication surrounding your shifts and we have addressed this with our management team.Thank you for your feedback. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours.
Montair is great about giving employees opportunities to grow and advance. They have been incredibly supportive of my continued education and have been happy to award me with more responsibilities as I become ready to take them on. While I would highly recommend working for the company, I should note it is important to have a start-up mind set if you wish to work here, as roles, responsibilities, and plans frequently change due in part to how quickly the company is growing. While some enjoy this type of atmosphere, myself included, I recognize this can be frustrating to others. In my experience the pay is good, upper management is supportive, and the staff friendly. The only negative items I can think of would be that the physical location is perhaps not ideal for transit users, and the benefits package is fairly bare bones. Overall though, I would certainly recommend working here; there is plenty of opportunity for career growth and development in a supportive and friendly atmosphere.
30 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience working at Montair. We appreciate you being a part of our exciting and dynamic team!
It would be helpful if Montair would post the salary range in the posting description to save everyone some time and hassle. I believe that would help them save time when it comes to the interview process. I just wanted to post this review as a friendly courtesy. All the best to everyone tho!
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Low pay
25 March 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We will take your comments into consideration for future advertisements. We wish you all the best in your job search!
Montair has provided me with stability, great hours, and great compensation. The staff are very nice and welcoming and my managers are very approachable. I highly recommend working for Montair as a Pilot who wants to get more flying hours in. Tons of Flying on a daily basis.
Pros
Great Hours and Pay
7 March 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are happy to hear that you are having a positive experience at Montair. Thank you for being a part of our team!
I have seen a lot of people be promoted and everyone is friendly and easy to get along with. I enjoy coming to work and find the atmosphere positive. If you want to have room for growth this is the place to be. There have been lots of changes in the company but the changes are for the better.
25 March 2019
We are fortunate to have such a great group of people working at Montair!There is a lot of room for growth and development within Montair. We encourage you to apply for future positions that may be of interest to you.Thank you for your feedback and for being a part of our team!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Montair Aviation?
Manager never responds to employees emails and phone calls. He never has time for his staff. I like the staff. I had a falling out with them because they did not issue my paycheck on payday and I was upset about it. I voiced my indignation to the manager's secretary and he did not want to have me back as a result. He did not admit to his mistake and did not want to take any responsibility for it. I did not like it.
Pros
friendly instructors
Cons
disorganized management
5 March 2019
We appreciate your review of your experience working at our company and have addressed this issue with our management team. We understand that you were unhappy and apologize for the miscommunication regarding pick up your pay cheque. Thank you again for your comment, we wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Montair has been a fantastic company to work for and I enjoy coming to work every day. The company is fast growing so there are new opportunities arising all the time. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with different people from all backgrounds. You can learn a lot from everyone here and can really see the impact that your position (and everyone else's) makes in the company.
5 March 2019
Thank you for your comment. We are glad to hear that you enjoy working at Montair and are happy to have you as part of our team!
Although the company is improving, it tends to over work it's staff, notably the pilots. There has been high turn over in the past. Management is poor and often asks for unrealistic goals with extremely short notice. Overall there is just really bad planning and execution.
I loved the people I worked with at Montair. Working here felt like you were apart of a family. I learned more how to use excel spreadsheets in an office setting.
Good school to acquire lots of flight time however you must deal with constant pressure and stress from management to meet tough sudden deadlines. Poor planning and communication from management on delegating and preparing ahead of time to complete each task and reaching milestones. Environment can get toxic occasionally but all staff are hard working pleasant to work with.
Pros
Lots of flight hours
Cons
Long hours with lots of added pressure from managment