MoneyKey Employee Reviews

Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2018
A good place to work. Nice people and opportunity to advance should you desire that. Free snacks and lots of training and on-going coaching.

opportunity to earn above your basic with structured sales incentive.
Pros
good training, free snacks, nice work collegues
Cons
Different rates of pay if you work through an agency
C.S
Customer Service Representative(Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
What can I say about this dark hole lol. Monkey key is like a high school. so much jealousy and petty drama. Go goodness sake people fight over a food chart yes a food chart that comes out once a week. They will tackle u over a bag a chips. Management is a disgrace,mind you things have changed. Put lots of politics. TLs want to be treated as gods and are only looking out for friends. The CS role is easy but the toxic environment is not worth a job this easy. Telecommunication industry is always the same but the people here are truly bullies.Hr doesn’t care they sit and talk about the agents. It’s a joke...get out while u xan
Pros
None...a pay cheque
Cons
Management, immature employees, TLs that don’t even want to do much and CEO (that don’t respect people of colour)
a typical call centre
Quality Assurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2018
it is a typical call centre environment. varied hours work your way up foe a preferred schedule. highly accessible by public transit. senior management willing yo listen to concerns.
Pros
sr. management
Cons
hr department
A great startup company with a lot of potential
Marketing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2018
People are very nice and dynamic.
The overall culture is very flexible.
Can learn a lot from executive and colleague.
Don't have strict work time requirement except call center.
Bad management
Payment Solutions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2018
When I was first hired it was great, but the job is not stable and the new management is terrible, i had no choice but to resign. Would not recommend. Salary was also terrible.
Productive and Intuitive Opportunity along with Training/Hiring
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  69 yonge street19 July 2018
The Q/A position is a great introductory position into the Quality Assurance Role. he role mainly consists of auditing calls for training purposes. It's a great stepping stone into future QA roles with the advancement of an educational background to support the position.
Pros
Fun and Intuitive Work Environment
The worst company
who cares (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 July 2018
Be warned. This is the worst company to work for. Everyone is complacent, fat and there is zero desire to move up. The pay is awful, youll find better
Pros
Cons
long hours, pay is awful, everyone is lazy and fat, they ignore problems, calls calls calls, slavery work
Went from great to not so Great
Originations Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2018
Moneykeys culture has devolved quite a bit over the past 2 years.
The company used to be really fun and there was a lot of focus on staff and appreciation was shown.
But the structure has changed significantly in the last year and a half.
-First they stripped our bonuses away.
-Then they moved us to hourly from salary.
-Company outings were terminated.
-The company slowly became just another business focused on profits and not its employees.

There is NO chance of promotion within the company.
All positions from supervisors or managers or team leads are now hired from outside of the company.

Management is distant and very confrontational.
HR is segregated on another floor and very unapproachable.
Almost all supervisors or team leads are under qualified having come from outside the company. Many agents know more then the people in charge of them due to being with the company longer.
Pros
Junk food Cart Thursdays, Location, co-workers
Cons
Pay, Schedules, Management, Not being allowed to Talk to co-workers. Calls Calls Calls
Great Work Culture
Senior Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
Great work culture
Great co-workers
Flexible Tıme Hours
Good management team
Good Learniıng Experıence
Supportive team members

Unachıevable goals is the hardest part of the job
Pros
Snack Day Thursdays
Cons
Bad Pay
Great company!!!
Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
If you want to work for an energetic company with lots of room to advance, this is the place for you. I worked here for years and was never bored. The people are amazing and they are expanding into Winnipeg!
Pros
People. Advancement opportunities
Great company!!!
Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2018
Pros
People. Advancement opportunities
My second family
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
I have worked here for a while as an agent and I have come to make many friends! They are like my family. I love the flexibility of management when it comes to booking time off. The snacks on Thursdays are great and I love the casual vibe of the place. I am currently in school so I haven't applied for other roles internally, but I have some friends who have moved into more senior levels!! Definitely recommending MK !! If anything negative I can say about this place is that communicatio ln needs to improve.
Pros
Casual environment
Originations Agent
Customer Service Representative (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2018
It's a really fun place to work and the people there are very nice. I really enjoyed working for moneykey, sometimes it got really boring when inbound calls are low and then you have to make outbounds (most of the time leaving voicemails for customers that applied for loans already if they don't pick up) you get snacks once a week and their employee incentives are really good. I got a ton of gift cards while working there
Pros
free snacks
Cons
can be boring sometimes
Bad Management
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2017
Management is so bad!! Has no idea if you ask them a question. Roll out products they know nothing about. Manager knows nothing at all... much gossip from everyone there. Making and providing scam loans to US to get them more in debt.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Bad management, gossip, low wage
One of the worst roles I've had, but expected from a call center
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  King Subway Station25 August 2017
I used to work there approximately 3 years ago for a very brief period. The management is not very business savvy and the targets, whilst somewhat reasonable, overshoot the mark. The product is terrible, if you are considering a loan from these people it should be an absolute last resort. The only tiny saving grace this company has is that the coworkers are pretty cool and you can talk to them when you have some spare time in between calls which is practically never. I hated working on the weekend, but it was mandatory hence why my tenure there was extremely short lived. Unless you're desperate, I wouldn't recommend working there.
Pros
Cons
Everything minus the location
Fun to work at.
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2017
It is a very nice to work in a company who gives a lot of chances for employees to improve themselves and learn a lot from the work done. One thing I like about my job at MoneyKey is I get to talk to a lot of people with different perspective, views in life, personality and sometimes learn from those people.
Bad management, low salary
Loan Origination Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 July 2017
Low salary, no raises, no commissions, bad workplace culture with a extremely high turn over feels like a revolving door. Poor benefits.
Unfriendly Human Resources manager.
Si hablas Espanol, se van a aprovechar de ti con mayores cargas de trabajo por el mismo pago.
Young demographic
Originations/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job are the people that work there. You have the opportunity to meet people from different walks of life, however the overall culture, management and methods of teaching do not meet many of the employees standards. You'll find many agents complaining about poor communication, and insufficient salary.
Pros
young demographic, good location
Cons
poor communication, very little opportunity to grow, low salary
A good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  69 yonge street14 June 2017
Young company with a lot of growth opportunities. Good team members, and overall a good entry level position. Might have worked there a bit longer if I wasn’t going back to school.
Pros
friendly staff, growth opportunities
MoneyKey
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
MoneyKey was a good job very easy, very competitive and alot of motivational prizes. However, the company as a a whole and as a team wasnt the greatest. There were alot of favorites and not everyone was treated fairly
Pros
prizes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MoneyKey. Our community is ready to answer.

MoneyKey Reviews by Location