Money Mart Financial Services

Money Mart Financial Services Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
The company decided to close the call center down in Canada after 11 years. There were alot of ups and downs and quite a few directors during my years there.
The Brampton manger is the worst manager in the district she is very racist ad rude to customers. She pretends a lot to like you but overall she doesn’t like you especially when u know your job I hate Brampton it’s the worst
Souvent on ne peut pas avoir nos repas et pause car très occupé. Pas d appuie au niveau des supérieurs.
Management and District Managers have no respect for employees or customers. You are talk down to . Your job is threatened if you don’t meet your target . Your job is threaded is you disagree with management or District manager . I would not recommend .
Great experience to work for money mart financial service. I enjoyed the culture of the company beside teamwork of professional employees. It just the salary was not enough for the work I did.
No matter how hard you work or meet target performance, they don’t show you any appreciation. Always hit target and you miss one month your told no bench warmers an so forth. That job sucks the life out of you.
I was terminated without cause only for the fact that I reported to my DM about my manager who was conducting fraudulent transactions and taking out money from poor peoples account. I was shown the finger when confronted. I did complain to the 3rd party helplines. But all was in vain. This company is good if you want a chilled job and do not have a conscience when you cheat people of their hard earned money.
Processing customer financial loans on a daily basis, not much information needed to get a short term loan.

Lots of past due accounts and difficult to collect
This is possibly the worst place anyone could ever work. It is like signing your life over to the devil. The hours are horrible. The work life balance is disgusting. Only Upper management and District Managers see some sort of balance. You do not get compensated according to how you work. There are times when you don't even see a raise for over sometimes 2-
3 years. The upper management personnel(not all but a vast majority of them - are trash). After years of service and servitude you will leave feeling unaccomplished at anything in life. My best bet for anyone seeking to have a career with this company is to allow a time span of 6 months to a year, no longer within any job roll; unless being paid a significant income ( bonus / travel perks or otherwise to elapsed). Do not allow 3 years to surpass as that is when one will completely be trapped.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Money Mart Financial Services?
I’ve worked for multiple finance companies and I will have to say when it comes to organization money mart knows what it’s doing. But they are severely understaffed. Only allowing 30 minutes for change over it’s not enough time. They need to have a mid shift. A lot of the time you are working alone and because you’re on a skeleton crew if someone calls in sick you are working doubles.
Pros
Organized, benefits, Rrsp
Cons
Hours, working alone
I am a current employee and I love my job. I have been employed for 5 years and love it. My manager is the Best . If you want to advance you can it’s up to you. Customers can be a bit wacky but I’m pretty sure you get that no matter where you go.
Pros
Lots of hours are available if you want them
Cons
Work alone for the most part. Can’t leave.
I have never had more fun working at a job or been able to move up so quickly. After only a year I was into manangement. There’s also an education reimbursement program where you can take college courses and MoneyMart will pay for it! I’ve met so many new friends and interesting customers because of this job and learned so many things!
Pros
Regular group outings, above minimum wage pay, decent bonuses, great benefits, lots of room for advancement
Cons
You can’t leave if you’re working by yourself for security reasons, and you must be good at sales or be willing to learn
...than work for this garbage company again, they work you like a dog with no owner, they pay minimum wage and their clients are 9/10 scums! This is an absolute horrid Corp.
Cons
Awful place to work. The management had such a hierarchy and would have favourites that they promote. They would make you work overtime and if you said no they would shame you and make you feel bad. They are always low staff, expect to work at least one 12 hour shift a week and many many days in a row. The customers are HORRIBLE, think of the worst people you know and group them into one, that is your customer. Good luck, no one ever last long unless theyre a sociopath.
Pros
Money mart will make you false promises. A good work-life balance, and job security, but that's not the case at all. They can literally terminate you any moment for any reason they so desire. They also have ZERO balance in your work-life. It's very all over the place where you will have a day off or what shift you will work. Managers are fake and overall, don't work for money mart.
Pros
You can stay away from them
Cons
everything
Worked there a couple years ago. Took over two store locations. Never got a raise for the work I did. Kept getting promises that never happened. New hires were getting higher salaries then I and I had been working there for 3 years floating around helping every location from Barrie to Toronto. Like a said. A joke
Pros
Cons
Everything they say
In a high volume, fast paced industry the days go by fast. Customers can be interesting at times. Some situations call for a greater sense of common sense.
Overall a great company to work for
Workplace culture and and work culture was a challenge for me and now i overcome on this challenge and also i learned many things about Canadian financial system.