Moneris Employee Reviews

Honest, open, cooperative, resourceful
Network Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 November 2018
Carpe diem, for opportunies are abound and waiting on you to seize them in this work atmosphere. Everybody is willing to cooperate to achieve a common goal, no matter the sacrifice, and the sacrifice is often non-trivial.
Pros
Rewards initiative
Cons
Requires initiative
lieu travaille agréable
Commis entrepôt (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QC27 October 2018
point négatif salaire mais pour le reste tres bien
Pros
les gens avec qui je travaille
Cons
salaire
Stressful environment no strategic vision
Enablement Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
No strategy or sense of direction
Lack of customer focus
Finger pointing and blame games
Stressful environment with no respect for new comers
High turnover rate.
My favorite company I worked for so far.
BILINGUAL TECHNICAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2018
I worked in this company for 10 years, went up the ladder and while working in this company I began learning keyboard shortcuts and programming.

The latest job I had in IT was very overwhelming but it was still my favorite job.

I resolved the overwhelming part by creating various computer programs so a large part of my job was done by these programs.
This automation allowed me to focus on what could not be automated:

for example,

Emptying the inbox full of escalations every day, since I was the highest point of escalations. And in most cases, customers were very frustrated that they had to call our company three time and were still experiencing the same problem. This frustration meant that it often took 10 minutes before I could begin troubleshooting. Because of the understandable frustration, I had to reassure them, making them feel truly safe that since I was going to solve the problem(s) they were experiencing and all of them were happy at the end of our call since their equipment was back up and running.

Training customers in North America before they used the equipment they had.

Providing a lot of coaching in a friendly manner to call center agents, explaining how the equipment was working in order to reduce the amount of frustration that client were experiencing. I had no problem with receiving more escalations, I just felt bad for the frustrated customers. And somehow, it was the same scenario over and over again so I created a very user friendly web page for the call center agents.

All my managers were very nice and professional and I did not
  more... experience any micro-management in this company.

I consider myself very fortunate that I worked for this company.
Pros
my review says it all
Good management
Senior Analyst - CRM and Sales, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
Very good management.
Benefit is very.
Really like the working environment. A lot of free food, and nice colleagues. Tones of learning opportunities.
Pros
Good life work benefit
Cons
Salary is not competitive.
good environment
Customer Activations Senior-Customer Enablement (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2018
Moneris is a great place to work, with great people. The culture at moneris is good. There is room to grow and advancements are recommended as your management is encouraging.
Pros
flexible
Cons
too far
Never again
Technical Analyst / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
This company with eat you up and spit you out without any notice. They will promise the sun, sky and the moon, but delivers nothing.
Management is self serving. Your there to serve the shareholders, not the customer. I would not recommend this company or their services to anyone. They will sell off your department at first opportunity.
Cons
No job security, Bank mentality in a mid business level.
A Great Place to Grow
Alliance Manager, mPOS (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 July 2018
I have been at Moneris for almost 10 years. In the last few years - a LOT has changed. The people are why people to stay. They have been trying very hard to create a positive work environment. I have learned an incredible amount of knowledge at Moneris. For the most part it is a fabulous place to work.
Pros
Close to the subway, lots of good eats around, good environment, updated/newly renovated work spaces and lunch room, schedule freedom
Cons
Parking sucks
Innovative projects
Change Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
Company focused on keeping up with smaller players in the payment industry who are able to launch innovative solutions. Moneris is large so launching projects often take consider effort, time and costs. Great place to learn about payment processing.
Pros
The work, the people
Cons
Pay is poor
environnement merdique
technicien (Former Employee) –  montreal16 May 2018
mauvaise compagnie, mauvais gestionnaire, il traite le monde comme des esclaves surtout les contractuels et deviner les contractuels viennent d'où ?
Nice work culture
eProduct Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Learnt and implemented a lot of excellent technical concepts and other soft skills that can be transferred to other jobs as well. I would recommend this place to anyone who is trying to start their professional career.
Great work eniroment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON6 March 2018
As an account executive you are constantly on the go with making outbound calls, taking in bound calls and processing clients requests for existing or new business.

The team environment is friendly, competitive and over -all a great atmosphere.

The Leadership team knows what they are doing and will point you in the right direction if help or assistance is needed.
Pros
The Team
Cons
Far commute (for me)
Applicant's experience
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
Giving no any feedback after face to face interview is a categorical sign of disrespect and not healthy environment. All smiles on the surface, but looks like this is all fake.
dynamic and exciting work place
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2018
Working here allows for incredible door to door and cold calling experience.
Training is provided and the ability to work at your own pace.
Benefits include the ability to work from home and manage your own schedule,
Excellent peer to peer accountability and management support.
That was the best company I worked for
Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 February 2018
That was the best company I worked for. So was my boss and co-workers. I was programming at night without pay to increase my productivity during working hours.
Pros
great opportunity that led to intense programming in order to increase my productivity dramatically.
Cons
very demanding but once I figured it out, it turned into an opportunity for ntensive programming.
Managers don’t care about you
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal-Ouest, QC26 January 2018
You are there to shut up and just do your job. Management is horrible. All about favouritism. If they don’t like you for any reason they will throw you out. Advancement may happen after years. They show you one way when you start that you mean so much to them but after 3 months they couldn’t care less about you and fire you!
Bad people in management not a good vibe feeling not trustworthy place to work. Stay away !
Pros
Nice merchants and some nice people that work there but definitely not all of them. Very gossipy.
Cons
Bad shift low pay management is a joke they are bad people.
Moneris is an exceptional company to work for.
Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON15 January 2018
Moneris has an exceptional workplace culture where employee involvement/engagement is always encouraged. The supportive and knowledgable management team empower employees to continuously develop their skills and strive to produce the best results. Cross-functional collaboration is the Moneris way and what makes working there interesting, rewarding and enjoyable.
Pros
Excellent work life balance. Good benefits. Amazing team. Collaborative environment. Great culture.
Always striving for more
Account Executive (independent business) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
Manage business relationships with existing merchants while netting new accounts

•Consistently handling inbound sales calls within established service level agreement

•Using consultative selling techniques to uncover customer's needs, and wants to determine the best solution offering for merchants while managing expectations

•Maintaining knowledge of Moneris products, service and rates, ongoing marketing activities, as well as key competitor products, pricing, strengths and weaknesses

•Using effective negotiation techniques to manage a win / win situation with our clients
Good corporate culture.
Account Executive - National Accounts (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 December 2017
Moneris is a good company to work for. Has a great corporate culture. Management is very helpful and easy to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the great people within the organization.
recovery officer
Bilingual Recovery Officer (Former Employee) –  toronto, on18 December 2017
this was a typical 9-5 office job where i learned some great skills, especially customer service and working under pressure.
great company that offered competitive salaries.... challenging part was sitting down all day with little movement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moneris. Our community is ready to answer.