Moneris Employee Reviews

Lots of learning opportunities
Financial and Technical Support Merchants (Former Employee) –  Sackville, NB13 February 2019
Moneris was a great place to work, lots to learn, room for advancement. Managers were great. the shift work was a challenge to work with around family life
Great work culture, creative environment
Learning Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2019
Great Canadian and bilingual company, great work culture and diversity.
Creative Learning team with opportunities to impact employee learning and engagement.
Pros
Creative - Work-Life balance - Strong Learning Team
Cons
Small company with little career growth opportunities in the Learning field. Low salary and benefits
A bit old-fashioned...?
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 January 2019
Of the numerous companies that I worked for before, this is somewhat a strange company. It prides itself as a “fintech” company but doesn’t operate like one. Lots of red tapes, politics, lack of transparency, unclear procedures, lots of information that you need to know to get your job done is not even accessible. It doesn’t feel like a company in mordern days. Certainly not for people who have stayed in a proper professional firms such as one of the big 4....I do like my friendly colleagues a lot and there is work like balance. However, I wouldn’t bank my career on it.
Pros
Above the subway; diversity; equipments; free brewed coffee; employee lounge;
A fun place to work with a games in the lunch room for associates to have a break.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 January 2019
Moneris is a great place to work at. The management has fostered a multi-cultural environment and makes sure that the voice of each individual is heard through survey.
Pros
Flex times
Great Client
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2019
I worked for an outsourced marketing company which served Moneris directly. The product was easy to sell based on the brand notoriety and low discount rates.
Good Company that looks after its people
Business Support Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke11 January 2019
Moneris is a good company to work for. They recognize that in the end, their only real asset is their people. Personnel and direct management is good, as are the benefits.
Pros
Free coffee, occssional event centered meals.
Cons
frequent changes in mid level managment, meant things felr a bit scattered on occassion with policy changes.
Cooperative environment with learning facilities
Customer Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2018
Every day was a learning experience of providing customer support and working with a great support team
Learnt to understand customer financial issues like billing, payments, looking up payment errors and resolving them and providing appropriate customer care
Understanding and supportive management, patient with your queries for your learning
Very inclusive workplace culture
Initially there were difficulties but nothing that could not be resolved
Working in a friendly environment
Pros
Excellent view from lunch room, good facilities
Cons
Parking was hard to find during peak hour shifts
Gateway opportunity
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2018
Subpar company that offers the opportunity for experience in financial services with little to no sales experience. Management is mediocre with a few solid members leading the force, but the VP is ignorant and clueless of what happens in reality. The culture is relatively positive, house are reasonable.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, work life balance
Cons
internal issues
Honest, open, cooperative, resourceful
Network Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON1 November 2018
Carpe diem, for opportunies are abound and waiting on you to seize them in this work atmosphere. Everybody is willing to cooperate to achieve a common goal, no matter the sacrifice, and the sacrifice is often non-trivial.
Pros
Rewards initiative
Cons
Requires initiative
lieu travaille agréable
Commis entrepôt (Current Employee) –  St Laurent, QC27 October 2018
point négatif salaire mais pour le reste tres bien
Pros
les gens avec qui je travaille
Cons
salaire
Moneris
Bilingual Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 October 2018
Great place, but minimal opportunity for growth. They did try their best to make employees feel appreciated, but the salary and opportunity for growth opportunity were minimal.
Pros
Gift cards
Cons
No growth opportunity
Stressful environment no strategic vision
Enablement Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
No strategy or sense of direction
Lack of customer focus
Finger pointing and blame games
Stressful environment with no respect for new comers
High turnover rate.
My favorite company I worked for so far.
BILINGUAL TECHNICAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 October 2018
I worked in this company for 10 years, went up the ladder and while working in this company I began learning keyboard shortcuts and programming.

The latest job I had in IT was very overwhelming but it was still my favorite job.

I resolved the overwhelming part by creating various computer programs so a large part of my job was done by these programs.
This automation allowed me to focus on what could not be automated:

for example,

Emptying the inbox full of escalations every day, since I was the highest point of escalations. And in most cases, customers were very frustrated that they had to call our company three time and were still experiencing the same problem. This frustration meant that it often took 10 minutes before I could begin troubleshooting. Because of the understandable frustration, I had to reassure them, making them feel truly safe that since I was going to solve the problem(s) they were experiencing and all of them were happy at the end of our call since their equipment was back up and running.

Training customers in North America before they used the equipment they had.

Providing a lot of coaching in a friendly manner to call center agents, explaining how the equipment was working in order to reduce the amount of frustration that client were experiencing. I had no problem with receiving more escalations, I just felt bad for the frustrated customers. And somehow, it was the same scenario over and over again so I created a very user friendly web page for the call center agents.

All my managers were very nice and professional and I did not
  more... experience any micro-management in this company.

I consider myself very fortunate that I worked for this company.
Pros
my review says it all
Good management
Senior Analyst - CRM and Sales, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
Very good management.
Benefit is very.
Really like the working environment. A lot of free food, and nice colleagues. Tones of learning opportunities.
Pros
Good life work benefit
Cons
Salary is not competitive.
good environment
Customer Activations Senior-Customer Enablement (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2018
Moneris is a great place to work, with great people. The culture at moneris is good. There is room to grow and advancements are recommended as your management is encouraging.
Pros
flexible
Cons
too far
Never again
Technical Analyst / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2018
This company with eat you up and spit you out without any notice. They will promise the sun, sky and the moon, but delivers nothing.
Management is self serving. Your there to serve the shareholders, not the customer. I would not recommend this company or their services to anyone. They will sell off your department at first opportunity.
Cons
No job security, Bank mentality in a mid business level.
A Great Place to Grow
Alliance Manager, mPOS (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 July 2018
I have been at Moneris for almost 10 years. In the last few years - a LOT has changed. The people are why people to stay. They have been trying very hard to create a positive work environment. I have learned an incredible amount of knowledge at Moneris. For the most part it is a fabulous place to work.
Pros
Close to the subway, lots of good eats around, good environment, updated/newly renovated work spaces and lunch room, schedule freedom
Cons
Parking sucks
Innovative projects
Change Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 June 2018
Company focused on keeping up with smaller players in the payment industry who are able to launch innovative solutions. Moneris is large so launching projects often take consider effort, time and costs. Great place to learn about payment processing.
Pros
The work, the people
Cons
Pay is poor
environnement merdique
technicien (Former Employee) –  montreal16 May 2018
mauvaise compagnie, mauvais gestionnaire, il traite le monde comme des esclaves surtout les contractuels et deviner les contractuels viennent d'où ?
Nice work culture
eProduct Technical Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Learnt and implemented a lot of excellent technical concepts and other soft skills that can be transferred to other jobs as well. I would recommend this place to anyone who is trying to start their professional career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moneris. Our community is ready to answer.