Moneris
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Moneris Employee Reviews

Canada171 reviews

salarypaymentsolutionculturechallengelowteamsale

Great place to start off your career, learn and grow. Once you are experienced find a better place your skills can be utilized with better pay

Moneris was a great place to kick start my career, I got to learn a lot of things that I'm still currently using today in my senior-level position. If you are looking to build your skills in order to be valuable in the future then this is the place.However, Moneris will not be offering you the ability to grow for well-experienced individuals. The market out there can utilize the skills you benefited from the organization with a high wage.I suggest this environment as a place to learn (e.g great school of experience) if you want to acquire experience in a particular field. Once that experience is acquire the company does not have much to offer.

WorkPlace Bullying, Gossip Culture & Work Politics

Moneris has a very toxic work culture. There is rampant work politics, company gossip. Some management level are very unprofessional and bully those under them. You will work long unpaid hours. Nothing like diversity and inclusion and some junior level management need serious re-training. My advice is don't waste your time and join this company . You will end up in a dead end job with no advancement . The environment is mentally draining. Processes and structures are non-existent and things are very disorganized.

Pros

Cons

Workplace Bullying, Company gossip & Politics, Long unpaid hours

Insights into Moneris

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Worst place!

Managers can make or break a team and unfortunately, I fell into the latter one. The company should make sure they hire good managers to have a good team. Pathetic management. Am glad I moved out.

Pros

Remote work option

Cons

Long hours, low pay, no work life balance

Poor Compensation

Compensation was nothing. They throw peanut to enjoy your harvest for the life. Other companies pay commission for life but not with Moneris. You are done in 13 months. ProsCanadian company ConsYour feedback never matters

Great environment

Great work place, managers are very understanding and look for the best in all situations. People are easy to talk with and everyone is willing to help with projects

Don't get sick

Do not get sick. They will hound you for when you are coming back to work. Even if this means sending you a text message while you are in hospital suffering a heart attack saying I don't mean to stress you out but when you return we need to talk PLUS now you are on unpaid sick leave. They do not care about the merchants. Instead send out a service tech to replace terminals in which they are already troubles with instead of sending them newer ones, then these frustrated merchants called back and the front line agents take the brunt.Expect to turn into a robot meeting QA levels, BCRs, etc. Hounding you with emails to bring these numbers up or the monthly one on one to discuss your performance to meet a standard which is impossible to meet.

Pros

Wages, Over time, Spot The Op

Cons

High standards, Stress to meet standards, not enough training on certain products

Digging your own grave, career wise

In short, this is just an antiquated payment processing company with 2 banks behind it, RBC and BMO. So despite its own pride in declaring they are a technology company, they are actually quite behind in terms of innovation. You will find out once you are in. I guarantee it. Extremely flat organization that leads to nowhere if you plan on building a career. Despite talk of "development", I have witnessed career goals of several fellowed employees squandered by politics, gatekeeping, and nepotism. Anecdotally, I witnessed a manager deliberately not showing up to an interview for an applicant from another department. My advice is to move on quickly as possible from this company if you really want to advance, career wise. Most people who have stayed at this company, are you either related (or a close friend) to someone in sub-management/executive role or were initially transitioned from the banks mentioned (RBC & BMO) from over 20 years ago and are gearing up to retire. Which tells you, you either have to follow the status quo just to get through the outdated inefficient day to day operations to the point of high stress. Or simply, don't follow at all which leads to possible termination or self-resignation. In terms of salary, it is quite low in comparsion to other companies witin the same industry. No real bonuses either, as annual bonus is merely a 1-2% boost of your current yearly salary which does not even keep up with inflation. One year, they did not even give this small bonus as they didn't "make enough profit" as the reason. And this was way before -

technician at moneris, nothing to complain about

It is a fun and easy job. Drive around in company vehicle and do service calls or installs. Noone really is micromanaging you and only pays attention if you mess up. There is no advancement as a technician.

Work at Moneris

I love workinh in moneris the work environment is great and people are so helpful.life balance is good. They offer us some free self training cources.

dead end

pay is terrible, work is slow, days are boring. people are cool tho. its a good secure job i guess but other than that take your skills elsewhere. plus i heard people keep quitting because the job sucks loll

Dead end but good work life balance

Misleading salary for sales job thats not typical in first year even for top performersWas sales rep there for about a a year and a half and saw plenty of turnovers nepotism cronyism and shady stuffStay away unless you have no other option

Stressful environment

Good company, salary and benefits but bad management. The manager thinks his job is monitor your work all day (super micro manager) and he goes to minimal reasons and details to cut off your OT. Avoid it

Cons

Good salary and benefits

Good environment with plenty of challenges. Alot of moving parts and technology challenged users makes sure you don't have a dull moment and plenty of stories to carry along.

Dead end

Work-life balance is usually good but that's because they pay so low, they can't really demand unpaid overtime. My best team member promptly quit after learning the pitiful value of her first bonus. Cronyism and nepotism are the culture. Hard work is not rewarded.

Pros

Usually easy hours.

Cons

All else.

Extremely poor/low salaries

Banking culture with a lot of aging employees and most of them have being with the company for over 20+ years. Senior management never leaves or get promoted so there is hardly any opportunity for analysts to promote and advance. Probably some of the lowest salaries in the fintech industry great if you live in sackville but not in Toronto. However BMO/RBC board members make millions in bonus while regular staff has to live pay check to pay check

Pros

Casual, tedious work since everyone hate changes or any improvements

Cons

Extremely low salaries and if you are luck you get 1% pay increase at the end of the year

ils petent plus haut que leur.....

Jamais vu une telle mauvaise foi dans une aussi grosse compagnie...ils prennent leurs employées pour des c.... les salaires sont ridiculesles gestionnaires incompétents et totalement a la botte de leurs supérieurs qui eux mêmes sont encore plus dans la sauce...compagnie a évité le plus possible...

Pros

aucun

Cons

tous

best employer ever

They where the best, I did a contract for them and they treated me like gold. They were not demanding and took good care of me. I really wish more company's where like this in Canada.

They mean well but fall short

The pay is decent but not good enough considering what you deal with. The benefits are good for the cost. Management is all over the place. Some managers are awesome while some shouldn’t even be in a management position. There’s no sense of value and your voice being heard. There are plenty of claims for mental health support but nothing actually helpful is done. Shift choices are often terrible and are difficult for newer employees to achieve work/life balance. Changes are made at a moments notice and the communication is terrible and unreliable. All in all, it’s a call centre and what else can you expect

Pros

Free coffee, decent pay, good benefits

Cons

Poor work/life balance, 24/7 365 work environment, poor communication, no advancement

Moneris has a great working culture! Fun to be with but also demanding with work depending on your role.

Moneris is truly a great place to work. The culture is amazing! I’ve got your back and you’ve got mine. That’s how it goes. Everyone looks out for each other. No matter what you do or what department you work for everyone is looking for the ultimate success. When one succeeds, they all succeed. It’s a great company to work for.

Pros

Free coffee and games in the lunch room like ping pong, pool, and more.

Cons

Depending on your role. Long hours. You take it home with you.

Run before you fail into the trap

at first you think you work for a tech company, but you realize that it is a disguised call center, the managers are horrible as well as their boss, when you are in trouble they will not find a solution for you, and you will be the first scapegoat they will sacrifice to cover up their mismanagement.do not trust their crocodile smile, they will crush you at the first meeting. Hypocrisy in all its form.you will learn nothing there, nothingby the way snitchers are welcome.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

salary, vacation, holydays, schedule

All personell is very smart

All personal are friendly and smart. Education and professionalism are presented on all group and potential is very big/. They very fast accept knowledge what I transfer to they

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moneris. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement