Moncrief Construction Limited

Moncrief Construction Limited Employee Reviews

Diverse company with a strong desire to provide quality to its clients. Could benefit from some more diversity in its management team, but the company is growing rapidly and for good reason.
In 8 years of service for this company never got any appreciation for anything just got yelled at if something didn’t work out!!! They ask you to work out of town and don’t pay very well while you are out of town not a very good company to work for
Pros
Zero
Cons
I enjoyed working with this company as we were all very close. Everyone worked together to safely accomplish every job on site. I was trained on everything properly and professionally, without having to ask to learn new things even.
The work environment with moncrief was amazing , i joined on and they treated me with respect and as an equal . Gave me a chance to prove my capabilities , the co workers and bosses were amazing and respectful.
As a former employee of the company I would return if the chance ever rose again but our project in little grand Rapids first nation was completed I had an awesome time with the company
Pros
Awesome job setting
Cons
They are a family owned business and they treat their employees with respect and like family. Lots of advancement opportunities, people willing to teach you and show you the ropes. Expect long hours but you'll be paid well for it. MCL is growing quickly but they are managing it well in regards to growing pains. Owner and managers are boots on the ground kind people which is nice to see. They have a diverse corporate culture. Truly, an amazing company
I learned many things while working for mcl . Everyday was something new. The best was learnjngvtobrun heavy equipment. I love driving rock trucks at the mine it's a totally different experience in general.
I love the new opportunities and amazing experiences I learned running heavy equipment. I started from labouring and moved up with hard work. And love the company.
Management treats you like dirt. All management are friends or are related to owner so they do no wrong. Owner completely blind or doesn’t care how his supervisors treat the staff. Huge turn over for employment. Potential to be treated with respect or move up if you bend over. False promises, owner thinks the town revolves around him. For such a large company, you think it would be professional....very far from. This company has a crazy amount of damage that is happening to its equipment, almost unheard of. I would chalk it up to nobody cares because of the way they are treated, it’s a shame. They say they are a family business, not a family I want to be apart of. Here’s a tip for Moncrief Construction.......TAKE CARE OF YOUR EMPLOYEES AND THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!
Pros
Some really good employees, hard working, dedicated
Cons
All out of town work, just a horrible experience.
If you don’t mind getting on your knees or bending over. This place is for you. Empty promises and if you’re not part of the “clique” you’re going nowhere
Pros
Cons
Supervisor at new gold thinks you should take it up the rear and worship the ground he walks on.
Every one has their bad and good days, otherwise it's a good company to work with. Safety for the flaggers, and everyone else. A safe environment is what comes first from MCL.
If you like, let yourself get pressured into risky situations with scrap yard quality equipment & 1960s tools ... on a powerline project. Realize quickly that your co-workers - although good & eager to work guys - have little-to-no relevant experience. Moncreif has built a small construction empire by crushing rocks and dumping them to make road-beds. For some reason, they think powerline is an industry they need to dip their big toes into - with very little experience & vintage equipment. Grandpa Moncreif did powerline work in the 60s and 70s and they have moved far from those roots and experiences. More recently, they have completed a fair amount of dead line stringing and telecom stringing and building in northern Ontario reserves - but nothing live, and rarely even connect a simple transformer as they are not allowed to in Ontario. They seem to think they can in Manitoba - although their attempts to get a foot-fold in Manitoba have proven to be ill-fated so far - thank god. Competency in terms of powerline work extends to about as far a 2nd year apprentice can do - actually less - as 2nd years begin to do supervised live rubber-glove and stick work - Moncreif’s so-called powerline division has completed little-to-none. Tight-budget, high-pressure, and high critical is what you can expect from Supervisors & Management. And for all the long-hours you will work away from home you can expect to receive the lowest live-out allowance I have ever seen in the industry - $45 per day - and they will make you bunk up & share rooms with other guys - that is if they remember - more...
Pros
There are some Good Guys to work with how Try Hard
Cons
Unexperienced in Powerline Industry, Belligerent Management who make sure that it rolls down hill, Shoddy Tools & Vintage Equipment, No Actual Back-up, All Talk / No Action from Supervisors
not honest management, high turn around, nepotism is very high, lacking leadership, pay is decent, employee appreciation is none existent, communication is limited.
the days i worked for moncrief construction was a good experience. work days went fast, I learned to be very efficient, quick, safety orientated, prompt.Team learner, Team helper, learned the dangers of operating a articulating 410E Rock Trucks in Mining. The hardest part of this job was the weather of the roads. The most enjoyable part was the backing up of these Rock trucks especially at night shifts.
Pros
productive worker's
Cons
Good for someone young or single, or an older person who does not mind mostly out of town work. Not for the family oriented person.
Pros
overtime and year end salary
Cons
rarely home long enough to enjoy family
They were good to work for, good safety program. would have stayed longer. i was not there long enough to give a proper review however.
12 hour work day safety board meetings before and after work Management was good co-workers were great hardest part of the job was the weather conditions. I learned to be the best Operator I can be through hard workmanship.
Pros
punctuality
Cons
weather conditions
excellent people to work for,very safe enviroment.only problem is seasonal
Pros
free ppe
Cons
long hrs but nice pay