Molly Maid Employee Reviews

Very unethical
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2018
your pay is never what you expect always missing money, Christmas time manager demands tips co-workers believe manager skims from pay cheques, always threatened that you can be replaced no compliments or encouragement for the hard work to much favoritism
Pros
Had a car to use
Cons
Treated unfairly, not payed what is owed to you
Positive
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 August 2018
I have been on the Molly team for a while. There are so many benefits like being able to have breaks in between houses, not having a superior watching over your every move, and although youre cleaning every day, your day is always changing, not repetitive. Great work environment with a pay check at the end of every week!
Pros
No weekends, no boss hovering ove you, company vehicle
Butlington molly maid managment. Where do i begin.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 August 2018
The worst company to work for period. It all starts with the current and only manager, by far the most selective and emotionally unstable person to ever be in a leadership role. Management treats their employees like a disposable camera but demand full ability from us. They will literally do anything to make the customer happy at the employees expense. They don't give you proper equipment for each job, they don't train you properly, they have no respect for employees and are completely incompetent to manage a company. The equipment they do give us is reused at every house, and yes including toilet brushes because management is to cheap to update there stock of equipment. You get paid peanuts compared to what managment does and they don't even do their job properly. New hires quit within a week because they can't believe how much you have to work for so little, while being treated like a caged animal by management. No breaks, no lunch, your required to do that while you drive to the next house, which by the way you don't even get paid for the window time! Ridiculous. I would not recommend ever working for burlington molly maid.
Pros
If your suicidal this job is for you.
Cons
If you love life don't work here.
Great work for moms!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 August 2018
Love the hours, transportation is provided, co workers are very easy going and pleasant to work with! Must be hardworking and enjoy cleaning.
I find it much better than a fast food restaurant. Days go fast because you are always working looking forward to my future with Molly maid thank you for the opportunity
Pros
Great working hours, transportation provided, productive
Cons
Physically demanding
Current Employee with Burlington Franchise
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 August 2018
I have been working for Molly Maid in Burlington for a total of about 4 years now. I enjoy my job, I get a long great with my partner (management is good with making sure you get along with your partner because teamwork is important making sure work is balanced and keeping customers satisfied). So here’s my list to narrow it down before I ramble.

Pros
1. Your not stuck in one place all day
2. Cleaning is PROVEN to be therapeutic
3. It keeps me active and fit
4. Weekly pay is very BENEFICIAL
5. Weekends Off
6. Strong bond with management
7. You get a raise quickly if they see the hard work being put in
8. Management trusts you

Cons
1. Each day varys on when you will be home (sometimes a team needs help and I do not mind)

OVERALL, I see a lot of negative reviews on here and I will say if I was not happy with working for Molly Maid I would not have been commited with them for 4 years. Every company you work for is going to have their nicks and crannies you just gotta find what’s best suitable for you and your interest. If you enjoy cleaning and want to stay active by not sitting for 8 hours a day then Molly Maid is for you. Apply today :)
Worst job I’ve ever had
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 July 2018
The work it’s self isn’t that awful if you have way too much energy and like to be in pain constantly. Most of the customers treat you like a slave. The worst part by far is the management. They have no respect for you, your beyond under paid. Your told you can get new partners if you don’t get along with them but that’s not true. The management tosses you around like nothing and expects respect from you when they don’t give you any. Have the stomach flu? That’s okay you can still clean two more houses before you go home but your not allowed to be sick in customers homes so make sure you hold your puke in.

I’ve never had a job that made me wish I wanted to die as much as this one.

DONT APPLY HERE THE MANAGEMENT SUCKS
Cons
Some days hard and some are easy
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GA19 July 2018
Bad management with a, bad attitude. They will hire you. Expect to be sent home after you wait to see if you will work that day. Favoritism is ongoing and management is very disorganized and sometimes rude
Pros
weekends and weekly pay
Cons
Disorganized and rude management
Do not work here
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 April 2018
Absolutely horrible place to work they expect ridiculous things for no appreciation and little money , absolutely back breaking work with no room for error if they have an issue instead of dealing with it they send in there little spies to repeat anything you say , management is sloppy and very rude bordering on aggressive, I would never recommend this place not even to my worst enemy by far the worst place I have ever had the displeasure of being at.
An absolute horror show
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Less like a house cleaner and more like a personal servant / health care aid position with some of the things they make you do for customers. Half of the people i worked with were complete sociopaths / criminals / drug addicts. Driving around in unsafe cars, cleaning houses of people who threatened us, were sent into unsafe situations with dangerous customers, owner doesn't care and will do ANYTHING to keep a customer and keep money coming in. Work here if you enjoy being threatened, insulted, and used as a work horse while making mere pennies. I'd work a 14 hour day sweating my face off and get paid for four hours.
Awesome place to work
ROUTE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON21 March 2018
Very fun place to work if you like to clean. The people I worked with took me under their wing and taught me a lot in a short amount of time. Wages are competitive and hard work is noticed and appreciated.
Great employer
Residential Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON24 February 2018
Great place to work, I had a great team of girls who knew how to work together efficiently and the company paid for travel time and also gave me use of a company car
A physically demanding job
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 February 2018
Molly Maid is a busy and well run company. Hard work and long hours, but lots of of encouragement and incentive from management. Must enjoy hard work and busy schedules.
As long as your team memeber and you mesh well you'll be fine.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON6 February 2018
Depending on where your first house is located, start times can differ. Expected to have houses done in 1hr ( even if they're massive). A lot of time is basically driving to each house, which your not paid for. You eat while traveling to the houses.
Pros
Cons
A lot of wasted time driving. Not paid for commute to each house. Bosses can be quite ignorant.
Team worker productive reliable
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 January 2018
My experience working with Molly.maid was a pleasure awesome team and more awesome boss amazing team players and very good service I would enjoy working with them again
High paced steady job
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 December 2017
The Molly maid staff is a bunch of very lovely, hard working people. The lady's in the office are especially welcoming. The Work itself is high paced and manual labor, repetitive tasks that are hard on your body. You carry lots of equipment and clean roughly five houses a day. A steady five day work week.
Embarrassment of a Company
Assistant (Former Employee) –  BC6 December 2017
This is the first company, in my life, I am not adding to my resume as past employment because I was absolutely APPALLED by the treatment and am now embarrassed to say I ever represented this company. They have zero concern for their employees and have the most disorganized and disrespectful management team. A typical work day should have been 8:30-5 upon my first interview. By the first day, I was told to be ready for 7:45 to head to the clean. Most "full" days turning up to end between 12pm and 3pm. The driving isn't properly compensated and the routes set out for each team cost them most in driving than it's worth, leaving them late for most appointments and close to an hour early for others. The only good thing is they SOMEHOW manage to have hired an incredibly kind and humble team that just goes with whatever is thrown at them each week. I would never suggest Molly Maids services to my worst enemy as I wouldn't want them to endure the wrath of the office, should they be a little picky/human.
Pros
Working Alone, Driving is always neat.
Cons
No Music, Passengers Uninsured in Vehicle, Awful Management
Horrible work place
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC8 November 2017
Some days you work 9hrs and sometimes 4hrs. Promised way more pay than given, managers show little trust or appreciation to employees, managers have no idea how to actually manage a company and they don’t care about their employees. You have to fight to get paystubs and if u try to quit they will try to get away with not giving you your last pay check.
Pros
Work with nice employees (not managers)
Cons
Low pay and horrible managers and bosses
short hours , if you need a car
Molly Maid assistant (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ON6 November 2017
if you like to work 40 hours a week this job isn't for you

Everyday the day changes , you can wake up in the morning and have you're whole day changed

They only pay for the gas you use to and from the houses not paid for the gas to pick up or partner or even to take yourself home

Don't work weekends
Pros
a good jod for someone who doesnt wanna work 40 hours a week, you can get a molly maid car . don't work weekends
Cons
isnt a 40 hour a week job, low money .
only good for a second job
Former employee (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 October 2017
poor pay for the type of physical work you are required to do, construction clean ups before someone moves in usually require 3 or 4 staff, so pay has to be divided between 3 or 4 of you, if your lucky you each will make 24.00 dollars for a 4 hour job. of physical labour.

vacuums used are household up rights usually with hoses duc taped, as they are not built for this type of use and fall apart. They dislike you taking time off for a dr. appointment. they dont care.

you get picked up from home from route manager and dropped off.

Uniform, shirts with logo are supplied usually you're allowed two. Blue pants you buy.

Jobs where you have to go back to because client is not satisfied are not paid out to you.

You have to eat in your car, no time for breaks,

Clients scheduled are close together, 15 minutes usually allowed to go from client to client.

No benefits.

Scheduler is a great person to talk to. Boss more interested in making money for herself and company .

Supplies used are non toxic.
Pros
good for a second part time job if you work nights elswhere
Cons
poor pay, $ 12.00 Hour, No Benefits, No lunch breaks
Works with one person works well together
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 October 2017
Over all its not for everyone but works great for me just the physical strain on body hard, can be difficult to request time off. Love the customers enjoy seeing them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molly Maid. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9