Molly Maid Employee Reviews

Wurst job evaaaaa!
Maid (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 March 2019
I was forced to "go to the bathroom" in my own vehicle because the manager told me I was "not worthy" to use the normal washroom in the head office. Disgusting. I would never recommend working here. I did enjoy mayonnaise Monday though.
Workplace bullying & harrassment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 March 2019
The owner screams and yells at employees and clients. When you miss work for any reason, you are expected to get a doctors note. YES! Even when your family members were in an accident and on their death bed, they expect you to get a doctors note so you can go see them. They will belittle you and lie to you telling you things to scare you from talking to the labour standards. I encourage every single person on the Island to avoid working for this horrible company!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Every single thing!
Very stressful job
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa south,central13 March 2019
You’re expected to work at 830-5pm . If your’re a route manager you have to meet your team memeber and pick them up as early as 715am which is very annoying . Being a route manager was very stressful. This company doesn’t have an online schedule, every shift you need to clock in by texting a phone number they provide and write down the times in a book. You always have to track your kilometres every morning and night.

Each day is very tiring . They say you have to clean 3-5 homes a day which is very stressful. Most Homes are very big and they expect you to do a detailed cleaning in a short amount of time.

The supervisor are very rude ,they check on your homes randomly at least 3-4times a week and nag about everything you do wrong. They usually do a check of the home once you’re done cleaning and never see what the homes look like before cleaning.

And to top it off! They want you to be fast but you’re not even a lot to listen to music while you clean or you’ll get written up!!! Plus you barely have time to take a break and if you do you might even finish as late as 6pm....
Pros
Cons
Long hours, very poor management
A love hate relationship
Cleaned (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 March 2019
Great job for the exercise but the pay is bad for the hard work and sweat I put in each job.. b!@$hy route manager wanted me to work fast and efficient but got p!ssy wen I worked to fast
Pros
Workout
Cons
The pay
Worst job available!
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2019
Working for Molly maid was my WORST job I've had.
The wages are extremely low for the quality of work expected.
Management is a joke forcing people into things they shouldn't be doing as well as very unprofessional about certain things.
Vehicles were NOT maintained at all even though management was addressed about it.
Co workers are not equal when working together, lots of favorites in the company which is very obvious to see.
If you want to bring home more then 300$ a week, this job is NOT for you.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Fun workplace. Great people.
Residential and business cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2019
Easy to work on a team.
Great boss.
Fast paced but easy job.
Very friendly home owners.
Very detailed oriented job.
Well organized and very easygoing co-wokers
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Long driving distance between each job.
Unprofessional and inconsistant
Driver/Residential Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 January 2019
Working here was a low point. Manager was really nice but didn't deal with any issues when confronted. Lots of gossiping between coworkers, like high school. The office for Airdrie is not in Airdrie, but down by SAIT. They say you do not need work experience but they won't bring you in if they don't see you have some experience. Very prejudice, won't bring you in for an interview if they don't like your name, where you're from, if they don't like you're previous jobs, don't hire males because "clients are comfortable with males in their home" and "They're more likely to steal." You don't get driving pay, and only make commission (20% if you're driver). If you want money, go work at McDonalds, at least you are able to advance in their establishment.
Pros
The clients were sweethearts (usually)
Cons
No benefits, no paid travel time, not allowed to stop between houses, etc.
If I could give this a zero I would
Assistant House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON29 January 2019
Worst manager I have ever had, this company will tell you in the interview that they care for their employees and value family but thats a lie. If you like long hours with next to nothing pay and being worked and talked to like a dog this is the place for you!! You get strongarmed into being a driver, you get yelled at for everything and it will turn you suicidal.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
literally everything
Great experience
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 January 2019
I’ve worked at Molly maid in Burlington for two years as a route manager, and I I love my job and all that it entails. Hard work is recognized and rewarded by both management and the satisfied customers. What a great feeling it is to hear a customer tell you that they’re so happy with your work and they can’t wait for your team to come back. You’re more then just a cleaner to a lot of the customers as you get to know them and their families. The animals are a bonus. In my experience management has been supportive of many situations often offering advice and guidance and providing me with opportunities to succeed. Working for Molly maid has allowed me to grow personally, learn from my mistakes, meet new people, work unsupervised with a partner, and make more then minimum wage. I love not being stuck in the same building all day . Added bonuses for route managers are company vehicles for personal use after work. Assistants get picked up and do not have to worry about how they will get to work without a vehicle. This is a perfect full time day job that pays weekly. I highly recommend working here.
Pros
No evenings or weekends, weekly pay, steady full time work, car/drive
No weekends!
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC18 December 2018
Day time shift and always home for dinner!
(8:00am-5:00pm) Never work weekends and Never work night shifts!

Can receive company vehicle BONUS!

Happy customers & leaving there homes looking good and smelling good !

My partner and I do a A+ job and see the benefits of it!
Pros
appreciative customers
Cons
somtimes tiring
Unprofessional
Maid (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 December 2018
Cleaning homes is hard on the body everyday, what made it worse was the office staff members. Unhelpful, unprofessional, immature, and overall just a horrible place to work.
Very unethical
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2018
your pay is never what you expect always missing money, Christmas time manager demands tips co-workers believe manager skims from pay cheques, always threatened that you can be replaced no compliments or encouragement for the hard work to much favoritism
Pros
Had a car to use
Cons
Treated unfairly, not payed what is owed to you
Positive
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 August 2018
I have been on the Molly team for a while. There are so many benefits like being able to have breaks in between houses, not having a superior watching over your every move, and although youre cleaning every day, your day is always changing, not repetitive. Great work environment with a pay check at the end of every week!
Pros
No weekends, no boss hovering ove you, company vehicle
Butlington molly maid managment. Where do i begin.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON15 August 2018
The worst company to work for period. It all starts with the current and only manager, by far the most selective and emotionally unstable person to ever be in a leadership role. Management treats their employees like a disposable camera but demand full ability from us. They will literally do anything to make the customer happy at the employees expense. They don't give you proper equipment for each job, they don't train you properly, they have no respect for employees and are completely incompetent to manage a company. The equipment they do give us is reused at every house, and yes including toilet brushes because management is to cheap to update there stock of equipment. You get paid peanuts compared to what managment does and they don't even do their job properly. New hires quit within a week because they can't believe how much you have to work for so little, while being treated like a caged animal by management. No breaks, no lunch, your required to do that while you drive to the next house, which by the way you don't even get paid for the window time! Ridiculous. I would not recommend ever working for burlington molly maid.
Pros
If your suicidal this job is for you.
Cons
If you love life don't work here.
Great work for moms!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON14 August 2018
Love the hours, transportation is provided, co workers are very easy going and pleasant to work with! Must be hardworking and enjoy cleaning.
I find it much better than a fast food restaurant. Days go fast because you are always working looking forward to my future with Molly maid thank you for the opportunity
Pros
Great working hours, transportation provided, productive
Cons
Physically demanding
Current Employee with Burlington Franchise
Route Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON11 August 2018
I have been working for Molly Maid in Burlington for a total of about 4 years now. I enjoy my job, I get a long great with my partner (management is good with making sure you get along with your partner because teamwork is important making sure work is balanced and keeping customers satisfied). So here’s my list to narrow it down before I ramble.

Pros
1. Your not stuck in one place all day
2. Cleaning is PROVEN to be therapeutic
3. It keeps me active and fit
4. Weekly pay is very BENEFICIAL
5. Weekends Off
6. Strong bond with management
7. You get a raise quickly if they see the hard work being put in
8. Management trusts you

Cons
1. Each day varys on when you will be home (sometimes a team needs help and I do not mind)

OVERALL, I see a lot of negative reviews on here and I will say if I was not happy with working for Molly Maid I would not have been commited with them for 4 years. Every company you work for is going to have their nicks and crannies you just gotta find what’s best suitable for you and your interest. If you enjoy cleaning and want to stay active by not sitting for 8 hours a day then Molly Maid is for you. Apply today :)
Worst job I’ve ever had
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 July 2018
The work it’s self isn’t that awful if you have way too much energy and like to be in pain constantly. Most of the customers treat you like a slave. The worst part by far is the management. They have no respect for you, your beyond under paid. Your told you can get new partners if you don’t get along with them but that’s not true. The management tosses you around like nothing and expects respect from you when they don’t give you any. Have the stomach flu? That’s okay you can still clean two more houses before you go home but your not allowed to be sick in customers homes so make sure you hold your puke in.

I’ve never had a job that made me wish I wanted to die as much as this one.

DONT APPLY HERE THE MANAGEMENT SUCKS
Cons
Some days hard and some are easy
Housekeeper/Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GA19 July 2018
Bad management with a, bad attitude. They will hire you. Expect to be sent home after you wait to see if you will work that day. Favoritism is ongoing and management is very disorganized and sometimes rude
Pros
weekends and weekly pay
Cons
Disorganized and rude management
Do not work here
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 April 2018
Absolutely horrible place to work they expect ridiculous things for no appreciation and little money , absolutely back breaking work with no room for error if they have an issue instead of dealing with it they send in there little spies to repeat anything you say , management is sloppy and very rude bordering on aggressive, I would never recommend this place not even to my worst enemy by far the worst place I have ever had the displeasure of being at.
An absolute horror show
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Less like a house cleaner and more like a personal servant / health care aid position with some of the things they make you do for customers. Half of the people i worked with were complete sociopaths / criminals / drug addicts. Driving around in unsafe cars, cleaning houses of people who threatened us, were sent into unsafe situations with dangerous customers, owner doesn't care and will do ANYTHING to keep a customer and keep money coming in. Work here if you enjoy being threatened, insulted, and used as a work horse while making mere pennies. I'd work a 14 hour day sweating my face off and get paid for four hours.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molly Maid. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8