Molly Maid Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 April 2018
Absolutely horrible place to work they expect ridiculous things for no appreciation and little money , absolutely back breaking work with no room for error if they have an issue instead of dealing with it they send in there little spies to repeat anything you say , management is sloppy and very rude bordering on aggressive, I would never recommend this place not even to my worst enemy by far the worst place I have ever had the displeasure of being at.
An absolute horror show
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Less like a house cleaner and more like a personal servant / health care aid position with some of the things they make you do for customers. Half of the people i worked with were complete sociopaths / criminals / drug addicts. Driving around in unsafe cars, cleaning houses of people who threatened us, were sent into unsafe situations with dangerous customers, owner doesn't care and will do ANYTHING to keep a customer and keep money coming in. Work here if you enjoy being threatened, insulted, and used as a work horse while making mere pennies. I'd work a 14 hour day sweating my face off and get paid for four hours.
Awesome place to work
ROUTE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa West, ON21 March 2018
Very fun place to work if you like to clean. The people I worked with took me under their wing and taught me a lot in a short amount of time. Wages are competitive and hard work is noticed and appreciated.
Great employer
Residential Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Keswick, ON24 February 2018
Great place to work, I had a great team of girls who knew how to work together efficiently and the company paid for travel time and also gave me use of a company car
A physically demanding job
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 February 2018
Molly Maid is a busy and well run company. Hard work and long hours, but lots of of encouragement and incentive from management. Must enjoy hard work and busy schedules.
As long as your team memeber and you mesh well you'll be fine.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON6 February 2018
Depending on where your first house is located, start times can differ. Expected to have houses done in 1hr ( even if they're massive). A lot of time is basically driving to each house, which your not paid for. You eat while traveling to the houses.
Pros
Cons
A lot of wasted time driving. Not paid for commute to each house. Bosses can be quite ignorant.
Team worker productive reliable
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 January 2018
My experience working with Molly.maid was a pleasure awesome team and more awesome boss amazing team players and very good service I would enjoy working with them again
High paced steady job
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 December 2017
The Molly maid staff is a bunch of very lovely, hard working people. The lady's in the office are especially welcoming. The Work itself is high paced and manual labor, repetitive tasks that are hard on your body. You carry lots of equipment and clean roughly five houses a day. A steady five day work week.
Embarrassment of a Company
Assistant (Former Employee) –  BC6 December 2017
This is the first company, in my life, I am not adding to my resume as past employment because I was absolutely APPALLED by the treatment and am now embarrassed to say I ever represented this company. They have zero concern for their employees and have the most disorganized and disrespectful management team. A typical work day should have been 8:30-5 upon my first interview. By the first day, I was told to be ready for 7:45 to head to the clean. Most "full" days turning up to end between 12pm and 3pm. The driving isn't properly compensated and the routes set out for each team cost them most in driving than it's worth, leaving them late for most appointments and close to an hour early for others. The only good thing is they SOMEHOW manage to have hired an incredibly kind and humble team that just goes with whatever is thrown at them each week. I would never suggest Molly Maids services to my worst enemy as I wouldn't want them to endure the wrath of the office, should they be a little picky/human.
Pros
Working Alone, Driving is always neat.
Cons
No Music, Passengers Uninsured in Vehicle, Awful Management
Horrible work place
House Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC8 November 2017
Some days you work 9hrs and sometimes 4hrs. Promised way more pay than given, managers show little trust or appreciation to employees, managers have no idea how to actually manage a company and they don’t care about their employees. You have to fight to get paystubs and if u try to quit they will try to get away with not giving you your last pay check.
Pros
Work with nice employees (not managers)
Cons
Low pay and horrible managers and bosses
only good for a second job
Former employee (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 October 2017
poor pay for the type of physical work you are required to do, construction clean ups before someone moves in usually require 3 or 4 staff, so pay has to be divided between 3 or 4 of you, if your lucky you each will make 24.00 dollars for a 4 hour job. of physical labour.

vacuums used are household up rights usually with hoses duc taped, as they are not built for this type of use and fall apart. They dislike you taking time off for a dr. appointment. they dont care.

you get picked up from home from route manager and dropped off.

Uniform, shirts with logo are supplied usually you're allowed two. Blue pants you buy.

Jobs where you have to go back to because client is not satisfied are not paid out to you.

You have to eat in your car, no time for breaks,

Clients scheduled are close together, 15 minutes usually allowed to go from client to client.

No benefits.

Scheduler is a great person to talk to. Boss more interested in making money for herself and company .

Supplies used are non toxic.
Pros
good for a second part time job if you work nights elswhere
Cons
poor pay, $ 12.00 Hour, No Benefits, No lunch breaks
Works with one person works well together
House Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 October 2017
Over all its not for everyone but works great for me just the physical strain on body hard, can be difficult to request time off. Love the customers enjoy seeing them
Hard work and not much money involved for those whom aren't the route manager!
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 September 2017
Hard work, long hours, little pay (for those whom aren't a route manager) , poor/rude management.
Could be compared to slave labor due to the long labor intensive hours that you have nothing to show for but a small cheque and no will to spend it due to aching bones.
If you're looking for a job that allows you to have a life outside of work than this is not for you!
Pros
Pick up/drop off. Company car (if route manager). Lots of hours.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, back-breaking work, poor management.
Good part-time job for young family
Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 September 2017
Great experience for those who are looking to gain as a supervisor or administrative/accounting position.

Staff was very friendly and customers loyal to their teams.

A bit of a turn over in staff due to the nature of the job.
I don't know how this job has a three star rating
Maid (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 September 2017
Management is unpleasant and unorganized, hours never steady, pay is horrible, expectations too high, disgusting houses to clean, employee turn over rate is incredibly high because of how bad it is working at the Burlington location, we were cleaning houses with black mold and given attitude about how long it took to clean it, they only care about the money.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Absolutely everything
Cleaning (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON19 August 2017
Typical day
Traveling all day
I learned how to work with lots if people many different chemicals
It was ok a lot of the times it didn't seem rite
The hardest part of the job
Nothing really
Enjoyable part of the job
Keeping busy and satisfied customers
Pros
Helpng people
Cons
The people i worked with
Productive place to work for
Home cleaner (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 August 2017
Good place to work for has benefits work lots of hours. Great staff to work with. She appreciates the little things that you do to please the customers.
it was a very clean job
Maid (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 July 2017
this job was a good first time job. the only bad thing that i didn't like was having to carry all the equipment in and out of the places we were cleaning.
Pros
ok wage
Cons
not a 40 hour week
Molly maid
Cleaner full time (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 July 2017
I work for this company for a year I worked up until I had due with my first son. Long hours but they are great hours. No weekends or evenings it was a perfect full time
Position. I think the hourly rate could have been a little
Higher
Pros
Great hours.
Cons
Hard work
By far the most discouraging place I have ever experienced
Maid (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON3 July 2017
No Breaks!!! Oh you get your break in the car while travelling between houses. Eat lunch in car or on side of road before or after cleaning a house.
Minimum wage I never saw a commission/ tips the other maids kept my tips.
Management poorly organized/unprofessional/I never met my Boss oh once I waved to her from the car.
Management will send you up to an hour of travel without pay because you do not get paid until you start cleaning your first house.We have been sent to wrong houses and do not get paid for this lack of communication.
Employee turn over rate is extremely high.
Fast pace/unrealistic expectations/
Work with Molly Maid not my recommendation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Molly Maid. Our community is ready to answer.