Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte

Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte Employee Reviews

Opportunity to work with the community members of the Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory, also having the ability to make a difference within our community. Working with the public
Pros
Working with the Community
Cons
Rate of Pay
I enjoyed working for MBQ but found that it was sometimes difficult to get answers. Everyone is very supportive and will help out when required. Some days good and some days not so good.
Is a welcoming place to work with a very kind community. Each department is great and knowledgeable. There is a movement to head towards Indigenous learning and content of the program.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for my community over the last six years on and off through contracts but unfortunately they do not have the funding to properly hire employees with benefits or pension incentives and therefore contracts were only available during those last six years, otherwise I would have wanted to stay being employed with them.
Pros
Close to home. Cultural environment
Cons
Not enough incentive. Benefits Funding etc
I enjoyed working as Front Desk Receptionist for the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte at the Band Office. I interacted with many members of the community as well as Chief and Council.
I do enjoy the people I work with. And there are some benefits of travelling to get more training. That is a bonus. I do like that it is work within my own community and helping my own people.
I totally enjoyed working at the Community Wellbeing Centre, and learned a lot more about what services we have to offer our community members. We really do have a wonderful territory, and seniors and children are the focus of most of the services. I enjoyed it very much because it allowed me to help others within the community with dignity, and compassion and understanding. It also provides a sense of belonging as well. The employees I worked with are wonderful, and open and friendly and I really miss them all. It felt very much a family.
Pros
Close to home, and community based
Cons
Contract ended due to not enough financing available
Overall my review with working under MBQ with the Tehatikhontontie Head Start was great. The staff was very friendly and easy to work with. The environment was very relaxed and well structured that made a day to day 40 hour work week very easy to work at. I really enjoyed leaning more to how kids react to certain activities and surroundings.
I have and am still learning a great deal. Making sure that the businesses are running properly. Solving problems. Management is great and co workers are extremely helpful. The best part is when I can go to the local businesses and communicate with them
Pros
flexiblity with my home schedule
Cons
hours dont fit
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte?