Mohawk College

Mohawk College Employee Reviews

Great place ro work

The people are fantastic to work with. The management staff cares about three people under them. The culture is great. They believe in lifetime learning.

Pros

The people

No respect, pays well

If you are support staff or contract, you will not be respected by your peers or treated well. There is little room for advancement unless you are in management. The "Mohawk Family" thing does not vibe with me. There is an unspokenness that you should always be thinking about Mohawk and doing work even when you are not on the clock. It does pay well if you can look past everything else.

Pros

Pay, flexible during Covid

Cons

Management, work environment, no room for advancement

What a joke

I was asked to fill a much needed role, and accepted under the premise that I would be having a child and would need to take parental leave. All was accepted and I began my role. Went off on parental and then all of a sudden I needed to re apply for my role because the title had changed. Then I was replaced (still on parental leave) with a less qualified person who didn't last very long. Most of the management there had/ have no idea what they are doing.

Pros

Cons

Terrible Management

Great experience

First time ever in a teaching environment and I was happy to have the opportunity to do so. My prerequisites for coq in current field. The interview went well and I've been called back since. It's too bad there wasn't a full-time position opening up.

Pros

Freedom to deliver content

Cons

Upper management poor communication

Evolving and free flowing

As a Social Media Ambassador, I was able to support the Open House activities by attending events and taking photos, preparing descriptions for the activities and submitting them to the marketing department for later use.

Great centre for education.

Great centre for education. Was a student here. Professors are experienced and go the extra mile to help students prepare for their careers. Would highly recommend.

All great people to work with

Great place to work. A good variety of experience if you like a challenge. The hours are great, weekends off. Relaxed but busy atmosphere. Great co workers and bosses.

Pros

Great bosses & employees

Cons

An abundance of time off

Mohawk

Worked there while going to school. Great people great job. Very flexible working conditions. People went out of their way to make sure you succeeded at the job. Had a ton of fun. Wish I could get something permanent!

Good place to work, friendly relaxed atmosphere,

• Flexible manager 5/5 • long-term project work allows for substantial learning • sometimes work staff left to their own devices without adequate support

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

contract pay is too low

Great job opportunity for Mohawk students

The CSEP program at Mohawk College is great as it allows students to work 15 hours a week maximum in order to balance their work-school ratio. Once you have developed a relationship with your employer your chances of getting re-hired once your contract ends are high.

Pros

On Campus, reasonable hours for students

Cons

I did not get to stay as long as I would have liked to

The company is good to work for.

Be aware of other college professionals who belittle you because your lack of experience. They want you to worship them. Just pretend you do that and everything will be fine. Some professors do not have diplomas. Not the same page when it comes to collaboration with them.

Fun and friendly environment to work with relaxed atmosphere

I have learnt many things about working as a designer collaborating with others in a very friendly and balanced work culture. There has been a lot to do everyday since we covered design work for all around the college, but it was manageable and enjoyable.

Great place

Easy paced. Not much pressure. Clearly laid out goals and work duties. Supervisor is pretty cool. get to interact with a lot of teachers and other staff members.

Much work but rewarding experience

Working at Mohawk College required significant preparation in order to present a comprehensive package to todays students. The work is rewarding in the thanks you get both from students and management, and the knowledge that you impart to the students.

Great company to work for.

I really enjoyed my time with this employer, I learned so much and and was sad when the program came to an end. I would recommend this employer to anyone.

Nice and quiet place to work.

Typical day: Nice and quiet place to work. Learned: Programs standards and programs mapping. Managed: Information and data of Mohawk and other colleges

Great!

I worked here as a faculty member for one semester. It was my first time teaching and the faculty was very helpful. The only drawback is that the workload may be high depending on the course.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Workload can be high depending on the course

Best school in town

Best school in town, well-qualified staff. A very disciplined work and education environment. Great teamwork. Great work culture. supportive staff.

Shop tech support systems

I enjoyed working there while I was in college it helped alot financially and would highly recommend it to anyone else that would like to work there thanks n have a wonderful day

good for student

good way for a student to make money while being in school, as well to help the student and teacher to exchange knowledge and thoughts on where they can advance

Top notch

I would definitely recommend it, I am very fortunate to work with them. Even though it is a part time job, it is very competitive to get in. I have felt welcome since day one

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mohawk College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2