Mohawk College

Mohawk College Employee Reviews

Canada157 reviews
Worked there while going to school. Great people great job. Very flexible working conditions. People went out of their way to make sure you succeeded at the job. Had a ton of fun. Wish I could get something permanent!
• Flexible manager 5/5

• long-term project work allows for substantial learning

• sometimes work staff left to their own devices without adequate support
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
contract pay is too low
The CSEP program at Mohawk College is great as it allows students to work 15 hours a week maximum in order to balance their work-school ratio. Once you have developed a relationship with your employer your chances of getting re-hired once your contract ends are high.
Pros
On Campus, reasonable hours for students
Cons
I did not get to stay as long as I would have liked to
Be aware of other college professionals who belittle you because your lack of experience. They want you to worship them. Just pretend you do that and everything will be fine.

Some professors do not have diplomas. Not the same page when it comes to collaboration with them.
I have learnt many things about working as a designer collaborating with others in a very friendly and balanced work culture. There has been a lot to do everyday since we covered design work for all around the college, but it was manageable and enjoyable.
Easy paced. Not much pressure. Clearly laid out goals and work duties. Supervisor is pretty cool. get to interact with a lot of teachers and other staff members.
Working at Mohawk College required significant preparation in order to present a comprehensive package to todays students. The work is rewarding in the thanks you get both from students and management, and the knowledge that you impart to the students.
Typical day: Nice and quiet place to work.
Learned: Programs standards and programs mapping.

Managed: Information and data of Mohawk and other colleges
I worked here as a faculty member for one semester. It was my first time teaching and the faculty was very helpful. The only drawback is that the workload may be high depending on the course.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Workload can be high depending on the course
Best school in town, well-qualified staff.
A very disciplined work and education environment.

Great teamwork. Great work culture. supportive staff.
I enjoyed working there while I was in college it helped alot financially and would highly recommend it to anyone else that would like to work there thanks n have a wonderful day
good way for a student to make money while being in school, as well to help the student and teacher to exchange knowledge and thoughts on where they can advance
I would definitely recommend it, I am very fortunate to work with them. Even though it is a part time job, it is very competitive to get in. I have felt welcome since day one
Mohawk College tended to need their professors on a ‘Sessional’ basis which meant they were only hired for one or two semesters after which they had to be furloughed for at least one semester....this was implemented by the Union to force the college to hire part time instructors on a full time basis....
I was a student working here during the school year part time and full time during the summer. I enjoyed my time working here and the people were great. Working here got me more comfortable with doing administrative work which prepared me for my future career.
It was a fun experience working at Mohawk College. The work environment was very inclusive and I felt a sense of accomplishment as everyone was working towards the same goal.
I would say they're not the friendliest of management but you fake it to get through the few hours you have to work with them. Best to just keep to yourself.
It is a great place to work for!! I would highly recommend it if you have the chance to work there!! The staff and stun dents are a pleasure to be around,

The atmosphere at the college is great and I am proud to say I work there!!
From day one there was a clear divide between management and everyone else. New ideas are encouraged but quickly shot down and then expected once again. Senior Management works very closely together and expect a lot from coordinators, graphic designers and web developers. Lots of closed doors. Shortly after leaving, it was evident many other departments thought negatively of this department as well. Because of my experience I would never recommend working at Mohawk College or applying to another position within the College. It's a shame.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management and CMO
I attended Mohawk College in Hamilton, Ontario whilst the wife was working.
Graduated in October 2018. Whilst studying I worked part time at the Mattamy Velodrome as Coach / Mechanic
Pros
Great Professors
Cons
Expensive
I had a contract position so I was only there about 4 weeks, good place to work at, friendly staff, this particular position was one where everyone was looking for other jobs at the same time so it was really flexible if you needed to leave a bit early or you found another job that started while you were still on this job at Mohawk. Everyone was super appreciative of any help you provided so it made you want to be helpful