Moeller Precision Tool Employee Reviews

Not good
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TN21 July 2019
Not good place to work ,
Learned a lot with CNC machines up set and operated,
Not good management,
Doesn’t have workplace culture,
Absolute the hardest part of the job,
There was not enjoyable part of the job
Hostile work environment
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MI19 July 2019
The managers are at war with each other. You’re constantly watching out to not get yelled at for random insignificant things. The managers don’t even know how to run the machines that they are in charge of, and they act like they know how to do everything. The co-workers are the only thing that makes this job worth staying.
Clean prduction based shop
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TN30 May 2019
Not a terrible place to work, the biggest problem that reappears again and again is the lack of communication between sales, engineering and the shop floor. 9 hour shift with only a 30 minute unpaid lunch and no breaks. Expected to stand all day and supply most of your own tools. Depending on your position Saturdays may be expected
Pros
Clean environment, Climate controlled, good healthcare
Cons
Short lunch brake, 9 hour shift, no sitting, bring your own tools
Cut throght
Set-up Machinist / OKK HMC and VMC Mills (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TN15 January 2019
Nice Machines, Great tooling, nice shop, clean shop, pore inspection dept. Repetitive; Same thing over and over. Management's kewl, Cutthroat crew, everybody blames everybody else.
Pros
Clean shop
Cons
Repetitive
A great place to jump start a manufacturinng career
MILLING (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MI27 November 2018
all things considered it is a good place to work. However, there are some critical things that cause turnover at a rapid rate. Moeller Precision tool is a great place to start out a manufacturing career.
Long hours, Disloyal Management
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MI21 July 2018
Moeller treats its employees just like the numbers they assign to them. Management at moeller focus on finding fault. Fixing parts and processes are not as important to management as finding a person or persons to blame for mistakes.
Pros
time off around christmas
Worked to DEATH
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MI15 January 2018
While it is union and you get paid very well you get absolutely tortured with hours. I worked 11-13 hours every. Single. Day. When I first joined I knew nothing about CNC, they taught me terribly at the Wixom plant in Michigan. Terrible place. If the hours weren’t so terrible, I’d still be there today but no way is my work-life balance getting thrown under the bus and being turned into a zombie everyday.
Pros
Pay, union
Cons
Short breaks, terrible teaching skills regarding CNC, unbelievably long hours.
Great company that takes pride in employees
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MI6 November 2017
They love to see their employees succeed and move up. A lot of ways to move up and around in the company if you are hard working and dedicated! Great family oriented work place.
Management sucks
Mavhinist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TN4 October 2017
I was brought in higher than other because experience hands down. Was told one thing and it never happened screwed me out of my original position. Then hours were cut left and right letting others come in for more hours. Had to wait and almost clock in late cause night shift supervisor doesn't take his job serious. Had to go to another worker just to get things rolling but just couldn't get things worked out in time
Pros
Co-workers, doughnuts
Cons
2nd is forgot about, management
ok people bad management
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TN16 July 2017
Set unrealistic goals for production. If your not hitting production they don't want you if you are hitting production and your scrap is high they don't want you ether. Management is out of touch with the way a machine shop is supposed to work and the head of the company says he's worked in a machine shop but I highly doubt he's done any machine work for a long time.
Pros
medical insurance
Cons
Dont pay any extra for working nights
Horrible working environment!
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MI30 March 2017
The worst working environment I've ever experienced! There's far too many things wrong with this company to list. I can definitely try to cover the basics though.

(1) Management
The very first thing I'd like to touch down on is the fact that when I do a Google search, I find reviews written by company executives and management. They're actually reviewing themselves and trying to shine a positive light on their terrible behavior and treatment of employees.

That in and of itself is a glimpse into what this company is truly like. Upper management doesn't look for, or seek out true leadership qualities, or management potential. What they actually look for are "Yes Men". Out of all the leadership in this company, only one man stands out as a truly decent human being that cares about his fellow employees. But now the rumor in the shop is, he's not doing too well with upper management. Reason being? Because he treats employees with dignity and respect..

Furthermore, they have absolutely no education program in place to ensure proper leadership or management skills are learned. Again, all they want are Yes men who allow themselves, and their individual departments to be poorly micromanaged.

(2) Union
This Union is all but destroyed. There's absolutely no cohesion amongst employees, and our union representatives are bribed, and bought out almost immediately by upper management. We pay two hours per month in Union dues to a union that has absolutely no solidarity, or power inside of this shop. Union stewards will tell you to your face they're doing everything they can,
  more... but in reality we know they do the absolute bare minimum.

(3) Politics
Sure, with every shop there's going to be some degree of politics. Well let me tell you, this shop is extremely ridiculous. This place is like high school on meth. The back biting, and infighting is on a level that I have never experienced in any professional environment before.
Pros
Overtime, Holidays, Vacation, Gratis days. UAW.
Cons
Mandatory 10-hour shifts 5 days a week, only one 30 minute break per day. Occasional mandatory Saturdays. Extremely subpar benefits package, low and uncompetitive wages for the field.
Awful company
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MI21 March 2017
They give praise to people that don't know how to work. And that miss a lot of time. Neglect those that are deserving. Looooooong days with no breaks and a short unpaid lunch. Never work for this company!
Pros
Cons
Too many
Great Company with advancement possibilites
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TN21 February 2017
MWS/Moeller Precision Tool is a terrific company to work for, with plenty of room for advancement. I have worked at Moeller for 17 plus years, and love being here. I see people enjoying what they do, learning every day, becoming more passionate about their work and forging wonderful friends along the way. Moeller is a family oriented company and they truly care about their employees.
Pros
Learning experiences; room for advancement; great team
Working at Moeller Precision Tool
Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MI26 January 2017
I joined the company under a year ago at an entry level position and was told in my interview there would be opportunities for advancement, which is something that is very important to me. I have now been promoted multiple times and all levels of management have been very good about noticing hard work and rewarding it. I feel that I am a valued employee. They have steady work hours with lots of opportunity for overtime. There pay rate is on the lower side but still competitive, though there is a lack of vacation and sick time.
Pros
Work life balance, Hours
Cons
Lack of vacation/sick time
Inconsistent to a fault.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MI24 December 2016
Immense lack of work instructions, print consistency and standards resulting in many differences in interpretation, quality issues, employee doubt, frustration and disappointment due to vagueness.
Pros
Union benefits, nice coworkers.
Cons
Self explanatory.
Great Place to Work!
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TN1 December 2016
I've been with the company for nearly 3 years. Started in an entry level position, was told in my interview that opportunities for advancement existed. I worked hard and those opportunities were granted. Family oriented. Laid back management. Everyone is a family! Great people to work for! Excited for the growth that has came and continues to come!
Pros
Laid back environment. Caring management.
Cons
Workload can get overwhelming.
Good compensation for good work
Lead Janitor (Current Employee) –  Wixom, MI28 November 2016
I started at an entry level position and I have worked my way into management. This is a very fair, honest, and open company. As long as you work hard, they are willing to give you opportunities.
Stay away
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MI10 November 2016
This place is crazy. Hired me as entry level and then proceeded to treat me like I had been doing the job for 15 years. Crazy over your shoulder management, low wages, long hours, NO BREAKS.
Crazy, crazy, crazy
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TN7 November 2016
Management called me for interview, I called back to set up an interview &got drilled from a lady that didn't have anything to do with th the hiring process asking me what position I was applying for where I'm from, and she wouldn't even transfer me to the manger that called me. I'm like can i leave a message on his voicemail he asked me to call him back, she's like NO I'll give him the message. I basically got integrated by his female pit bull about where I'm from highly unprofessional and aggressive that should've been the first red flag...I get up there and now all of a sudden you have to program the mazak machine. I said I have no problem learning that but no where in the job description- on indeed says anythingabout programing & you seen my resume online it never mention anything about me programmin, you mention that during the call...I drove 2hrs just to be blackballed for $15 per hour, then they try to feed me the line... well u get in here prove what you can do and we will increase your pay in 90 days, needless to say I turned the position down ...they try to intimidate you & offer to pay u a low wage... I do not recommend this place at all.....this was interview was 2months ago and it doesn't surprise they haven't filled the position yet😂😂
Pros
Climate control
Cons
Dealing with the crazy
Great company, with a bright future
V.P. Operations (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MI6 November 2016
Moeller Precision Tool is a great company to work for, with a bright future for those who choose to work there. I worked for Moeller for 29 years, and was promoted throughout the course of my career and enjoyed most of my time there, but as with any job there are ups and downs, most of which were up in my case; given the opportunity, I would still be there giving it my all each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moeller Precision Tool. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9