Modu-Loc Fence Rentals

Modu-Loc Fence Rentals Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Great place to work and make money over the summer. Allowed me to move up fairly quickly from "right seat" to "driver" to "event coordinator"

Provided me with training needed to advance.
Honestly, no other review should matter other than this one. This place is the worst. Management is a joke and will push you until you have no more left in the tank. They expect you to do more and continue to take on extra responsibilities but don’t reward you for it. Don’t even bother!
Modu-Loc prides itself on its people and service.
they are as friendly internally with their staff as they are externally with their clients.

when viewed through a microscope, teams from across Canada, though seem different, are actually very similar in the way that they are proud to part of such a wonderful organization. all its members regardless of role or seniority, care deeply about one another.

even if this sounds like some pink colored glass talk. walk into any one of their depots and witness it yourself.
Pros
caring and teamwork environment
Cons
days can get long in peak season
I couldn't be happier to work at a great company like Modu-Loc. Anything that is needed to get the job done is done with no questions asked. Staff are always taken care of, whether a thank you note or being recognised for a job well done or making sure that jobs are going well and that everyone is doing okay as a person. The culture is amazing with so much support and employees having a voice. Busy season is busy but it wasn't a surprise as this was explained to me in great detail. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it doesn't feel like a job.. great management, coworkers, customers along with the fact that every day is different. The core values that Modu-Loc has aren't just there to be seen; they truly walk the walk and talk the talk.
Pros
Amazing people, lots of opportunity to make it what you want
This place had some good people, most of them act as your friend but then talk bad about you when you are nowhere in sight. The management and logistics were a joke, they couldn't communicate with each other which led to problems, but it was always the workers fault. We were put into dangerous situations and they didn't seem to care, they would have us spend about 10 to 15 hours a day working. You have zero time for your own life outside of work. this place was not fun to work at at all. The only good thing about the place was the long drives.
Pros
They had coffee
Cons
to many to list
Great place to work and always learning new ways to improve our situation as temp fence installation specialist .Safety culture is a priority for Moduloc because it is one of the core values.This company has done major events as big as the olympics to small construction sites throughout Canada and United states.
Pros
group lunches and bbq.Group building outings, free ice cream and freezies in summer.
Cons
lots of overtime in summer hours
Put up and take down temporary fencing in various locations, Travel from hamilton-London. Maintaining the fence panels using a mig welder. Always maintaining a safe work environment by keeping Health and Safety at the top of my mind.
Looks good from a far, but far from good. They are very secretive about their business. They won't give you firm info to do your job. They'll probably short you money at some point, but will blame you for it.
Pros
Growing company, can move up quickly
Cons
Always looking out for themselves.
- Aide à installer et à désinstaller des clôtures sur un site de construction et d'évènements
- Plusieurs fonctions à occuper
Pros
Articles dérivés, Extra heures payés et augmentés
company doens't respect employees and is not loyal to them- great line of work ! fun with great challenge but not much direction by management
Pros
interesting business
Cons
short term length of employment for most
On an average day I will go into the shop and I am given an assigned job. I am one of the employees licensed to drive commercial vehicles so I will be assigned an assistant. I have learned various leadership qualities and event planning methods. I use constant communication to ensure an organized and efficient event set up and take down. The most difficult part of the job is adjusting to a schedule without routine. This job requires employees to be on call during nights and weekends in case repair is needed with an onsite employee. The most enjoyable part of the job is attending events. Modu-loc is contracted to many festivals and major events in and around the city. The hours are demanding, but it is enjoyable to be outdoors and planning exciting, fast paced events.
I obtained my forklift license through this company I enjoyed my cowoworkers ,the pay and the advancements ,the hardest part was probably the conditions like winter and summer but that was also the perks you can be outside in beautiful parts of southwestern Ontario
Typical day:boring
Thing I learned:nothing

Management:sucked

Co-workers:good

Hardest day: deal with senior mangement

Best day: leaving
Pros
Cons
Lots
Easy job but you never really know when you work. Can't plan things in the summer. Winters suck