MODERN SALES CO-OP

Warehouse Associate8 reviews
Canada8 reviews

jobworkdayplaceemployeecompanygreattime

Needs improvement

Overall I myself personally had a great experience working for this company the management team alway treated me with the upmost respect. However I do believe they need to take a real hard look at there permanent long term employees who are constantly bashing the company’s name and that has absolutely ruined the working environment making it very hard for new employees to adjust. There are also a lot of two faced asso’s in other words they are very jealous when someone new gets offered advancements they don’t qualify for. The salary isn’t great considering 95% of the work is very heavy lifting and non stop walking.Lots of overtime if you like to work

Pros

Great Management Team

Cons

Poor working environment

Fun, everyone nice, lunches and room for advancement

Nice company to work for, great opportunity. Weekends off, nice people, and treats. Hard work, standing , moving and lifting but overall fair.Fun place to work

Pros

Free lunches and birthday treats

Cons

Heavy lifting, standing and moving all day

Insights into MODERN SALES CO-OP

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Do not work here.

Do not work here!! This company will treat you like garbage. Everyone quits working there. Run out the door like everyone else does after one day or just a half of a day of working there !!

Pros

The double standards and favouritism may work out in your favour.

Cons

Company should be going out of business soon.

Fast paced, not stressful & enjoyable.

8.5 hour work days. Half hour lunch & two 15 minute breaks per shift. Vacation days increase upon completing anniversary levels (5 years, 10 years....). You can advance in the company if you have the skills and a positive work ethic. Many warehouse associates have advanced. As with any job, you get what you put into it. Health benefit package is great. $95 reimbursement for annual safety footwear purchase. 6 personal (sick) days given. $100 net incentive offered for each personal day not taken in a year. Christmas bonus, dependant on years of service, given in December. Free BBQ lunch given on each long weekend in the summer months. Free birthday cake each month to celebrate employee birthdays. Free Christmas party in December with dinner, cocktails, music & dancing, prizes & taxi there and back. 50/50 draw every 2 weeks offered by social committee. Employees can purchase any products the company carries at exceptional discounts. Busy times are generally spring and fall and can be challenging. Most of the people are enjoyable to work with. Drama does happen but is minimal and not tolerated. Management are accessible and easy to talk to.

To roxic

You could never voice your opinion and it felt like management was out to get you if you disagreed with them. I was comfortable there until management changed then going to work was a chore. NEVER work for the location in balzac in alberta there is no future there

Pros

N/a

Cons

Horrible management

Brutal

Low pay, no training, terrible management. There's no job security or advancement at this place. I watched multiple employees excel at their jobs, or break records regarding work scores be denied annual wage increases, I've seen people be fired immediately after parental leave. I've watched people with a work place injury do everything they can to recover to be terminated when they're deemed fit to work.

Pros

They follow the law and pay minimum wage

Cons

This section isn't large enough

Misguided management, no where to go, low wages.

Typical warehouse work, stocking, picking, shipping, etc. Main issue being that the wages are low for warehouse work, especially considering the majority of product in the place is automotive parts that are rather large and heavy. No pay increase for learning new departments or getting machinery licensing. Management is constantly changing rules and guidelines for different departments, and the changes get lost along the lines of communication from supervisors to the floor, causing lots of confusion. Feel very under valued and definitely not respected at work. Morale is always low and full time employees that have been there for a few years are now leaving due to the direction of the company. Lots and lots of temps come and go and seem to be replacing direct hire jobs. The only benefit with this place is you get 6 paid sick days a year and you have every weekend off.

One of the best jobs I have ever had

Modern Sales and the team that work there are pretty great. When I was hired they had a good training program, the leads worked with me to show me everything, and my coworkers gave me a hand getting up to speed. They do a lot for their employees like BBQ's and benefits and stuff. They have different shifts and are able to work with you if you need to move some things around. They are pretty flexible. They aren't union either which is great - if you actually do a good job you get rewarded, not just because you have been there for so many years. Over all just a really great place to work.

Pros

Great teamwork, understanding management, really good benefits, full time and consistent hours, no drama or high school behavior

Jobs at MODERN SALES CO-OP