MODERN SALES CO-OP Employee Reviews

Very poorly ran company
Slave (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON22 August 2019
This company was ridiculous to work for. There was one girl in there who was doing everything in her power to make me and a few others angry she even so much as went in my locker and cut my shoelaces. Management is miserable nobody ever smiles getting paid minimum wage as you work your butt off running up and down aisles searching for parts. There is little to no morale .. The smell of the place burns your nostrils. Nothing is where it should be. I could keep going but it isn't worth it.. I left after 2 months it was rhe worst job I EVER had!!
Brutal
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 August 2019
Low pay, no training, terrible management. There's no job security or advancement at this place. I watched multiple employees excel at their jobs, or break records regarding work scores be denied annual wage increases, I've seen people be fired immediately after parental leave. I've watched people with a work place injury do everything they can to recover to be terminated when they're deemed fit to work.
Pros
They follow the law and pay minimum wage
Cons
This section isn't large enough
Toxic environment
Associate - Canada (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB8 July 2019
Bad place to put roots into, Management is not respectful, nor understanding. (will talk bad about you when your back is turned)

Supervisor was great to work with, but wasn't supported at all, a lot of staff turnaround due to the lack of HR (is sub contracted out)
Pros
Cons
Long hours, poor setup
very kind honest people with good work ethic and strong willed individuals
Picker/Packer/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 April 2019
amazing place to work if you get the chance to work here take it although the pay isn't great its a fun environment with amazing people.
everyone loves to joke and laugh and listen to the radio while working its probably the best thing about working here and its kept extremely clean for warehouse environment
Pros
3 breaks great management safety and well being first
Cons
concrete floors, standing long periods of time and bad physically demanding
Productive, can be fun.
Shelf Stocker (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC25 March 2019
Relatively fast paced most of the day.
Calm and friendly culture.
Hardest Part of the job is heavy lifting.
I enjoyed being left alone to complete my tasks.
Pros
Amazing Employee Benefits
Cons
Rigid hours, only Full-time
Terrible place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON19 March 2019
Terrible place to work, everybody around you is miserable but can you blame them because there doing a extremely repetitive job, days are very long and boring, theres rude staff all over and nobody bothers to ask who you even are when you start working there. Cant throw everyone under the bus because there was a small few of very nice people but majority were rude misreable and disrespectful.
Run
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 March 2019
Don’t go near this place it is horribly mismanaged. Management is clueless and not helpful at all. Can’t honestly say it’s same at all DC’s but where I was you have to figure everything out on your own and then get yelled at if it’s wrong. And people always pass the buck never own up to their mistakes.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Great staff, great management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB2 September 2018
Fun place to work. Was part of the set-up crew.
Management took the time to train us properly and see where we best fit into the fold.

Great location(Balzac close to Cross Iron Mills)

Training is great as well
Pros
Easy job, not to stressful
Cons
Can get a little hectic
One of the best jobs I have ever had
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie Ontario24 August 2017
Modern Sales and the team that work there are pretty great. When I was hired they had a good training program, the leads worked with me to show me everything, and my coworkers gave me a hand getting up to speed.

They do a lot for their employees like BBQ's and benefits and stuff. They have different shifts and are able to work with you if you need to move some things around. They are pretty flexible. They aren't union either which is great - if you actually do a good job you get rewarded, not just because you have been there for so many years.

Over all just a really great place to work.
Pros
Great teamwork, understanding management, really good benefits, full time and consistent hours, no drama or high school behavior
Fun and yet product work
Billing Co-ordinator/ CustService/ Reception (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 September 2015
Fun, family oriented environment. Social functions outside work. The most enjoyable part of my job was multi functioning different jobs during the day. It was a challenge but always different. The days were busy therefore every day went by quickly. My co-workers were enjoyable to work with and management were easy to talk to.
Pros
pot lucks, free lunches, free products, deals