Modern PurAir

Modern PurAir Employee Reviews

Growing company with big goals and good cultural development.

The company is doing simple work but doing it right the first time and is dedicated to their customers. Their employees are well looked after and it's not hard to pull your weight to fulfill your roll.

Fantastic work environment with lots of opportunity

Great place to work and grow. This company treats you like family, and wants to see you succeed. Weekly meetings to talk about your progress, how you generally feel, and what can be done to tailor your role to keep you happy, positive, and successful. Team building events are scheduled regularly, and meeting goals through work are rewarded with gift cards, and free lunches for the whole team.I cannot express how grateful I am to have had the pleasure of working with this team of awesome, lovely people.

Pros

positive and down right happy work environment, variety of tasks to keep work from getting monotonous, casual dress code.

Cons

no jacuzzis

Best place I have every worked!

The team and culture at Modern PURAIR is amazing! High focus on developing the individuals within the team. This job is not the easiest as it engages and challenges you to grow everyday. If you are asleep at your current job everyday and are wanting to pursue something more this job is for you! You will develop a combination of technical skills, sales/business skills and teamwork. Becoming a IAQ technician means you have your own truck and customers, where you are the face of the business and your success is your responsibility. This job has helped to transform me and my life to be the best it has ever been. I highly recommend this company to everyone I know.

Pros

Pay that scales with your individual success, opportunity to grow and be promoted, team events and celebrations

Cons

Success comes with a price, laziness won't cut it here.

Great workplace

Great workplace environment, very supportive group of coworkers. Independent and group work at times. Sometimes can have long irregular hours but other times not.

Pros

Great work environment, growing company with positions opening, and profit sharing available to workers based on performance

Cons

At times long and irregular hours sometimes out of your control

Two faced corporation

I had worked for this company for nearly 7 years, I had worked there longer than any one person owned the franchise. The worst is when it was run as a corporate store. The only reason I worked there the last two years is because I was promised “sweat equity” and an opportunity to buy the franchise.. two years later, after talks of purchase, the head office goes ahead and sells it to some rando off the street. Employees are hardly recognized when everything is going well, but they will for sure notice your every mistake. I would not recommend working for this company, I would definitely not recommend buying into this crapshoot of a business

Pros

I drove a Mercedes for 7 years

Cons

Head office is run by a bunch of pompous eggheads

Mamas for Mamas and Purkids

I was let go from Modern Purair over a year ago. Although I believed (and still believe) it was unwarranted, I left in a peaceful manner. I never wrote any negative comments or reviews on ANY platform because at the time, it was important for me to respect their choice of letting me go. However, recently I ran into another former employee who described to me Purair’s behavior following my exit. And I’m now prompted to say something. If your employees fail, it is a direct reflection of your leadership. I encourage anyone who is exploring a career with Purair to be curious and ask questions about their turnover. And ask about what kind of measures they take to retain employees. Another thing.. at the time when I was let go, I was 5 months pregnant and hadn’t yet returned from Christmas holidays, when I was called into the branch for a meeting. In our meeting where they decided I wasn’t the right fit— I told management that I was only 20 hours away from qualifying for maternity leave and that it would be impossible for me to find work at this stage in my pregnancy. I was told that it was “my problem”. I find that incredibly ironic for a company that aligns themselves with the charitable organization Mamas for Mamas and has their own foundation Purkids. I should mention that I never violated their code of conduct or performed any serious offence where they required me to leave immediately. In fact, right before I left for holidays, we had a meeting to discuss my future and growth with the company— all positive. They could have offered me the option to do some menial, manual labor -

Pros

Fair compensation

Cons

Unprofessional behavior from management

Good for a pay cheque

You start off with little training then move up quick, doing big jobs that you have no idea what your doing. Low quality of work. I was told to "just get it done" and "make it look good" instead of doing a good quality job, they overbook everything and then you're rushed to do your job. On the plus side you get to drive a Mercedes.

Great Place To Work, Amazing Boss And Co -Workers

I would recommend this company as an employee or as a customer. The owners, management team, technicians and co-workers make Modern Purair, the best place to work. The team is more like a family. We work together for the benefit of the customers and all staff. Management is so friendly and they genuinely care about their employees. If there has ever been a negative review on this company, It was from a disgruntled employee, who did not do what was in their job description. I have been with the company for 6 months and I do not have one single complaint. I am proud to be an employee of Modern Purair!

Very Unprofessional

I would not recommend anyone to work at Modern PURAIR. They are sneaky, two faced people that only look out for themselves, and will throw you to the wolves as they see fit. They cheat their way through life and rip people off. Their poor customers, both commercial and residential have no idea either when they are getting taken for their money.

Pretty basic labour job

Once you reach the mark of technician there isn't much room to grow in the company. Not a bad job if you are reaching your profit sharing mark ( your bonus), but if not you are really making just over minimum wage. Even after the 3 months probation period you aren't guarantee'd work and can be let go at any time. Job security doesn't exist here.

Pros

company phone & ipad

Cons

working with harmful chemicals

Fulfilling work

Work days were always busy with the joys of meeting great clients. I learned how to better my customer service and think outside the box to problem solve, as well as how to manage my time during better to work efficiently. Management is very hands on with communication and aiding technicians with walkthroughs on commercial jobs. The workplace culture although small was good when you saw other technicians but as you work alone there was not much. The hardest part of the job would be some of the jobs tight spaces working with equipment, figure out some odd systems to ensure best quality work, and you can have some long and tiring days which does not leave much time for personal time. I enjoyed meeting the customers most as I was in there home for roughly 3 hours which gave room to have some great conversations with the clients.

Pros

Knowledge, Pay with profit sharing on all jobs.

Cons

Can have long days which doesn't leave a lot of time for personal.

Fun environment and team culture with good pay

Have been working here for six months and it has been the best job I have ever had. Profit sharing gives me a huge bonus on my cheque each month. Boss has shown me how I can move up within the company.

Great work enviroment

Friendly boss, your job was mainly just drilling and cleaning air ducts. The job was boring but the music made it great. I learned about building ventilation and structures, and reading blueprints to find them. The best part of the job was the hour long paid lunch every day.

Pros

long lunch, great work enviroment

Cons

not very competitive pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Modern PurAir. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement