Modern Niagara

Modern Niagara Employee Reviews

Canada49 reviews
Not impressed
For a company that claims to be 1 of Canada’s top 100 company’s to work for it is 0 in my books
Management is terrible

I was promised benefits afte 90 days I
Pros
Free coffee
Good Place to work
Lots of well Maintained tools and equipment
free swag

awesome x mas party

working for such a big company you tend to be a number on a paper than a person
Great company
Really good company to work for always kept me going. Great group of guys workers and management. Good planning all the way around never a dull moment
Great company!
Did a lot of filing as a summer student. Both for current worker's training and past, as well as job site filing. Sometimes coworkers would bring everyone goodies. Coworkers were very nice and welcoming.
Pros
Half Fridays
Friendly and helpful environment
Everyone at Modern Niagara is always willing to lend a helping hand. Modern is also big on team bonding and often hosted BBQ's, sports events after work, etc.
Ideal company to work for in this trade.
Overall good work ethic from the company. Job security is tough and it's not easy to manage staff but if you are able to stick around long enough, you will have a good experience.
Mixed feelings
There is a clique atmosphere. High employee turnover. Lower level management is under a lot of pressure to meet targets and they are quick to hire and fire. The company pays well and provides a lot
Productive and very friendly environment here
It is really good company to work with.Flex time, extra days off between xmas and new year on top of normal leave. Very diverse. Work life balance is in general very good compared with the corporate sector and security of tenure is good.I have had no "difficulties" so far. I am much happier and in myself and truly.Has the best people and excellent respect for one another's abilities. I am much happier in myself and truly becoming much happier in my career after a poor previous 4 Years.
Modern Niagara
Modern Niagara is a fair employer that offers competitive salary and excellent benefits. They are down to earth and easy to get along with. Modern values their staff and like to give back to the community.
Bad company, a bunch of liars
Got laid off and was told there was not enough work. How is that even freaken possible when you are the biggest mechanical and plumbing company in Calgary. Wrongful termination is highly likely within this company
Bad place to work at.
They expect the buildings to manage themselves. Vacation and days off has to be covered by the person working with you. If that person can’t cover you then you have a problem. If that person can cover you then you owe that person back the same amount of days whenever he wants. If you ook a weekday off. Then he takes a weekend off. How fair is that?
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.

At Modern Niagara, we aim to provide a fair work environment for everyone. If you felt this was not the case, please contact us at eps@modernniagara.com so that we can discuss your concerns.
it wasa challenge to work there every day
there is too much nepotism . you are talked down too. treated in very disrespectfully yelling and intimidation with losing your job
.........................................
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.

Please contact us at eps@modernniagara.com if you would like to discuss this further.
fun work envornment
fun place to work and learn as a apprentice plumber and a great place to get your experience towards your certification knowledgeable and competent employees. 10/10 work environment
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time learning with Modern Niagara!
Good Place to Work never had a Problem
Good Place to Work never had a Problem, typical workday would be mainly login check email then start my projects in autocad or revit etc.
Workplace culture is the same as any construction atmosphere really, positive group.
17 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback!

With any further comments, please feel free to contact us at eps@modernniagara.com
Dynamic Company, Great place to work
This is a great place to work, they invest in Employee's, and encourage technicians to progress with training and education.

Strong team culture, Starting with managment, highly resourceful, not many companies that can take on the projects that they do.

Highly recommended!!
Pros
Great wage, room for growth
17 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback!

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time working with Modern Niagara.
A great company, not great middle management
A great company to work for, but the workload that some managers give the coordinators is not appropriate for the pay or the hours. The differences from the office environment in Toronto vs Calgary is noticeable... far too many young and inexperienced managers in Calgary.
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.

Please feel free to contact us at eps@modernniagara.com with any concerns.
Modern has been good to me and my family
Thanks Modern for keeping me busy, helping my family and myself in a time of need. !! - always keep me working even in slow times.GREATLY APPRECIATED. !
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.

We are happy to hear you had such an excellent time working for us.
Good pay, sketchy management
This is a contractor that's more than willing to bend over backwards for the client. If that means stepping on their own employees, they'll do it with a smile. Pay and benefits are excellent, but employees are considered disposable. Worth working for as a filler job, but don't expect a long term future with the company. Also, don't expect the right tools or materials to do the job.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security, bad management culture.
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.
We are sorry to hear this was your experience. Please feel free to email us at eps@modernniagara.com with more details so that we can try to address this situation further.
Great people, challenges and opportunities for growth.
There's not many "typical" days at Modern Niagara which is great for those who can think and act on their toes.
Any employee can learn as much as they want, with support, about the many facets of the jobs, services and support that Modern provides. It's truly up to the individual where they want to take their career.

The hardest part is that some of the management aren't as transparent and helpful as one would require and this can cause heavy workloads if not put in check.

The most enjoyable part of working with MN is their unbelievable team spirit. They encourage growth, understanding and people's unique qualities to shine.
Pros
Lots of team building, paid education, growth potential
Cons
inexperienced managers = heavy workloads
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback.
We are glad to hear you enjoy the teamwork-first and learning-oriented culture at Modern Niagara.

Please feel free to email us at eps@modernniagara.com with further details so we can continue to improve.
Amazing Company
This is one of the most amazing companies I’ve ever worked for. Everyone is treated with respect and Management is very approachable. The culture is like one big family. Safety is always top of mind for both office and field employees. I’ve worked in many corporate environments and this one is so different. Team environment and really do a lot for their employees and the community. If you are looking for a long time company this is the one.
23 July 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback!
We pride ourselves on our teamwork-first and family culture. We are so glad you are enjoying your time with us.

With any further feedback, feel free to email us at eps@modernniagara.com.
Big company that will provide you with the tools you need
Great company to work for in Local 46. They will provide their workers with the tools they need. They take safety seriously, and will provide career advancement.
23 July 2019
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback.
Feel free to email us at eps@modernniagara.com with any further comments!