Modern Cleaning Concept
Happiness score is 39 out of 100

Modern Cleaning Concept Employee Reviews

Canada88 reviews

Good team poor management

The team I worked with was great and hard working. The manager of our team was a change three times at well I worked there.I did learn how use industrial cleaning machines. The hardest part of the job was not having cleaning supplies we were always running out of the bottles that we need. Working days was stressfully. Getting sit back and relax on night shift was nice as the other staff members were just kind and nice.

Pros

Good Team members

Cons

Poor Management

My time at Modern Cleaning Concepts was good. The job was laidback and my manager was good. I never had a pay issue or any issues with management.

I was hired as one of the Modern Cleaning Janitors at my local Superstore. The job was easy and repetitive. I would ensure all floors of the store were clean and I was sometimes assisted by the employees at the General Services Department. I generally worked by myself and the Superstore supervisors/managers generally let me be except for a few times when they wanted me to do a specific task for them. I was paid minimum wage and I worked the weekends, It is a good job for a student but not one for a adult as I didn't have any benefits and was paid minimum wage. Overall it was a good job and experience and the manager/owner of the franchise was nice.

Pros

Laidback and simple.

Cons

The only cons that their would be is no benefits or union.

What you make of it

started at top tier retail establishment, casual atmosphere, as long as you can keep busy, and DO the work, minimal training, but straight forward work mostly, top tier equipment and supplies mostly. remote supervisor always a text away. put in work, honestly, with integrity, respectfully, communicate as needed, be coachable, do your best, look for oppritunities, and they will treat you well.

Pros

casual, independent, always something to keep busy if you want to be. always had ample supplies and excellent equipment.

Cons

thin garbage bags created extra work. hard to sleep during the day after working all night

Waste of time to work with.

Poor Management.Stressful on every paycheck.They're not transparent. Nothing will be discussed prior to work. Please try some good franchisee rather than Modern Cleaning.

Pros

No Pros

Environnement du travail tres dur sur le moral

Il commence avec un peu de chose à faire et après 3 mois il t en redonne de surplus en surplus que les employé se decourage car ses trop pour un employé

Pros

Travaille avec aucun patrons

Cons

Marche beaucoup durant ton chiffre

Overtime

For overtime 10 an hour cash below min wage some times won't pay you at all currently behind 160 hours on overtime for me . Some weeks I worked 122 hours got less 500 that week

Pros

No pro

Cons

Long hours might not get paid

Stressful and lack of appreciation

This is the worst company to even think being.I was a franchise and worked very hard. For 4 months not a single cent was received. They kept on lying when they knew they were not going to pay you. Please look else where for opportunities.

Pros

Cons

Stressful

Environement de travail detendu

C est une bonne experience que j ai vécu dans un environnement dynamique

Pros

Compréhensif

Cons

Assurance maladie

work was easy to do

i worked hard at my job i had to go in sick many times but would cover people the best i could so other people did not have to go in when they were sick i enjoyed the people i did work with they were alot of fun i learn to ask question about everything the you dont feel right about and look things up before you agree to something the may get you into trouble cover your one butt write down all your hours with any job my job ends april 4 say i was former employee march 27 lol this was posted date

Pros

it was a steady for a little bit

Cons

no time for life

Poorly managed

I worked for the company for almost 5 years. I never once got a raise or benefits. I did above and beyond and got 0 percent appreciation. I would not recommend working for Modern Cleaning Concepts. Unless you like to work and not be appreciated or have any benefits what so ever. This company would replace you the day after your death with no cares to give at all. Poorest self degrading job I ever had. THANKS MODERN FOR THE EXPERIENCE. AND RUINING MY LIFE I DONT APPRECIATE IT.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Lots

Lots of potential for growth if you are will to invest the time

I've been in the cleaning industry all my life and Modern is really an honest and active company. They will support and guide you each step of the way to insure your success, if you listen and invest your self in your business, you will be successful.

Pros

Great support. Active and open environment. Constantly looking to improve. Open door policy.

Cons

Work & Life balance can be difficult if you are not use to hard work. Not a typical 9 to 5.

worst management ever

Worst management ever. Know training and know communication between employees and managers. just walking around wiping and cleaning pretty boring. Pay is not very good if you get paid at all wirjed there for over 2 months and only got paid once

Pros

Cons

to many to mention

Very poor

The people who run the modern say one thing and do the other. A very, very bad experience. I would never work for this company again. The worst of the worst!!

Pros

Zero

Cons

Lot's of them.

Worse place ever

Was a franchisee for them when they took over all walmarts in canada. Started as a walamart associate ( overnight cleaner ). Been doing it for almost 4 years ( 6 as a walamart associate) they removed me from the contract tell me I wont be paid for 90 days. As they need to settle books. Give me 24 hours to come up with 15k for me to buy out the cleaning equipment.

Absolutely horrible

Absolutely horrible experience with no training. Upper Management is completely dishonest with very little support. They talk to you like you a child. Complete backstabbing and inner office politics. I would never work there or recommend. False promises no support what so ever. They use people and their own Franchises.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Everything else

Hated working for them

Hated working for them, they let me go because apparently I was sessional but when I seen my let go papers it was because I had multiple complaints apparently that I wasn’t even told about.

productive and fun work.

Ability to maintain a clean work environment and willing to learn more. Able to take directions and follow through with instructions. Responsible, hardworking, organized, patient, punctual and trust-worthy.

Alright but management sucks

It’s an alright place but the management suck u won’t get your first pay check until 3 weeks have passed, and they don’t really seem to care about there employees

Working in the store get to now thue company

A typical day of work go around the store clean the floors and talk to customers mybe help them.clean the lunch room.clean the bathroom. Dry mop the back room.

A typical day at work

This job. Is a fair and descent kind of job. And you need to be organized at all time and be focus on work. However its a stressful job because the owner or the boss want it very clean and spotless.

Cleaning

I am looking for a day job where as I am working nights and days right now would love to find a job that is days 5 days a week.My days off are split up and can’t do anything because I sleep my day off away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Modern Cleaning Concept. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5