MODERN CLEANERS

MODERN CLEANERS Employee Reviews with Jobs

Its a good job for getting experience

Had a good time working there. Was treated really well. Coronavirus slowed down production a lot, so they had to let a couple people go. As a presser you are allowed to listen to music but if you work customer service you are not.

Good and decent place to work and learn to obtain all the experience you need in different roles and areas of the company.

At the beginning It was good working there I learned alot and earn all of my experience skills like good customer service , learn the dry cleaning proces, to identify most of the diferent materials of clothing and how to manage the cleaning process depending of the material . Got to know a lot of important and great personalities. The company also offered Tuxedo Rentals , I learned how to measure, got familiar whit different brands and styles of Suits and Tuxedos. Got the confidence to give the customer my opinion by recommending whit the best of my knowledge the right tuxedo and brand for every special event. Always giving a great customer service experience and exceed the expectations of the company.

Pros

Had the opportunity to ask to change my schedule. Owner nice person, always comprehensive whit customers and employees, good customers service skills.

Cons

No brakes and short lunches. No medical insurance, minimum wage whit no raise. Verry hard to work whit the manager, bad personality, ruth and aggressive whit customers and employees.

Insights into MODERN CLEANERS

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Friendly

Great.learned to be more friendly to other people and their needs. Enjoyed talking to people and meeting new people and making new friends.The service is great and

productive and fun work enviroment

Fantastic business with amazing owners and operators. A shortage of hours provided ultimately determined my resignation. The Hammocks are wonderful people to work for.

Cons

shortage of available working hours

Small town, family owned.

This is a family owned business so they don't promote outside of family. I was a key holder and had manager duties and hours, but for only a dollar above minimum wage. Your day can be really slow or very fast paced. You will separate and tag clothing, clean the facility, put away the clean clothing, in specific order when they are brought to you, make phone calls to customers, and handle cash and transactions. The hardest part of the job is keeping busy, on slow days, and dealing with the owners mood swings. The enjoyable part of the job was that you work by yourself and it was a relaxed atmosphere the majority of the time. It is an easy job to get done as well. You get to know the people who come in often and it makes the job fun to see familiar faces.

fun place to work with van and ellen

Awesome people, valet service extra ordinary level of artisian work, It was a summer job that turned into a carrer and I must say I was happy about it. Glad to have learned a trade.

Pros

clothes

Productive and friendly environment

Friendly environment the customers have been coming here for quite some time so you come to know them personally. The owner is very nice and will work with you along with the staff.

Press clothes and work with customers

You start with washing clothes or dry cleaning clothes. Then you press and wrap the orders. I liked working with the customers and the fast paced environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the owner. The manager was great she would help in any way she could.

Pros

It was family ran

Cons

The owner micromanaging everything

hard workplace

Dealing with machinery and different type of equipment. Can be challenging. But through hard work and determination. Working this field will help strengthen business mind thinking.

Pros

bussiness minded thinking

Cons

heat

enjoyed my job

Enjoyed meeting and greeting people, enjoyed the challenge of last minute details on cloths, It is a job with high tolerant to heat. Being able to settle a dispute over cloths.

Pros

prefection

Cons

heat

Cleaner

Love the job I press jean shirt did Landry van delivery. The only reason why I don't work there company shut down I also work in office cashier greeting customer counting money doing deposit tagging clothes

Pros

Discount on our clothed

Cons

Hour break

Very fun workplace

A typical day consisted of washing, dry cleaning ,customer service bagging clothes, folding clothes everything that came with running a dry cleaners. I was the supervisor the hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers.

Pros

some days I worked by myself

Cons

no insurance

Face to face with customers

I basically served as Counter Clerk/Customer Service, the direct communication to the customers getting dry cleaning service. I enjoyed interacting with the customers.

Pros

Discounts on my dry cleaning services

Cons

Cut in work hours sometimes less than 30 hours a week

Easy going type job

Easy going type job, allowed me to work on my college classes in between customers.

A good job

Everyone was nice there. My co-workers treated me like family and always helped me if I needed it. I learned so much working there, like how be more productive in my job and how to better interact with customers.

Great small town; family own business...felt like family

I really loved my customers; to know each of them by name and to see them everyday was really great. The family owned business was really great to work for; great people. Great co-workers; easy to work with and fun to get along with. The hardest part of the job is the lack of air conditioning in the summer time. Best part of working at the cleaners was again; my customers and their smiles.

Pros

Advanced my people skills

Cons

Hot working in a dry cleaners

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MODERN CLEANERS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement