MNP
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

MNP: 159 Employee Reviews

Canada159 reviews

Fun place to work

fun place to work, they really push for a work/life balance. i got lots of little perks like going to MNPede, going to golf tournaments, getting Friday's off in the summer time. tax season isn’t the best but once you get through it, the rest of the year is pretty relaxed.

Great place to learn and grow

Very supportive team.Supports work life balance.Great perks and benefits for employees.Promotes diversity and inclusionAbility to grow within the organisation.

Insights into MNP

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

very supportive environment

Great team, managers are supportive of own personal and career growth. Very flexible working environment. This is my first inhouse recruitment role and I love how much I've learned working with different hiring leaders/Partners everyday.

Pros

flexible to work from home

Great culture and balance for public accounting firm

The people are amazing and you get the opportunity to work on many different clients and engagements The partners really take their time to mentor and invest in you...people are promoted a lot quickerHardest part of the job would be client deadlines Tons of social events and all accountants are around the same age Hybrid model of working from home

MNP - Une compagnie avec beaucoup de potentiel de croissance!

Je travaille pour cette entreprise actuellement et je trouve que c'est le meilleur environnement de travail. Mes collègues sont très sympathiques. J'ai beaucoup de flexibilité et l'opportunité de faire du télétravail à tous les jours! Je vous recommande cette compagnie.

Pay/benefits are great! Also have awesome events

I worked for MNP for almost 8 years. There are pros and cons in everything, including jobs. There is favoritism. if you don't fit in, you know it. But, they do reward hard work and make up for the stress of tax season. I feel they genuinely cared about me and their staff. Gifts for admin day was always provided to the admin staff - really awesome and thoughtful gifts. Tax party is awesome, annual staff meetings with the region - ball tournaments, Hockey games, social committee - a lot of fun. I was able to learn outside of my role. Encouraged to learn as well.

No real training for new employee but expect them to work 100% from the start

Lack of support and start judging from day 1 . No clear communication about expectations and only discussed during reviews. Some partners are super supportive .

Lots of opportunity to work with different industries and client types. Internal systems are one of a kind.Growth within your own career path is well communicated and expectations are clear.

Pros

Education/training, client experiences

Cons

Long hours during busy season

review

good environment,not enough support from managers,work-life balance better than other accounting firms,banked overtime provided during busy season so you can take more days off in quite season

Worst company

I started here as administrative assistant 2 months before. They hid job responsibilities before hiring and at the time of interview. They want highly skilled educated people for janitor tasks. They misrepresent job duties and fire people without any reason. The work culture is so harassing. People don’t welcome new employees in their department kindly. They follow groupism system and never include new employees. There is no job security and no growth opportunities. They never want an admin to look for new opportunities within the company. Toxic and stressful place to work.

Cons

No respect, no dignity towards new employees

Extremely Good Experience

I was welcomed into the fold and made to feel part of the team from day 1. My manager was supportive and a real coach. My team was amazing as well. The firm treats employees well with and a bright, modern work place.

Best place to learn but worst place to think of long term growth

I have worked at this firm for more than 2 years but never had the thought of growing up in the firm to the manager level since what I have seen is stressed manager, senior accountants due to lot of pressure from Partners. Partners hardly have any idea of the client (they think they know everything about the client) and still think audit testing can be done in less time than the budget. All they care is Recoverability

Pros

Social events, friendly collogues

Cons

Long hours, office politics, constant fear of termination

Great pay, bad rest

Great pay, people all seem friendly at firstLong hours, very little training, throw you in the deep end from the startNo 2nd chances. Very high turrn over.

Pros

Great pay, seem friendly

Cons

Long hours, no training, throw you in the deep end

Decent salaryTight deadlines Large workloadsWork/Life balance so-so

The work environment is good but the workload is very high which makes for stressful deadlines.I found it hard to grow within MNP. I found them more interested in technicians working towards designation than ones with an accounting diploma.

Pros

Decent salary

Would Not Recommend!

Management cared very little about me being successful. No meetings with my direct manager ever! Very hard to know what I was doing right or wrong.Low pay compared to similar positions.Do not recommend working here!

Looks great on paper

On the surface everything seems great. People seem friendly and amicable enough. However, I've noticed that there seems to be a lot of favouritism and preference given to certain people. If you're not one of those people it often feels like being on the outside and looking in. There has been a large turnover here as well, within the past 5 months. More people have left than I've ever seen before. New hires also are paid more than anyone who has been here for years, as evidenced in the advertisements seen here.

Wouldnt recommend this place. No empathy no support no work life balance

No work life balance. No proper onboarding support and on the job training. You can be on multiple engagement at the same time during the peak periods. You are expected to complete projects without any real supervision or support even as a fresh new Hire.

Poor management and not putting value on employees' work

as an accountant, I do not recommend this company, no value , poor management, and get fired without any notice and not based on your work, based on personal opinion. HR team members don't like you, say goodbye before they fire you.

Pros

free coffee

Cons

poor management

Run!!! this is a company with toxic workplace and no value

As an accountant I can say it is a toxic workplace with unprofessional managers. The managers and HR team are always gossiping about other employees and they are portraying they are supportive and there is much fun at the office but the reality is the opposite. They fire people without any notice and base on their personal opinion not the quality of your work. All on all it is a horrible place I ever worked and as soon as I get another job will run from this toxic workplace with poor management style, no value and managers who think can insult people and higher than others.

Lack of training, rude co-workers and terrible management

The training leaves you confused with your tasks. Co-workers are self-centered with weak communication skills. Management often misunderstands technical details and misdirect blame.

Long hours during busy season

Pay is good and people are friendly but the hours can be tough in busy season. Both in amount of hours spent working and in billable hours where you need to be careful how much you bill as need to be careful of project budget costs (need to eat hours at times)Overall pretty solid experience with the firm. Would give like a 3.75/5

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MNP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement