MNP Employee Reviews

Canada107 reviews
• Processed Hospital lottery tickets daily
• Received and sorted hospitals lottery tickets daily

• Verified all information on tickets were correct.

• Mathematical added up and verified cost spent on tickets by purchasers

Very helpful team,.
Management is only focussed on billable hours with no regard to training or getting knowledge of position. Have worked for other consulting firms that were focussed on this and they were no where near as bad as MNP. They want you working for the client 100% and bill them for everything, no customer service or pro-bono to help or aid in customer satisfaction. Managers are poorly positioned with no people skills. They worry more about the minute things then the overall large picture. You report to multiple managers and they are all pulling in different directions.
Their phylosophy is bill bill bill the client and we will fight with them down the road, not a happy work environment.
I love working for MNP! They are very flexible and truly value work-life balance for all of their staff. They also cover the cost of the CPA PEP program as part of the wages which is more than fair. I enjoy going to work everyday!
Pros
free breakfast once a week, golf day, flexible, supportive
Cons
repetitive work
Lots of opportunity depending on the group you are in.

I met lots of great people who helped me learn and grow more confident in adapting to a corporate life.
Pros
Socials and Lunches
Cons
Depends on Group
Excellent company to work for. Relax atmosphere, friendly environment and great management. Teamwork is encouraged and co-workers and management are very approachable.
MNP offers a friendly and professional work environment and is a progressive employer while remaining in-touch with its routes. The culture is collaborative and supportive. Work-life balance is highly prized, with flexible working practices and a regular-work hours culture. Diversity and inclusion initiatives are best-in-class. Salaries and benefits are competitive.
Very good overall experience, everyone is super friendly, workload can be huge depending on if it is busy season. Lots of benefits, time off, and bonuses such as snack bars and fridges that contain drinks and food
Pros
Exciting and fast paced
Cons
Can be stressful
MNP has a good collaborative, small team environment. However their small size inhibits them from competing with the big players in consulting space. Thanks.
Awful Admin in Ag department. 2 are constantly getting people fired without cause or bully and belittle the new girls until they leave. Toxic Administrative Manager supports this behaviour

it.
Pros
Other Admin were supportive.
Cons
Job security, bullying co-workers.
Very hostile culture and really poor work life balance. Great for career advancement but staff are treated poorly. Daily tasks are typical of an accounting firm. You'll be given plenty of work and there will never be a shortage of training and it's great if you're completing the CPA but don't expect to be treated well.
Great company to work for that offers work life balance. Good company culture. Partners and managers are approachable and friendly. Company does a lot of activities.
Good environment, good communication with co-workers and managers. Work is busy, but always balanced with activities to help boost and motivate office moral
The staff are friendly and very helpful. All of the partners are nice and appreciate hard work. The company provides many incentives to help motivate the staff like golf day, holiday party, tax season party (start and end), summer outing, blue monday, and many more activities.

It was a pleasure working with a company that recognized talent and effort.
Very friendly at first. One employee turned almost hostile. Not given much direction or help. Set up to fail. No encouragement was give for a job well done.
Good place with Good people, just a bit slow paced in the summer due to the nature of their work flow. This causes summer jobs to be a little bit lack-luster
Pros
Cool people
Cons
boring summer
I worked at MNP for 4 months and only learned 50% of what I should have learned. Most days I was very bored and had little to no work to do. When I'd ask for work to keep myself busy, I was given mediocre tasks that my skills were well above.

For context, I use to be an Executive Assistant with excellent skills in administration, time management, as well as office management. When a recruiter reached out to me about an Administrative Assistant position (I was relocating and had to leave my current employer at the time), I was under the impression that I would literally be an Administrative Assistant, but ended up in a reception role where no one appreciated my skills or the work I did.

I ended up finding a new position as an EA, but when I gave my resignation, people were negative and stopped passing along work to me immediately...not to mention all communication between admin management and myself stopped. When I communicated to HR how I felt, why I was leaving, etc. they didn't seem remorseful about my negative experience at their firm, not at all concerned about the admin turnaround in the office, and when I had already mentioned I had a negative experience, they still asked me what I liked most about working for MNP.

Overall, my experience was a 1-star and in my entire career I've never left a firm so quickly.
Pros
Normal working hours during off-season
Cons
Saturday hours in March - April, poor management, 30min lunch, not busy during off season
A good place to work. Most staff and management are great people to work for. Depending on the department you work in the busy season can last for about 4-5 months. Lots of fun events throughout the year make the stressful times easier.
- High turnover; 3/4 of the people working there are new
- Lots of termination without cause and company will make sure that any overtime accumulated is not paid

- Huge workload

- Some great coworkers (only positive point)

- 1 or 2 decent managers and the other ones are just two faced people who would be smiling at you and throwing knives at you at the same time. Be careful about who you cross there. Better be safe than sorry.

- If you like and enjoy highly negative energy, go there. You will be well served. If not and you get other valuable options, run and do it fast!
MNP is a fun, collaborative workplace focussed on helping our clients and team members succeed. Team members are promoted based on ability not tenure. The best part of the job is the great people.
Pros
Amazing team members.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Partners would put pressure on the senior manger/manager on the budget of the file and senior manager/manager would put pressure on their staff. MNP advertisies themselves as rewarding OT to their staff, but realistically they are often encouraged to eat their hours. Often times, this results in negative OT- meaning the staff either have to work extra hours or pay back money to the company.

Managers abusing their power and play favourites. They need to constantly look for work. If there is no work, they are told not to book ther time which results in negative overtime.
Working here has been an amazing journey so far! The other staff are amazing and the environment is very relaxed yet professional. The work itself is right up my alley and there are a lot of supports available.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at MNP. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8