MLT Aikins LLP

MLT Aikins LLP Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews

mltfirmbenefitteamstaffplacecompanymanagement

Productive and welcome place

I have been working at MLT Aikins for one month and so far it has been a rewarding experience. They have a friendly and welcome atmosphere and make sure to provide all the tools and environment for a great learning experience. I feel respected and that I have been improving a lot because of that. It also appears to have the growth opportunity I was looking for, besides great benefits such as the EDO (earned day off) program. I definitily hope to have a long and successful career here.

2 August 2022
We’re thrilled to hear this! We aim to provide a friendly, welcoming environment for all employees and we’re glad you’ve found your experience with us rewarding. We are pleased to offer a strong benefits plan and opportunities for growth at MLT Aikins. Thanks very much for your review!

Expecting too much for the salary given

They expect you to go over and above at this workplace but only want to pay you the bear minimum. The benefits are very good but the pay should reflect performance and it doesn't seem like they are interested in doing that. Considering they are in the top firms in the city, they can afford to pay their employees what they are worth. Management and HR are difficult to deal with and brush off problems that arise.

Pros

Amazing benefits

Cons

Pay

7 September 2022
We appreciate your feedback and we’re sorry to hear your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We are pleased to offer a strong benefits plan and competitive compensation at MLT Aikins and we aim to be responsive to employee concerns. Would you consider completing this anonymous survey so we can learn more about your experience with us? Thanks for your review.https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MLTAikinsTeamFeedback

Insights into MLT Aikins LLP

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

Professional and upbeat workplace, with a cool team atmosphere

I have only been working at MLT Aikins for a month. However in that month I have had extensive training in all areas from Reception to File closing. Being able to work along side Legal Assistants and Lawyers makes each work day different. Management has been helpful in allowing weekly check-ins to ensure I'm not taking on to much. I enjoy the Service Team I work with and we collaborate easily with each other. So far I have no complaints about working for this company :)

9 May 2022
Thanks very much for your review! Training is an essential component of onboarding new employees and we’re glad you’re feeling comfortable and enjoying the variety of tasks your position offers. Our managers make regular check-ins a priority and are always receptive to feedback. We’re glad you’ve had a positive experience so far!

Team oriented work culture fostering Agility, Innovativeness and attitude for excellence

I am grateful and fortunate for getting the opportunity to work with MLT Aikins and hope for a long and successful career with growth here. My experience has been nothing short of awe starting from the screening call till now. I was given an assignment to complete prior to the interview and a very well planned interview thereafter. Joining the company was another super positive experience with carefully crafted agenda for training and self learning opportunities. Colleagues are friendly. Managers are forgiving and welcome open discussions and opportunities to improve on areas of growth. I could go on and on but in nutshell, I feel blessed to be a part of this wonderful organization & grateful to my superiors for this opportunity.

15 March 2022
Thanks for your positive review! Onboarding new employees is very important to us and we’re eager to have team members grow their careers with MLT Aikins. We’re glad to hear you’re enjoying your experience at the firm!

Worst Place to work as the company does not have solid structure for the role to train the person entirely before make firm decision.

Training is not specialized in the specific role and job shadowing is all round without any plan. Absolutely there is uncertainty with the position from the start and you feel unsecure with your future at this company. The manager can make swift decision without information the person in charge without given any consideration of the person role

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Gossip, poor management and poor benefits

16 February 2022
Thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry to hear about your experience. Creating a respectful workplace while developing high-performing teams and promoting from within is a priority for us. We have dedicated training staff and are continually evolving our training offering. Your feedback will help us grow. Would you consider completing this anonymous survey to provide additional context and areas for improvement?https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MLTAikinsTeamFeedback

Excellent place to work

MLT Aikins LLP is a wonderful place to work with excellent staff. Highly recommended. Wonderful benefits and great staff functions. Culture is great and the work is a lot of fun

Pros

Pay, flexible

Cons

I don’t know

16 February 2022
We’re so glad to hear about your positive experience. We strive for a great workplace culture and we’re pleased to offer a strong benefits plan. Thanks for your review!

Great place to gain experience

Learned a lot while working here though there is not much room for growth. Quite a bit of turnover. The people are friendly and before covid there were lord of events.

2 February 2022
Thanks very much for your positive review. We’re glad your experience at MLT Aikins was a positive one. We pride ourselves on our friendly, collegial atmosphere. We’d like to know how we could do a better job of offering more room for growth. Would you consider providing more feedback through this anonymous survey? https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MLTAikinsTeamFeedback

Good place to go for flexibility and work/life balance but that's about it

Managers that are rarely in the office, and if they are, their doors are shut. Makes it difficult to approach them when they make themselves so uninviting. Even if you do speak to them, nothing will ever happen, so any complaints or suggestions fall on deaf ears. The work is mind-numbing. If you want an administrative assistant job in a law firm, then this is the place to go! You'll send couriers and scan. If you're looking to do meaningful legal work, this is not the place. It runs like a factory, except no one knows what's going on. Information is not widely shared so there are often surprises. Some toxic people (as with any office), but when it comes from partners, it's a bit harder to swallow. I've had to hear many comments about Indigenous people, farmers, homeschoolers, people living at or below the poverty level, etc. It's offensive and even moreso coming from someone who is supposedly highly educated. Hard workers are treated poorly while assistants who watch Netflix and shop on company computers are rewarded. Go figure.

Pros

Flexibility, good benefits, some really amazing coworkers

Cons

Monotonous tasks, ineffective management, some toxic culture

3 February 2022
We value your honest feedback and are sorry to hear about your experience. We are committed to creating and supporting a respectful workplace while developing high-performance teams. We also hold ourselves accountable to do better and hearing from individuals is essential to helping us grow. Would you consider providing more feedback through this anonymous survey? https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MLTAikinsTeamFeedback

Workplace that provides support for a new recruit to have the tools and essential training to be successful in their duties.

My experience on transitioning into employment here has been a huge success and the team atmosphere and training put in place has made all my expected duties and responsibilities be manageable, enjoyable and not overwhelming. It has provided me with the confidence I require to complete my tasks.

2 February 2022
Proposed response: Thanks for your positive review. We’re pleased you’ve had a smooth transition to working at MLT Aikins. Training is key to our onboarding program, and we’re glad you’re finding your job enjoyable and not overwhelming.

Highly Recommended

Professional, relaxed, no stress work environment. Opportunities for growth within the company. Fair workload with diversity. The Management, HR and staff are most excellent. If you are lucky enough to have a chance to work here, I would highly reccommend!

Pros

To many to list

2 February 2022
We love hearing this – thanks for your positive review. We strive for a collegial, diverse work environment that offers employees room to grow. We appreciate your feedback.

Highly recommend, great company to work for!

I am very proud to work for MLT Aikins LLP. The firm has provided exceptional training and I feel confident I can advance my career here. Management and staff are genuine and everyone works very well as a team. MLT Aikins is respectful of your work life balance and flexible benefit packages, pension plans and PDO's are just a few of the perks provided. Dedication and hard work does not go unnoticed. I get a great deal of job satisfaction from my position with the firm.

26 October 2021
We love hearing this! Teamwork is key to our culture and we definitely want to see people advance in their careers with us. That’s why we’re happy to offer a strong benefits package and reward hard work.

All in all moving from Toronto to Winnipeg wasnt easy but the management and the work life balance approach in the firm made it easy for me!

I am so content and happy with everything. The transition from moving from Toronto to Winnipeg for work and Immigration wasn't easy but the firm supported me and helped me in settling down. the co-workers are amazing, legit for the first time in my working history I have experienced staff and management that wants you to grow within the firm itself. Really thankful.

Pros

Highly supportive

26 October 2021
Thanks for your positive review! Supporting our employees as they settle into a new role is very important to us, and we’re glad you’re enjoying the collegial atmosphere.

Fast-paced environment with advancement opportunities

Working at MLT Aikins Saskatoon is a challenging, fast-paced environment with room to advance. MLT Aikins is one of the larger firms in western Canada and that provides for inter-provincial collaboration and learning opportunities. This is a great firm to start your legal career or fine-tune your area of expertise.

Pros

Wonderful benefits and gestures of appreciation

Cons

High-stress environment

2 September 2021
We’re glad to hear about your positive experience. We want to see employees who thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment advance in their careers, and we’re pleased that you’ve benefited from the collaboration with our offices in other provinces.

A workplace that genuinely cares about your work life balance

MLT Aikins is one of the top employers in my experience. This is a large firm with a small firm feeling, meaning we are all one team and we all genuinely care about one another. There is ample opportunity to grow and to use your skills and knowledge exponentially. The collaborative approach to law is what sets our firm apart from others. The most important thing to me is work life balance and benefits. This firm strives on both! This is a place that provides you the support you need when you need it the most. Your manager always ensures that you feel valued individually and as a team member.

Pros

Amazing benefits, great team culture, caring individuals, room for growth, opportunity to utilize skill sets

Cons

can be stressful with how fast paced some of our practice areas are, always evolving which can be challenging for some who do not like change

11 May 2021
Love to hear this! Sounds like you’ve been able to put your skills to good use and that you’re feeling supported by teammates and by leadership. Thank you for sharing.

Excellent firm to work with

MLT Aikins in a wonderful company to work for on a professional and personal level. Staff & management have a positive approach and are eager to excel your possibilities if interested in doing so. They care about you and your wellbeing. Our work environment is very friendly and comfortable. Our benefits and retirement contributions are appealing. I would highly recommend becoming a part of our team.

19 March 2021
Thanks for taking the time to share! Very pleased to hear you’re feeling cared for and supported at work, both professionally and personally.

I would 100% recommend MLT Aikins LLP as a great place to work

I have been with the firm for 15 years and I plan on retiring here. The firm is very respectful to its employees and treats employees very well. With this ever changing and unpredictable world we now live in, I believe MLT Aikins LLP embraced that change and flourished. The management and training team are wonderful. I am proud to work for this firm and would recommend it to anyone.

19 March 2021
Thank you for sharing your perspective as a long-term employee – and for being such an enthusiastic advocate for the firm.

Highly recommended for anyone looking to excel in the legal profession

If you are a team player and willing to learn and expand your knowledge, MLT Aikins is the place for you. When I started with the firm 10 years ago, I had no legal experience background. The firm provided exceptional training which set me up for success. Dedication and hard work does not go unnoticed. EDO's, flexible benefit packages and pension plans are just a few perks provided.

Pros

Teamwork approach in everything we do

19 March 2021
We’re glad to hear you’re feeling equipped for success and that you’re taking advantage of the benefit options. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Great Place to Learn and Grow

In the few years I have worked at MLT Aikins my skills and knowledge have grown and I was set up for success, because of the thorough training systems in place, helpful co-workers and strong leadership. I am able to stay busy and interested in my work, and am confident I can advance my career at MLT. Plus the benefits are fantastic!

18 February 2021
Very happy to hear this! Sounds like you’re thriving in your role and seeing an exciting career path ahead. Thanks for sharing.

Upstanding company to work for.

MLT Aikins is an upstanding company to work for. Hard work, skill and talent is recognized by the leaders, and rewarded with gratitude, fair compensation, and opportunity. If you are looking for a workplace that will challenge you, encourage you and stand with you as you grow in your career, look no further. As a long-term employee, and through hard work and dedication, many doors have been opened to me with regard to learning opportunities, skill building and job advancement. I am consistently encouraged and uplifted by the community (colleagues and clients). I get a great deal of job satisfaction from my position with the firm.

Pros

Flexibility, advancement opportunities, excellent benefits, support, recognition for hard work and achievements

Cons

Occasionally the hours are long and the workload can feel overwhelming, but support is always available.

16 February 2021
This is great to hear, especially from a long-term employee. Sounds like we really value your contributions and that the firm is providing the opportunities and support you’re looking for.

Firm that prioritizes teamwork and growth

I have worked at a variety of firms, of all sizes, and MLT Aikins LLP is where I have stayed the longest and had the best experience. We work hard and are continually growing and changing, which I appreciate. Teamwork is a firm focus so we all have the support we require and are the most efficient. I appreciate the people I work with so much and while we are challenged daily with deadlines and workloads it is manageable and invigorating. Lastly, our benefits package and RRSP matching is really outstanding and something I value greatly.

Pros

We have many departments to support us in all avenues of a lawyer's practice.

Cons

Software and processes often change and this can be overwhelming for some people.

16 February 2021
Thanks for your honest feedback – and for your ongoing contributions and hard work, especially in the face of change.

I enjoy coming into the office everyday. The work is not boring and you are always learning new tasks. The lawyers and staff are always very friendly and helpful.

8 February 2021
Thanks for sharing! We’re happy to hear you’re enjoying the work and your team environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MLT Aikins LLP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement