MJR Capital Services Inc Employee Reviews

Progressive Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2018
Great company to work for. You learn a lot in a short space of time.
Managers and Team leaders are the very best here.
Hours seem long but they are not after you take out all the coffee breaks, lunch and dinner breaks you get..... Hours are ok.
Do not work here
junior collections agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2018
This is the worst place ever to work. I worked there for 3 weeks and they let me go for no reason. The boss is annoying, always on our neck. Would not even recommend this place to my enemy.
Great place to work and learned a lot
Administration /Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2018
Calling individuals on a daily basis learning a lot about collecting from bad debt
The environment and people I work with they are so friendly and helpful on a daily basis

It's a good foundation to work there to start up at or to work there at a senior level
fun workplace
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 February 2018
My experience was ok. They could improve their training style. People get trained as they go, was put on the phones on the first day of work without giving any script
Mjr
Transfer Agent (Former Employee) –  Vimont, QC25 January 2018
Can be stressful sometimes depending on which time of the year you work. Other than that it is a very friendly and fun environment to work around with.
Worst job and biggest joke of a job ever
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 December 2017
They hired me initially as a call center representative which I would show up for all my shifts I was sick one day and notified them before my shift stared and. I came to work and everything was fine for a few days and I was actually exceeding my targets and they let me go for no reason at all even when I asked they wouldn't tell me their trainers are a complete joke and so is their management don't waste your time with this horrible company it feels like a jail working there
terrible company to work for
MJR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 December 2017
They keep on new people for about a month and then fire them.

Terrible collection strategies, the owner has no idea how to run his company..
The owner lectures all his employees, but gives no ideas on how everyone can improve. Which is the worst boss to have..

Also they tell you at the interview you get commission on top of your based pay, thats a lie you call debtors all day and when you get one on the line you transfer to a collector. The collectors get all the commission.
Pros
easy job. $14 an hr
Cons
not a secure job
Horrible Place
Senior Collector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 November 2017
The Constant Verbal Abuse made me end up having to go on Anxiety medication. Would not suggest this job to anyone. I'm a strong person but this place destroyed me emotionally
Pros
nothing
Cons
Verbal Abuse Constantly
Not a good place to work
TD COLLECTIONS AGENT (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2017
they treat you like you're slaves, don't really care about anything except money. the owner comes in once in a while and basically tells everyone they are stupid.
Cons
Most challenging job yet very knowledgeable
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 October 2017
I loved this job, it was a big challenge dealing with people as my position would require to deal with the more difficult end of the Credit card lines. However, the MJR family is very welcoming and always encouraging. You feel like you are actually part of a team
Collector (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 October 2017
Wish the management was treating employees better.
Some ports has no commision. They will tell you that there will be commision but not all ports.
Not Worth It
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON10 June 2017
Save yourself the hassle and find another company to work for. They lack management skills. Workplace is like a circus. Less pay long hours (back to slavery). My advice, "You will find something way better"
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON19 April 2017
Great atmosphere good team, convenient location The building is well kept. Hours are decent and the pay rate is according to experience. Most of all the team leaders are amazing
Good atmosphere
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 March 2017
Its a good job to make ends meet. The hours were too long. Pretty much go to work come back home and days done. Good job to have if you ever need to save money. Working on weekends wasnt a plus either.
Pros
Events
Competitive and challenging workplace
Collector (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON18 January 2017
A typical day is spent on phones all days
Learn lots of techniques about debt recovery and credit
Free money with contest for coming in early
Commissions on targets
Pros
Lotteries, raffles, lunches/dinners, exclusive events, and awards every month
Cons
Long hours but more money and lots of breaks though
Fun place to work
Collection Agency (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON28 December 2016
I really enjoying here and working with many different cultures as well as working with awesome management plus i am able to learn different things in the field which will help
Pros
Good pay plus always working as a happy family
Cons
Bad parking
It was fun until they show u u dont matter
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 December 2016
1 working day before my 3 months probation and 1 week before Christmas they let me go for absolutely no reason.....Need I more to say ???? Don't waste your time....
Pros
Lunches
MJR Capital Services Markham
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 November 2016
Worst job ever. The people there have the worst attitude ever and do not provide proper training. Run if you are hired there.
Not much to write home about
Prefer not to disclose (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 June 2016
Exactly what it says in the summary box up there. As far as collections agencies go, it's typical. Revolving door atmosphere extends everywhere, including to management.
never again
dialer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2016
the most terrible job i have ever done. they kept me for 5 months and then just fired me on the spot. i lost my social life and everything for this and in the end they just blame it on my calls. they complained about my tone when the girl in front of me sounded worse that i, too much work for 13. 50 i was looking for a part time to pay for school but i guess i will go to summer school instead becaus i cannot deal with idiots like this again. that same day they fired me, they hired another guy.
Pros
overtime options, breaks, parties, co workers
Cons
management, lack of proper training, they do not write u up if u make mistakes instead they wilk fire u

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MJR Capital Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8