MJR Capital Services Inc Employee Reviews

MJR Environment
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2019
MJR is a great place to learn new concepts and ideas, as well taking on new challenges. Our department is a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment, but the people working at MJR Capital definitely make it a lot easier. MJR Capital is a great place to learn and work.
Productive,challenging for self growth
Supervisor client services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2019
MJR is a great place to work, everyday is challenging and a perfect place for self growth. I learnt lot of management techniques here. The team is very friendly, cooperative and work together. The hardest part of the job is the challenges but the most enjoyable is when I overcome them successfully.
Pros
The team is very cooperative and work together.
Friendly team and supportive Management
Production Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2019
I joined as a Receptionist initially and moved to Client services department within a month. There is a great growth opportunity internally if you showcase your work sincerely and willing to learn , take up more responsibility. Very supportive & encouraging manager ,the entire team has great unity , supports each other's ideas and help each other which makes the team very successful and meet all the deadlines effectively.
Pros
Great timings typical business hours
Great Atmosphere
Collections Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON10 May 2019
With over 5 years of collection experience I have gained from working here, the company and the work dealt with on a daily basis has taught me valuable information that I can use outside of work, such as what can impact negatively and positively on credit bureaus and how to manage overall finances. The atmosphere is great as staff make it a great working environment and are very helpful with assisting. Most difficult would be dealing with consumers who do not want to resolve their matter.
Pros
great amount of breaks throughout the day
Cons
3 hour biweekly saturday shifts
MJR Capital services
HR Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2019
I have been here for many years now. I have grown as a person and employee throughout the years.

The best part about working at MJR is the environment and the employees I work with. Not forgetting the most important thing is the money you can make in commissions and Bonuses.

Management is a big part of the reason I am still here. With their support and understanding.

I do like meeting people and training them on the positions we have here at MJR.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Advancement
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2019
Hard work and determination is the key to your success at MJR. There is possibility to advance your career growth. The aim is to work to the best of your ability in order to accomplish your dreams.
Pros
Career growth
Cons
work life balance
Awesome Workplace!
Client Services (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2019
Great management. Staff and management is understanding and easy to talk too. I have been here almost a year and I have utilized my current skills and have gained so much more since day 1!
Pros
Generous lunch/breaks, compensation package, growth
Positive environment and good career opportunity
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 May 2019
This is really a nice place to work with, I joined as a collector here few years ago..

Initial training was fast & efficient for two weeks to just dial then moved forward to actual collection. I’ve got promoted 4 times which gave me a lifetime opportunity to show my leadership capabilities.
Company has Transparent & Open Communication environment. Even Branch Manager sits with the collectors and
accessible all the time to everyone.
The Owner of the company is really passionate and always ready to listen new ideas from the team
and work cohesively.
Most of co-workers are helpful and work in a collaborate way, which makes this place more enjoyable & stress free.
Regular Pot-Luck lunches, Barbeque, Christmas Party, Halloween Celebration, Birthday Cake Cutting, Valentines day’s
fun are the way of MJR Capital.
All shifts are designed in such a way which give you a great balance between work and personal life and
Management is highly flexible to change if you need it.
Company recognizes for Hard Work very well and that is highly motivating and encourages for a healthy competition
among all the collectors. I really appreciate their monthly Reward & Recognition activity.
Of course there is a room for improvement also like company needs to expand more so that it can create more opportunities
for all the collector.
But overall I shall recommend MJR Capital because it’s a cushy job and if you have little determination in your mind you will
have Fun & career opportunities.
Pros
free lunches
Great place to start
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON22 April 2019
Great place to start your career.
People here are friendly and targets are achievable and only think management cares for is punctuality.
Always be on time and you should be fine.
Unprofessional environment
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 March 2019
Just a job, the environment is very unprofessional. The workers were unfriendly. The Supervisors didn't know what they were doing and the managers were even worse.
Productive place to work
* great hours
* great management staff
* great compensation
* great company culture
Pros
lunch and learn
Cons
Weekend work
Stay away if you consider job security
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 February 2019
Terrible …. zero job security, they give no chances for a person to grow. They just through out of people from the job. The floor Manager is terrible.
Unsecured job
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
Workplace is under tension and pressure of the Owner.

The owner has a target to achieve and if the group collection target not achieved, the owner starts to shout and screem on everybody.
Pros
Not a good environment
Cons
Long Hours
Fun place to work in
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 October 2018
Work days are long and the job is exciting. The competitive environment made each day worth it to enter the office. If only the hours were more flexible
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
Long HOurs
fun yet hard working environment, but need to provide more incentives
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 October 2018
hard working environment
fun now and then
fast paced
free food now and then
friendly and supportive employees
salary not very well commensurate to position and work load
Pros
fun and free food
Cons
salary not commensurate to work load
Nightmare in markham
Collector (Former Employee) –  Markham27 October 2018
Rude staff owner rude HR rude they want two references on arrival or leave. Why would you give these before any offer. Longest hours 44
Saturdays. Shouting at you or leave. Turnover is vast always hiring and firing a sweatshop
Cons
fun to work here if u are hardworking
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON20 October 2018
they give people chance to prove their selves.
they want prople who are hardworking and not just someone buying time.
if u do ur job well the management will leave u alone.
Pros
good opportunity for new comers in canada
Cons
long hrs
If u like being biullied then this is the place fr you !!
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 October 2018
bully tactics used to try an make u collect money, daily shouting threats made to be sent home if you dont collect money or are too LOW volume wise on the phone !! crazy - i witnessed people sent home for not speaking loud enough on the phone, !!
Pros
horrible old school bully tactics
Cons
nice colleagues
Worse Job Ever
Collector (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 September 2018
- micromanaging!!!!
- rude management
- disgusting employees
- crazy hours
- a lot of pressure to preform well for minimum wage
- no incentives
Pros
no pros
Cons
mentioned in review
Unprofessional is an Understatement.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2018
MJR is a circus. They tell you you'll be paid $16/hr during the interview but it is a LIE. Less than two hours of training and they immediately put you on the phones. Then scrutinize every little thing you do forgetting they barely gave you any training.
All they care about is their money and their immature little circus. As a new staff they treat you like you do not exist. They claim to have rules but the same people making the rules are the same ones breaking them. Also they make you work 42.5 to 44 hours a week but they don't pay you for overtime. There is a whole lot to say about them but let me just stop here. It is not worth it. I won't refer my enemy to work here.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MJR Capital Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9