Mitten Building Products Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits
2.5Job Security & Advancement
Fast paced workplace with great people
Inside Sales Coordinator/Order Desk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 July 2014
A typical day began with checking fax and email for purchase orders to be entered, responding to email inquiries, and answering phones (which generally include product or stock inquiries). Invoicing and filing, and return credits followed, and weekly review of special order statuses, including contacting customers when orders are ready.

While I was trained on the system basics, I was able to teach myself the finer details and became the focal for "hard to find" data. I polished my existing communication, interpersonal and customer service skills, and learned about building products, of which I had no previous knowledge.

I had excellent relationships with all of my co-workers, including management. I frequently worked alone, which meant solving my own problems, juggling multiple tasks and making judgement calls. I always felt confident that management would back up any decisions I made, and was always available to lend a hand.

Due to the nature of the industry, we frequently ran into issues with stock availability. As the inside sales coordinator, the brunt of the customers frustration landed primarily on me. I was able to foster respectful and trusting relationships with our client base, and this enabled me to defuse volatile situations and solve their problems to the satisfaction of both parties.

By far, the best part of my time at Mitten was working with great people. No matter what kind of day it was, we always did our best to make each other laugh and take care of each other. It was a true family dynamic.
Pros
Great environment, wonderful people
Cons
Frustration of being on the front line