Mitsui High-tec (Canada), Inc.

Mitsui High-tec (Canada), Inc. Employee Reviews

Production worker
I wouldnt recommend. Typical day at work is inspecting heavy sharp parts. The press is down more times then it runs, so there for you are sweeping and moping floors most of the time. Then when the press gets up and going you are expected to work mandatory overtime through the week and Saturdays because you signed a 60 hour agreement,

I learned how to take out dies and put them back in and clean them .

They dont pay for breaks , and no double time.Over time after 4o hours work, even if you have a holiday in there.

This company cant manage to keep there employees, its a revolving door either quits or fired.

Theres little to no management so its a free for all.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with all the drama , and watching not so nice people get ahead.

The most enjoyable part of the job was steady income and good benefits.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
drama
Productive learning skills
A typical day here at Mitsui high-tec was very unpredictable but in a very good way, meeting quota 30 000 - 38 000 kg of steel ran through main slitter which was cut into smaller coils and sent down pack line, very friendly environment and atmosphere. I learned so much working here taught me to be able to skillfully fly overhead crane with no problems at all, taught me machine operations on several different machines/panels. Management here was wonderful honestly I can’t say I have ever seen much issues in this sense very friendly staff and reasonable management. Workplace culture here was a huge one everyone was like on small happy family that worked together to get the job done correctly. The hardest part of the job was learning the ropes of what we call the mini slitter which was a smaller version of the main mother coil slitter. Much smaller coils ran through on the mini slitter, this machine was to fix any of the coils that came off of the main slitter that may have been damaged from suppliers or damaged somewhere down the line in the plant itself. My most enjoyable part would of been making the friends that I made while working here and I learned more working here than I have yet in my entire career of working in general. 10 gold stars for sure!
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Depressing
Terrible just absolutely terrible place to work. There is crazy downtime forcing everyone to work ridiculous hours and just cant get ahead.

The promise of raises which never come.working here your life will become depressing because no matter how hard you work you will still be treated like garbage.
A Company that really cares about its employees
Mitsui is a great company that will continue to grow. Top of the line technology. This company cares about it's employees with a great benefit package, RRSP matching, social events, employee recognition etc.
"Live to work"
Company has a strong Japanese influence with the mentality of "live to work"

Initially the job was very technical, lots of in class training on advanced high tech machinery. Most of which was not necessary or applicable.

Low pay for level of responsibility and cost of machinery compared to other auto parts manufacturers.

Machinery constantly broke down leaving employees to stand around for hours on end. As a result employees are expected to work an hour ot daily plus Saturdays.

1 hour unpaid break, average shift is 10hours plus Saturdays.

Lots of drama amongst coworkers.

Absolutely no work life balance you stay until numbers are met.

Extremely unsafe work practices with amount of hours worked in one shift for certain employees. (Management turns a blind eye)
Pros
Free BBQ lunches, Ice cream, New and clean facility
Cons
Low pay, Excessive overtime, Hours of standing around, Unsafe, Rotation
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mitsui High-tec (Canada), Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Mitsui High-tec (Canada), Inc. Reviews by Location