Mitchell Plastics

Mitchell Plastics Employee Reviews

Factory is nice, very busy always priorities. Benefits are on par with other auto companies. Pay is competitive. Management is ok, they try hard but most times ineffective. HR lacks consistency, different rules for different people....but thats everywhere. Overall decent place to work...
The job itself is not that hard, however the management there is not good at supporting or with communication. There is alot of overtime depending on your department and they hire just about anyone.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
pto is only 1.5 hours a month management
Mitchell Plastics in Kitchener is one of the best companies from the President to the people running the machines, everyone works together!

The General Manager is an exceptional leader and his team continually strive to improve wherever possible. The management team is very engaged with their teams which provides a very collaborative work environment.
Pros
Excellent working environment / good pay
Management is very helpful and understanding. They prioritize Health and Safety of their employees and everyone works together with the support of supervisors and managers. Training is provided to all the employees. Fun activities and events are organised from time to time and a lot of opportunities are presented for growth within the company. Great pay and benefits. I will highly recommend working at Mitchell Plastics.
The material handler position. I'll tell you, for the little extra pay they run you like a dog. As a material handler you can only take breaks if you can find the time. If you can't find the time which is most days, you don't get breaks. Mostly bcuz the guy on ur cross shift leaves all his scrap bins for u to empty, putting u behind the entire shift..and management don't care.
I liked being alone while I worked there. I like running the machines sometimes. I like being able to work by myself. My supervisor was a great supervisor. My lead was a great lead.
This company does not care about anyone who isn't willing to throw all their coworkers under the bus to succeed. They cut benefits twice in my time there and they routinely play favorites
with employees without ever looking at the facts of situations, either you are in or you are out. And if you are out you get an unfair amount of work compared to your peers.
It is what you make it, Be safe who you make friends with, Decent pay but do not expect praise for your work, other people will take credit for what you did, Average place to work.
The plant is climate controlled, the employees are taken care of and have the same benefits as management. I love the environment and the people. The pay is good and the benefits are great too!
Being micro managed by upper management was the worst. Plant Manager makes several employees uncomfortable by standing and starring as they work. Human Resources doesn’t have a clue how a Manufacturing facility is ran. Most of HR never worked in automotive manufacturing and don’t treat employees fair. This is not a Union facility which means Management and HR makes several changes as they see fit, which isn’t always in the best interest of the employee. Pay is ok $14-18 an hour to start depending on your position. They try to low ball supervisors starting as low as $18 an hour, I started at $26. This is a ok job, probably a stepping stone.
Lo más maravilloso de la empresa es que no hay checador, confían en ti y tu desempeño, puedes servirte café a cualquier hora del día, las salas de juntas son 2 unicamente y en una hay un frigobar con bebidas refrescantes.
Mitchell bought out da a few years ago and at First they stayed the same with the motto and everything then they started too do thing their way and it took some adjustment
The work and schedule are agreeable and not really difficult. The company works hard to incorporate safety into all aspects of the job.

Biweekly pay and mandatory overtime are something to be prepared for....
It was great job great people very fun working there I wish I could go back but they laid everybody off including me it was fun while it lasted hopefully I find another job like that
Can't say the job was forfilling, but the pay and the benefits were great. Most of the employees are really nice and you'll really bond working with them so much. wasn't very happy while there but would really like another opprtunity.
Fast paced work environment challenging and very friendly people great training program they're always willing to receive feed back on making the product better and quicker
Mitchell plastics is probably one of the best places to work for in that area.i made good friends and enjoyed going into work. I absolutely loved my supervisor and all the people I worked with. Great training and good communication level. I would like to say amazing company to work with.
On a typical day you will be running one machine. You will be trained on several machines but it will take time. Management is "okay". There is really nothing hard about the job.
Pros
Time to go home
Cons
short 10 mins breaks
If you’re looking to make good money with great people this is the job for you. Never a dull moment and always enjoyable place to work each day is a new beginning with new goals set
Pros
Great money great hours great people
Cons
In need of more machines to accommodate production expectations, and more set up techs., scheduled changes are not where they should be , and I plan to fix this exact problem.
My experience with the company has been good. There is not a lot of room for advancement or wage increase. I was able to learn more about injection molding and leadership and team building skills.