Mitchell Plastics

Mitchell Plastics Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
Supervisor
Factory is nice, very busy always priorities. Benefits are on par with other auto companies. Pay is competitive. Management is ok, they try hard but most times ineffective. HR lacks consistency, different rules for different people....but thats everywhere. Overall decent place to work...
Amazing atmosphere with great team to work with
If you’re looking to make good money with great people this is the job for you. Never a dull moment and always enjoyable place to work each day is a new beginning with new goals set
Pros
Great money great hours great people
Good Atmosphere
Nice place to work. Clean. Good employees. Not a fan of straight shifts. Could be stuck on Afternoons or nights for years before getting a position on day shift. Lots of events. Seem to really care about their employees.
Pros
clean.
Cons
staright shifts
Great Tier 1 Automotive Supplier Company
Fun and diverse environment. I was a great learning experience whie working as an intern,
Horrible place to work
Management is horrible, they treat you like garbage and allow supervisors to do the same. They prey on people unaware of the laws. Safety doesn't matter. You're forced to find people to cover your shift for vacation or you can't take one and they force you to use vacation time for their weekly shut downs. They use a ridiculous point system, after a certain amount of points you get suspended. You gets points for things like not clocking in....even if you did but the system wasn't working. And when you bring it to their attention they don't do anything about it. Look somewhere else, you will be miserable there.
Pros
Cons
Management. Vacation is forced during shut down. Atmosphere
Outstanding Company!
Great company, culture and people! Positive atmosphere, team oriented & very safety conscious. Lots of room to grow and advance within. Competitive pay & excellent benefits/perks (events, lunches, giveaways)
Summer Job
I worked in the quality department for a few months and learned the ins and outs of measuring specs for car parts. I learned how to manage deadlines and to effectively communicate with other coworkers.
Very good company
Mitchell Plastics is a great company to work for. I’ve been here for 17 years so this fact alone should be a good proof for my statement. I like the people I work with and the ‘family like’ atmosphere. You always feel like you’re part of a team where everybody is pulling in the same direction. Great management too; probably the best thing about it is that the channels of communications are always open, encouraging everyone to come forward with ideas and suggestions for improving the overall experience of working here.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mitchell Plastics?
Overall a great place to work. Upper management is involved and engaged in all aspects of the company, not just sitting in their office's looking at the books. Company has grown significantly in the past 8 years which has opened up new positions and allowed for internal job advancements. Pay and benefits are good.
Pros
Free lunches, swag and company events (xmas party, bbq's etc)
Good working environment
The company is particular about the worker's safety, the company has good management and good technical group that helps the company improved and succeed.
Pros
They have good benefits and prebies
Excellent employer and workplace culture!
This employer is engaged and genuinely cares about the business and its employees. This is the best employer I've had to date and am looking forward to the years and challenges ahead.

Pros

- Clearly cares about their employees

- Ensures people are treated fairly

- Offers a fair salary and benefits package

- Flexible and accommodating

- Employees are kind and very welcoming

- Owner operated, owner is very well liked

- Growing company with lots of opportunities

- Lots of internal opportunities for promotion.
A place where innovation thrives...
It is a great place to work:
* Team Members are friendly

* Team Members care about the quality of service they provide

* Safety is a top priority from the CEO level down

* Training and investing in Team Members is part of the company's culture

* Regular communications with Team Members via Employee Communication Meetings
Maintenance department
The maintenance department is a joke, run by an under qualified supervisor.
If your face doesn’t fit then you are put the door.

I would avoid at all costs and look elsewhere.

There is a high turn over in this department for a reason and it boils down to supervision and management
Ok
the company has been around for a long time and has a good reputation. Found that management would look down on people they felt were beneath them. The pay isn't the greatest.
I do not recommend this place, if your smart look elsewhere.
This company needs a lesson in good values and better ethics. Huge disconnect between Program Management, Upper Management and the Production facilities.
it was ok
This was my first real full time job. I spent 9 years here moving up through the ranks. It was ok. However you were always watched. Pay was ok and hours decent.
love the feeling of accomplishment at the end of a day ( Got it done )
i love going to work on a daily basics, getting along with other co-workers and love feeling a accomplishment at the end of day every day. i love learn new and options on how to in prove or quickly of parts. Thhe hardest part of a job for myself is teaching someone new who thinks they all ready own the job, or when they dont listen and they never will get ahead. the most i enjoy about my job is meeting new people and always trying to go abovre and beyond in in-proving the work.
Pros
a chance to join the team
Cons
no call back
very busy place to work
I enjoyed working here they manufactured car parts I inspected finish product then I moved to a different job driving forklift. There was really nothing hard about working there as long as you did your job no one really bothered you
Pros
full time
Decent Pay
Keeps a competitive salary compared to other factories. Be aware lots of overtime is typical of factory work, as is the possibility of lay offs once a year for newest hires, although they do tend to call people back. You won't get shoved onto another shift very often unless you want days, as those with longest seniority usually end up there. Opportunities to move up and around the company do come up, and benefits are good.
Steady Work
its a demanding and fast paced job with lots of cross training and rotating positions It also has three different shifts and rather good benefits after 3 months
Mitchell Plastics and environment
A great employer that has no end to making a program live and flourish. All to satisfy the customer. Great management and will do whats needed for employees and any elements neccessary.
Also have processes and standards which are near nonexistant anymore. A true leader in my book.
Pros
Very workable and understanding
Cons
Home base is in Ontario.