Mistras Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Poor management
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB10 February 2019
Poor management with harassment complaints not addressed. People just get fired when they bring up issues. USA run company with prejudice and nepotism. No security or advancement unless you are a robot that does not have an opinion.
Pros
Good shift cycle
Cons
Company safety is non existant only what the client dictates
ok
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON30 January 2019
Great company, learned a lot. Poor management and work culture. The hardest part of the job is not been recognized for your job. Being able to satisfy customers and ensuring good quality of work was nice.
Cons
no breaks
Very Safety oriented
Rope Access Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 January 2019
I only worked a shut down for this company so it is hard for me to say what it is like working as a permanent worker. I can say that I enjoyed my time working with them. I found them to be very safety oriented and that is very important in my industry. And they were very organized in mobilizing me.
Pros
Safe Environment
Cons
Very rural work environment
Great Technicians
NDE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 March 2018
It is not a bad company to work for, if you can get past being in camp for 10-15 days at a time. I have been working with this company for quite some time now. Overall great people on a field level, makes life so much easier working with such good people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 January 2018
Fact paced, good location. Enjoyed working with team and independently as well. Good management. rapid change of assigned duties. Opportunity to learn new things.
Nice company
NDT Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 October 2017
Nice jobs, team focused, safety is important. Learn a lot.
Évaluation de Mistras bureau de Lévis
Inspecteur en essai non destructif (Current Employee) –  Lévis, QC27 September 2017
Le personnel est compétent, professionnel et dévoué. Le salaire et les avantages sociaux sont bons. Le travail est stimulant. C'est un endroit qui aurait besoin de se mettre à jour au niveau des technologies. Côté administration, des efforts seraient à faire puisque il y a beaucoup de roulement de personnel. Le service à la clientèle est discutable et difficile à joindre.
Pros
Bonne école pour débuter une carrière dans le NDT
Cons
Ambiance de travail négative
Mistras ne m'apporte pas ce que je recherche.
assistante en essai non destructif (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC28 August 2017
Difficile de détailler chaque Compagnie mais pour moi, j'ai aimée chacune d'elles. Je n'ai jamais vécue ou presque de discrimination. Je fait toujours mon travail et étant perfectionniste et je me sens respecter de tous.

Mistras ne m'apportais pas ce que je recherchais. Une bonne compagnie mais pour moi les heures de fin de journée et de soir ne me convenais pas.
Pros
Pas de discrimination de sexe.
Cons
Aucun avantage dans les petites entreprises
Definitely one of the worst companies I've ever worked for
Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB19 August 2017
Started with Mistras back in March 2016 at the Kearl Lake Imperial Oil site. Formerly working on this same site with Acuren since 2013. Very poor Management (Fort McMurray site) from the top down to site supervisors. Unprofessional and unqualified. Imperial Oil doesn't even like this particular group of Managers. I think and Hope Mistras in general is much better than this particular office.
Pros
Money, experience
Cons
No job security, no home life, incompetent management
Loved my time with Mistras, Fort McMurray
Rope Access Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 August 2017
Very much a team, great co-workers and lower management.
Pay was excellent, I personally never had issues getting pay, but others did.
Equipment as always good, well looked after. If you needed any gear, lower management would always try and get it, upper management always fought them on it.
Overall, I enjoyed my time at Mistras.
Pros
Good pay, great lower management
Cons
Upper management is terrible. Hire friends & promote to positions that they dont need.
Great Team
Inspection Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 July 2017
Mistras is an up and coming NDE/Construction company. They will make an impact on the other competitors and if you have the certifications they are looking for, consider yourself hired.
Great people to work with, but poor upper management
Rope Access Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB9 June 2017
Very good place to work due to your co-workers, great people.
Its the people on the site, getting their hands dirty that make a company.
But a company can only go so far on good people at the ground level, it also needs good management.
That is where this company fails, their are too many managers, and they spend more time brushing donut crumbs off their shirts on their overhanging stomachs then they do onsite, listening to the workers or the clients.
It could be a great company, but will always be held back by poor management in Fort McMurray.
Pros
Great work environment and co-workers
Cons
Upper management offers poor leadership to those on sites
very small company
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB15 February 2017
as a sub company of a giant europe company. It did not grow very well in canada. Hard to survive at this oil industry down time.
emploi plaisant
Commis à la facturation (Current Employee) –  Jonquiere, QC20 January 2017
emploi pertinent
apprendre le travail d'équipe la gestion du stress la patience
Pros
travail de semaine
Cons
travail 6 mois par année
Great team
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Terrebonne, QC7 September 2016
The co-workers with who I'm working on my project make a huge difference Be the leader of this team is a great experience. A team is not just people who work together, it's people that you can trust.
Great people, fun to work with
Radiographer (Current Employee) –  Olds, AB19 May 2016
Great multi national company to work for, oppurtunities in all fields of NDT. Very fare pay and always willing to help you out if you need it.
Productive and fun place to work
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 January 2015
Mistras Canada is really a great company to work for. Mistras Canada is very clients orientated. Like to work there.

Management is good and honest. Paycheck is always right witch is sometime a problem in this industry.
treated well in the oil patch
xray assistant (Former Employee) –  fort mcmuray alberta5 December 2014
the oil patch is a rough place to work but mistras group offered job security as well as training and incentive advancement. all and all a great company to work for . i enjoyed working with my father as my direct boss. saftey was a big part of the job as we were working with radiation but it was a great time.
Pros
good pay
Classic NDT company
Assist operator in Automated Ultrasonics (Former Employee) –  Olds, AB5 July 2014
I was located on a pipeline project in the middle of nowhere so all I realy knew was the small crew I was working with. My crew and supervisor were awesome but after that many months with the same couple people anyone will go crazy. It was clear managment was all over the place