Mississaugua Golf and Country Club

Mississaugua Golf and Country Club Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
Best Golf Course to Gain Experience
Anyone interested in the golf industry should apply here.

I have worked a variety of different jobs at three very different levels of golf course (Public,Private,"Luxury")

The membership and upper management feels like they genuinely want to get to know you.

Golf Ops staff are managed directly by "Team Leaders", who also have some shifts where they are on regular duties, so there is an impressive level of teamwork and co-operation among everyone.

Also a pretty good daily meal for all staff.
Five star
I would recommend to my friends distillate best website to go through easy to find a job any kind of jobMy wife is looking for the job I will tell her to go through this very easy and fast way
A workplace with a new event everyday
A serving job in numerous locations, such as the main restaurant, pub, and during banquet events in two different locations of the country club.

The staff at Mississaugua Golf and Country Club are the most understanding and welcoming group of people imaginable. From the staff, I have learned how to work in a team, train others, and work independently.

The most enjoyable part of the job is hosting outside events, especially corporate parties and weddings. The hardest part of the job is attempting to remember the private members and their preferences and allergies.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement
Great Company to work for
Fantastic company to work for. They were one of the rare places to give medical and eye benefits to employees who were seasonal or part time employees as well.
Generally good place for short term work. Some long term opportunities.
Overall it was a good place to work, only difficulty is advancement. Some departments are better than others. Generally employees are treated fairly well, although salaries could be higher. All in all it was a good experience.
Pros
Free meals and golf.
Cons
Little stability.
Manageable work environment
It is usually busy when there are functions, I have learned how to be more responsible and depended. Management is very respectful and friendly. All workers are friendly and respectful towards each other. Hardest part of this job would be when it is a busy day when alot of customers are in.
Pros
free food
Cons
no set hours
Fun job, terrible organization
This job is fairly standard on it's pay and hours for the type of work being done. Of course there is always varying factors in how many hours you can work in a week based off climate. Light rain you keep going, lightning you are expected to take shelter, and heavy rain or extreme heat they will send you home early.

The bosses in Greens are very easy going when time off is needed for things like doctors appointments, sick days, and understanding with personal situations that may require you to be somewhere other than work. They are for the most part incredibly helpful and kind individuals that make sure to tell you you're doing a good job and help you do better.

There is always plenty of staff events through the season, many BBQs, playing baseball, going to a Jays game and sometimes others also. They strongly encourage a team environment by bringing everyone together for these events and always thanking the team for their efforts.

For me, however, I found the bad started to outweigh the good. The bosses are too lenient for many things. They get taken advantage of and do nothing about it. A few staff show up late or not at all and don't get spoken to about it. On weekends staff often show up hung over or still drunk, making their ability to perform low. I understand being hung over and coming in once in awhile but it's consistently the same people and on a regular basis. A large number of the staff that show up every day well enough to work, would rather not. It is a large course and the bosses have a large amount of tasks to complete during the course of a work day,
 - more...
Pros
Outdoors, staff events (BBQs, baseball etc) fun staff
Cons
No punishment for poor work ethic, many lost hours for golf tournaments, lack of organization
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mississaugua Golf and Country Club?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mississaugua Golf and Country Club. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2