Mississauga Hyundai Employee Reviews

Service department. This place turned upside down
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2018
The management style is one of micro management compounded by poor leadership. The extremely high turnover of staff in all departments is an indication that this is not a healthy environment to work in. People quit out of frustration and no changes occur in the management. Good technicians will not stick around for a long time. First they pay less time for jobs comparing with other Hyundai dealerships. Good and easy jobs, example like services 3 will go to owners’ favorite techs cause they get paid salaries plus bonuses. Trust me these guys will make over 25 hrs a day while you were be doing recalls, drivability issues, short blocks, diagnoses, warranty work which pays nothing. Best joke of this dealership is the shop foremen who can’t even fix his own car.
Great place to beat your head against the wall. Hope you enjoy working there 6 days a week.
Pros
Some good workers
Cons
Sad culture that's become worse recently
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2018
Was a vibrant environment that's become a metronome of unhappiness. There has been some Management changes that hurt the overall team. They have decided to make us wear ties like we are a Catholic School environment, only to segregate Upper Management from us as Upper Management wears a bow ties just because of their insecurity, it's actually quite comical. They think these ridiculous changes will sell vehicles. Mississauga Hyundai was the #1 store for years but only #1 now because they fake sell cars under Hyundai head office request. We literally fake sold 160 cars last month so don't let the " we are number #1" foul you if you're applying.

Some of our Management team were lot staff and fudged interviews apparently.

The hardest part of the job is deflecting the requests to work 6 days a week as our service department works 7 days.They never talk about this in the original interviews.

There is some awesome Sales staff that I truly do enjoy working with and by far this is the best part of the job. Some great people in our service department too. My favorite part of the job are some of the awesome customers I get get to take care of.

Our company meetings outside of work are usually cheap events that allows ownership to brag about their own accomplishments instead of celebrating the hard work of the departments. Ownership can also be found parking in disabled parking which is quite disturbing to be honest.
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Great place to work.. at times
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2017
Amazing team right from the GM, sales mangers, and the sales staff, minus a few outliers. Very team based enviroment that would reflect to the customers! Lots of customer traffic, and a turn based "up" system that would prevent customers from not being spoken to.

Now as for the overall picture, its a lot gloomier then it firstly seems. Favoritism beyond your wildest imaginations, Way too many hands involved into making simple decisions, that could still be overturned at the drop of a dime. Oh, and having your commisson penciled if you have a healthy profit in a vehicle is absolutely unacceptable, and you will be told that if you don't like it, you can leave.
Pros
Lots of traffic
Cons
the owner
Good people
Service Rep/Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2017
My co workers were very nice. I enjoyed the work environment. I learned a lot every day I was there. The workplace culture was the best part of the job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Awesome place to work, friendly enviromenet and workers
Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Parts departement19 September 2017
Applied for my position and got a phone call back almost immediately. The review went smoothly had no reason to be nervous everyone was inviting. The manager is very reasonable and a great guy to get a long with.

So far a awesome place to work. Always something todo never a dull momment.
Pros
Good working hours, great co-workers.
Cons
No cons so far
Great Place to work
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 September 2017
It was a decent 6 months of work. Although i did have to move on to continue my studies, i was very happy with the place i worked. Management was great. Very understanding and straight to the point. Minimal micromanagement unless there was an issue, but even then it was discussed, and we moved on with our day. Miss working there!
Pros
Fun Place to work
Cons
Sometimes being on the road was tiring
Terrible management. Hard work doesn't get rewarded
Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2017
I worked at this location for years before moving on. The only reason i stayed that long is due to the honest good friendly workers in the service department. There are ways to many managers in the service department. They treat their techs like scum at this location. The fixed op manager isnt very knowledgeable about vehicles at all. The shop foreman doesnt know much either. They sceme cheat and lie. They dont things by the book and professionally.

I would have to say that this was one of the most uncomfortable places i have ever worked at in my life.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Management. Hours. Open 7 days a week.
Service department
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 February 2017
1.This dealership does not care if you have a life outside of work. Open 7 days a week is great for customers but not for employees. Constantly pushing 6 day weeks on employees.
2.This dealership runs a double standard for management and certain employees as opposed to other employees, if you want to succeed make sure you where your knee pads to work everyday.
3. Management is inexperienced, fixed operations manager has no experience turning wrenches, he was never a technician, but a parts manager before being promoted, therefore he cannot relate to technicians positions. The shop foreman doesn't really do much more than sit at his desk and eat food for 9 hrs a day. This department has 2 assistant service managers, a shop foreman, dispatcher and a fixed operations manager, the level of micromanagement is extremely high.

This dealership could be great if they valued their employees more than their customer, as well as hiring experienced management. Employee morale is low here, and within your first month in you will begin to see it.
Pros
Recently acquired a HR dept. Which tries to value employees more.
Cons
It was very productive ten years working.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2016
Typical accounting work. Went through full cycle of accounting during more than ten years. Started from daily deposit, payable, receivable, finished tax remittance and financial statement. Like to do payroll, commission and regular.
Highly motivated sales culture.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 March 2016
Highly motivated sales culture. Not only are the Sales Managers supportive but the sales team is just as friendly.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork put in by the whole dealership in order to assist with customers.
Pros
Turn Based System for Staff
Cons
N/a
Great place to work.
sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Erin Mills, ON16 November 2015
Mississauga Hyundai is a great place to work. Excellent management and tons of customer flow. I would highly recommend this dealership to a career focused individual.