Mississauga Hyundai

Mississauga Hyundai Employee Reviews

At the time that the management is very nice you make very little money as almost every car is sold at cost. The problem is not with the dealership, it's the mother company who encourages customers to bargain.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Long hours needed if you would like to make some money
Working at Mississauga Hyundai/Genesis was very rewarding. The atmosphere was fast paced, long hours but very enjoyable , general management was excellent worked with you to make sure you succeeded in all areas.
Pros
Lots of Staff events
Cons
Long Hours
Place is a joke run by young inmature managers that have no clue what there doing. You cant make money there too many sales people only $100 flats. Nav doesnt care about his employees only his bank account.
Work environment energy is consistently negative and opposing sides within company. Needs to gain team work qualities in order to keep employees from leaving.
The management style is one of micro management compounded by poor leadership. The extremely high turnover of staff in all departments is an indication that this is not a healthy environment to work in. People quit out of frustration and no changes occur in the management. Good technicians will not stick around for a long time. First they pay less time for jobs comparing with other Hyundai dealerships. Good and easy jobs, example like services 3 will go to owners’ favorite techs cause they get paid salaries plus bonuses. Trust me these guys will make over 25 hrs a day while you were be doing recalls, drivability issues, short blocks, diagnoses, warranty work which pays nothing. Best joke of this dealership is the shop foremen who can’t even fix his own car. Great place to beat your head against the wall. Hope you enjoy working there 6 days a week.
Pros
Some good workers
Cons
Amazing people to work with but.... unfortunately within a last few years, at least 8 to 10 very talented people from a different departments have left the company. A half of them were managers. In service and parts department people are changing almost daily. There is no balance between the work and the life. You're expected to be there 6 days a week. There is a lot of great people over there but there is a lot of micro management too. To get promoted and to become a manager is impossible from the inside. Managers are always hired from the outside. That's so unfair. You can be the best of the best, but that won't happen. The lunch on Saturday is always the same pizza and if the company spends more than $200 on 40 people on Saturday, that would be a miracle. We had Subway sandwiches for a few months only but that was to much to spend for the company (or maybe we didn't deserve that),so we were back to the same cheap pizza just in few weeks!!! The owner often doesn't even acknowledge the employees and often doesn't even say hi to them. He never asks you how is your family or so...He doesn't care about you. He cares about your numbers only. Sad to say that the company is always trying to find the way how not to pay them what the industry actually pays. Hyundai as a brand should change their selling strategy and their very long financing terms. Many people are coming back to make another purchase and trade in their cars, but they have negative equity and people feel bad about that. Overall, it used to be a great place to work until the changes....
Pros
Great people/team atmosphere
Cons
Management/Owner
Was a vibrant environment that's become a metronome of unhappiness. There has been some Management changes that hurt the overall team. They have decided to make us wear ties like we are a Catholic School environment, only to segregate Upper Management from us as Upper Management wears a bow ties just because of their insecurity, it's actually quite comical. They think these ridiculous changes will sell vehicles. Mississauga Hyundai was the #1 store for years but only #1 now because they fake sell cars under Hyundai head office request. We literally fake sold 160 cars last month so don't let the " we are number #1" foul you if you're applying. Some of our Management team were lot staff and fudged interviews apparently. The hardest part of the job is deflecting the requests to work 6 days a week as our service department works 7 days.They never talk about this in the original interviews. There is some awesome Sales staff that I truly do enjoy working with and by far this is the best part of the job. Some great people in our service department too. My favorite part of the job are some of the awesome customers I get get to take care of. Our company meetings outside of work are usually cheap events that allows ownership to brag about their own accomplishments instead of celebrating the hard work of the departments. Ownership can also be found parking in disabled parking which is quite disturbing to be honest.
Pros
Some nice staff
Cons
Amazing team right from the GM, sales mangers, and the sales staff, minus a few outliers. Very team based enviroment that would reflect to the customers! Lots of customer traffic, and a turn based "up" system that would prevent customers from not being spoken to. Now as for the overall picture, its a lot gloomier then it firstly seems. Favoritism beyond your wildest imaginations, Way too many hands involved into making simple decisions, that could still be overturned at the drop of a dime. Oh, and having your commisson penciled if you have a healthy profit in a vehicle is absolutely unacceptable, and you will be told that if you don't like it, you can leave.
Pros
Lots of traffic
Cons
the owner
My co workers were very nice. I enjoyed the work environment. I learned a lot every day I was there. The workplace culture was the best part of the job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Applied for my position and got a phone call back almost immediately. The review went smoothly had no reason to be nervous everyone was inviting. The manager is very reasonable and a great guy to get a long with. So far a awesome place to work. Always something todo never a dull momment.
Pros
Good working hours, great co-workers.
Cons
No cons so far
It was a decent 6 months of work. Although i did have to move on to continue my studies, i was very happy with the place i worked. Management was great. Very understanding and straight to the point. Minimal micromanagement unless there was an issue, but even then it was discussed, and we moved on with our day. Miss working there!
Pros
Fun Place to work
Cons
Sometimes being on the road was tiring
I worked at this location for years before moving on. The only reason i stayed that long is due to the honest good friendly workers in the service department. There are ways to many managers in the service department. They treat their techs like scum at this location. The fixed op manager isnt very knowledgeable about vehicles at all. The shop foreman doesnt know much either. They sceme cheat and lie. They dont things by the book and professionally. I would have to say that this was one of the most uncomfortable places i have ever worked at in my life.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Management. Hours. Open 7 days a week.
1.This dealership does not care if you have a life outside of work. Open 7 days a week is great for customers but not for employees. Constantly pushing 6 day weeks on employees. 2.This dealership runs a double standard for management and certain employees as opposed to other employees, if you want to succeed make sure you where your knee pads to work everyday. 3. Management is inexperienced, fixed operations manager has no experience turning wrenches, he was never a technician, but a parts manager before being promoted, therefore he cannot relate to technicians positions. The shop foreman doesn't really do much more than sit at his desk and eat food for 9 hrs a day. This department has 2 assistant service managers, a shop foreman, dispatcher and a fixed operations manager, the level of micromanagement is extremely high. This dealership could be great if they valued their employees more than their customer, as well as hiring experienced management. Employee morale is low here, and within your first month in you will begin to see it.
Pros
Recently acquired a HR dept. Which tries to value employees more.
Cons
Typical accounting work. Went through full cycle of accounting during more than ten years. Started from daily deposit, payable, receivable, finished tax remittance and financial statement. Like to do payroll, commission and regular.
Highly motivated sales culture. Not only are the Sales Managers supportive but the sales team is just as friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the teamwork put in by the whole dealership in order to assist with customers.
Pros
Turn Based System for Staff
Cons
N/a
Mississauga Hyundai is a great place to work. Excellent management and tons of customer flow. I would highly recommend this dealership to a career focused individual.