Mission Health Employee Review

View all Mission Health reviews

My day
Nursing Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 August 2017
A typical day at work includes, Booking appointments for patients, Transcribing doctors orders, Answering multi line telephone calls, filing, ordering lab work and medical imaging request. Admitting and discharging patients. Booking out patient procedures. Faxing and copying information.
I have Learned lots of medical terminology from working in various places around the hospital. Pharmacology terminology as well. I have learned to work in a team or as a independent worker. My management team is great, always there to support you when needed.
The hardest part of the job would be when you get close with a patient and they pass away. Also not bringing home the stress you carry at work.
The most enjoyable part is being able to help people in anyway I can. Also seeing staff members you become close with through out the work day.

Other Mission Health Employee Reviews

The best place to work so far
Phlebotomist/Medical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mission, BC2 February 2018
I started working back in the hospital setting after 4 years of being employed elsewhere, and it's the best decision I could have made. Mission Hospital is small enough to have that personal, family feeling and I have found that everyone that works there, from the Doctors to the house keeping staff are absolutely amazing and friendly. It not only feels like we are a team, but we have proven it. I love my job and the people I work with. My managers and supervisors are wonderful and there's really no other place I desire to work.
Pros
The job is what I've always wanted
Cons
Not enough hours
Very productive workplace
Nursing Administration (Site leading) (Current Employee) –  Mission, BC19 October 2012
Busy ER deprtment, pt's of all ages, triaging on nights/days; I have learned invaluable skills in ER treatment methods, trauma, extremely pleasant working envoronment
Hardest part - death of a pt
Pros
lots of learning opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mission Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Mission Health Reviews by Location