Mission Health Employee Reviews

3.5Pay & Benefits
3.1Job Security & Advancement
My day
Nursing Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 August 2017
A typical day at work includes, Booking appointments for patients, Transcribing doctors orders, Answering multi line telephone calls, filing, ordering lab work and medical imaging request. Admitting and discharging patients. Booking out patient procedures. Faxing and copying information.
I have Learned lots of medical terminology from working in various places around the hospital. Pharmacology terminology as well. I have learned to work in a team or as a independent worker. My management team is great, always there to support you when needed.
The hardest part of the job would be when you get close with a patient and they pass away. Also not bringing home the stress you carry at work.
The most enjoyable part is being able to help people in anyway I can. Also seeing staff members you become close with through out the work day.
Very productive workplace
Nursing Administration (Site leading) (Current Employee) –  Mission, BC19 October 2012
Busy ER deprtment, pt's of all ages, triaging on nights/days; I have learned invaluable skills in ER treatment methods, trauma, extremely pleasant working envoronment
Hardest part - death of a pt
Pros
lots of learning opportunities