Mirmil Products Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work!!!
Accounting Clerk/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON5 June 2019
I have worked for this company for a few years and I have nothing but good things to say. This company has grown so much since I have started here. I am treated with respect and thanked everyday for the work that I do. If you take the initiative to learn new things then you will be compensated for it. The work is always changing so everyday there is always something different going on. Management and my co-workers are great and easy to get along with. We are provided appreciation lunches through out the year as well as lunches every week in December for Christmas.
Good environment to work and learn
Draftsperson (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON3 June 2019
I've been working here for over a year and I have nothing to complain so far. The company has been fair and I've been learning new things every day. People are patient and show interest to teach you once you want to learn. I have good colleagues, good managers and I have never a single problem since my first day in this company.
Pros
Environment and opportunity to learn
Cons
I'ts located in Trenton
Don't bother, turnover is insanely high.
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON10 May 2019
Minimum wage job, 0 job security, NO Benefits because the owner is to cheap to pay alittle in so it's cheaper for employees, unsafe and hostile place to work. My experience working here has been like falling down 15 flights of stairs and landing on my face, if you like poor wage, no benefits, vacation days picked for you, unsafe conditions, being called names and yelled at by the owner, then this is the place for you.
Pros
Absolutely none.
Cons
Everything about that place. Can't give zero stars or I would
No humanity
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON10 January 2019
Management only seems to care about what is upcoming. No benefits with the ever present promise of a raise from minimum wage. Forced overtime. Nobody can ever make a good enough product or do a good enough job.
Pros
Fixed hours
Cons
Can't list them all here
Draftsman
Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON28 December 2018
Great environment, nothing to complain, besides the salary.
They include two 15 min (real) breaks plus the 30 min lunch break, nice job to learn new skills.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Salary
A Changing Workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON3 August 2018
I really enjoyed working there. The company has recently undergone a lot of changes to make it a better working environment. They now have an employee committee who meets regularly and discusses what things they can do to improve the workplace. They are currently working towards implementing a benefit package for employees and have started a social fund to raise money to better the workplace or donate to those in need.
Mirmil has done a serious cleanup inside and outside the shop for a safer, more clean work environment for all involved. They have slowly started to implement some 5S ideas to improve their workplace organization. Over time, I think you will see many more 5S improvements at Mirmil.
They offer training for employees who want to learn more about different jobs within Mirmil. They advise those who are willing and wanting to learn to express their interest in doing so. There is lots of opportunity to learn more about architectural millwork within the company and to expand your skill set. I learned a lot from building cabinets, to helping in the shipping department, to sanding and finishing products in the paint shop, and helping to assemble larger millwork pieces.
It’s a great place to work and the company is striving to be better everyday.
Boring repeditive work.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Trenton ontario1 June 2018
Not a good employer.
Management is very rude.
Boring and repeditive work!
They do not pay the contractors!
Yet they get handouts from the goverment to create work.
Hostile environment and high turnover.
Pros
on the job training
Cons
long hours low pay
Terrible workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON1 February 2018
Terrible place to work , very unorganized and terrible pay , management treat you like garbage and the owner is a real piece of work ,some co workers are tolerable but overall terrible workplace , very unsafe place to work aswell
Great management
Draftsperson (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON29 January 2018
Vast knowledge of millwork. Owner and management are great and easy to get along with. You will work on some amazing projects here! If only I could continue to live closer I would have continued to work here.
Place is a hole to work in
Associate (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON19 January 2018
Owner/manager is a real piece of work, treats employees like numbers and doesn't even know your name. Really really really bad organization to work for and horrible wages
Pros
Cons
Management, pay
Entiteled management
Worker (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON12 December 2017
They just suck, Don't work for them.

Self centered management
BS environment
Scam artists
Pay nothing / scam contractors as much as possible

Forever unsatisfied -> so no pay increase, Everybody is stupid but them
Excellent co-workers
Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON14 March 2017
An inclusive working environment that contributes to advancement of understanding the job and thoroughness of the work done which results in high quality product and installation.
Good people and interesting work
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON11 January 2017
I enjoyed working there, they offer all the proper PPE and training. I learned many wood working skills. I was never scolded if I made a mistake, rather shown the proper technique.
Pros
steady hours (42.5+)
Cons
Wages are not competitive
Just another dead end job
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trenton Ontario3 August 2015
You're basically on an assembly line of making cabinets. Starts at minimum wage and getting more than a dollar raise you'll have to give much too much effort than the job is worth. Its just way too boring to work here.
Pros
paid lunch, two unpaid breaks
Cons
minimum wage, boring, sketchy co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mirmil Products. Our community is ready to answer.

Mirmil Products Reviews by Location