MIRCH MASALA RESTAURANT Employee Reviews

2.7Job Security & Advancement
Work like a family in restaurant. Staff members are very co-operative and friendly too.
Food Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC29 December 2016
I worked in restaurant for 5 years and all staff members are like a family member for me. I learn how to do team work here. Work environment is pretty cool.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dineer. Free ride to work.
Cons
Busy Workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  1409 Gerrard Street East30 July 2016
A typical day would involve doing tasks such as peeling garlic, cleaning plates and other utensils before the restaurant was open to the public. However; once the restaurant was open to the public my day would pass by doing tasks such as taking customers orders, taking water to their table and attending to them for any other things they may want. On a weekday the day would mostly be quiet, with about a minimum of three tables to a maximum of eight tables. On busy days, especially the weekends both floors of Mirch Masala would be packed with customers, that on many ocassions customers would be waiting outside to get a table to sit at.
I have learned that handling a business takes a lot of work on behalf of the owner, but when that business is a restaurant it takes a lot more work and your social life can suffer at times.
The duration of my time at Mirch Masala was quite pleasant with regard to management and co-workers as they were quite decent. The hardest part of the job was long hours and belligerent customers who would blame you for things which weren't your fault, as a result there were quite a few incidences of public outbursts and fights between the owners and customers and the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to taste the delicious food that would be cooked everyday.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours, belligerent customers