Minus Forty Technologies Employee Reviews in Georgetown, ON

Wonderful atmosphere and culture!
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON14 June 2019
Minus Forty is a fantastic place to work. You are treated fairly by very approachable and supportive Supervisors and Managers. Every tool you need to do your job is provided as well as extremely thorough training with a strong focus on safety.

You feel as though you are a member of a family when you work here and you can't help but take pride in the quality product this place is producing as well as the stunning growth this company is achieving.

The enthusiasm for excellence is contagious factory-wide.
Pros
Four day work week, competitive wages, health benefits, rewards for achieving monthly goals.
Great Company!
Innovation Manager (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON12 June 2019
Minus Forty has a great company culture and a supportive management team. They provide lunch events and meetings to involve all staff members in new company developments and news. Individuals are encouraged to learn more and take on additional responsibilities when available.

Most jobs are posted internally allowing any individual to apply to new positions as they become available.

There can be swings in workload, just like any job. Fortunately, the team members are always willing to step up and help out when any individual feels overwhelmed.

The company offers 4 day work weeks for production members and summer hours for office staff. This allows everyone to enjoy 3 day weekends throughout the summer and year-round 3 day weekends for the production team.
Pros
Four day work week for production team members (10hr days)
A great long term place to work. You are rewarded fast for great work ethic.
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON12 June 2019
I've worked here at Minus Forty for a very long time. Its a non unionized environment that rewards its employees based on your work ethic. Not how long you've been there. They are a very diverse company that treats their employees well. I've never worked for a company that cares about their employees so much. Annual Thanksgiving lunches, Christmas Lunches, Summer BBQ's, Good benefits, and they even sent an Ice Cream Truck once on a very hot day to help with the heat! Work is work, and everyone wants to feel valued. What keeps me coming back day to day is the people, a fantastic environment to be in. Management cares and tries to deal with the problems, some days feel like high school. But you pretty much get that any where. The best part... 4 Day Work Weeks! I love having a long weekend every weekend, and don't mind when we need to work the odd Monday. What goes around comes around.
Pros
BBQ's, and Catered Lunches! Air Conditioned Break Rooms & Good Management
Cons
Parking is tough & Space is tight
free donuts at meetings
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON9 September 2018
overworked under paid..no pay increases after the 3 month probation for 2 years...pay is locked at 16.50 an hour,, no chance for advancement.. really hot in the summer months

Thank you for your review.

We appreciate all feedback on how we can improve the environment for our current/future employees.

I'd just like to address a few of your statements below:
- We provide increases at the end of the 3-month probation based on your progress over your first 3-months. On average, maybe 1 in 20 employees will not receive at LEAST a $500 annual increase at the end of their probationary period. Out of a workforce of 90 manufacturing team members, the odds you won't receive one is quite low.
- If in 2 years, you have not received an increase, management will always provide you with changes we need to see to reward you with a monetary increase. Again, this is a very rare occurance. 99% of our employees receive an increase even if it's only $0.25 at least every 12 months.
- I will admit advancement can be challenging. This is not because we don't have talented employees, but typically because we have a committed team. Our more senior roles don't see much attrition/turnover so vacancies in higher paying roles with more responsibility can be tough to come across. If you show consistently high quality work and give us 100%, you will be rewarded accodingly when possible but consistency is the key to advancement at MFT.
- There's no denying our plant temperatures are affected by the summer heat. We do our best to provide employees with fans and cold water at their work stations and even popsicles and other ways to cool off when we can.

Great learning experience.
General Labourer, Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON22 May 2018
Good place to learn job skills for ones future. Professional experience, as well as hands on experience with new equipment. Education of 'lean 6 sigma' for a productive work environment and WHIMIS for a safe work space. Fast paced environment.

- Minus Forty Technologies' HR Manager

Fun and room for advancement but with glaring descrepencies between treatment of night and day shifts
Press Brake Operator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON11 May 2017
Would recommend for anyone who is a hard worker looking for room to advance in a company. The head management team is among the best ive ever seen with a little bit of a less than stellar middle management and again stellar lower management
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Long Hours, Worker needs not acknowledged, Preferencial treatment of day shift.
12 June 2019

Thank you for your review.

We have made changes to improve the MFT experience for our night team of under 5 employees, with different modes of increasing company communication to keep everyone in the loop.

Well managed,
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON22 January 2017
For the past seven years I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Minus Forty Technologies. I have grown with the company and moved my way through the ranks. The only reason I wish to find another job, is lack of opportunity.

I wish to find employment where I can further my skills.
Pros
Communication and professionalism
Cons
lack of advancing opportunities
12 June 2019

Thank you for your review.

Opportunities for advancement can be challenging due to a few factors. One being, we are a fairly small company so there are only a handful of supervisors/managers within production. Another is that we are fortunate to have a group of long-term and loyal in the supervisory/management roles and therefore, vacancies can be tough to come across.

We do however offer tuition and training reimbursement which allows our long-term team members to take any courses outside of the walls of MFT to promote their own development providing skill sets even outside of their current role.

Nice Place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON16 December 2016
I found this place to be a good work environment. The management was fair. they are willing to teach you and move you around to learn new skills. Its a small company but great place to be at.
Pros
Good Work Environment Monday to Friday
Cons
every place has its hiccups

Very good
Outer assembly (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON11 February 2015
This company was pretty good all round. Team members were great with a can do attitude. Supervisors, employees and managers always strive their best to get the work done that needed to be done together.
Pros
breaks were good, employees were helpful
Cons
sometimes quota was more then employees could do

Thank you for your review.

We think our team members are pretty great too.

- Minus Forty Technologies' HR Manager

stedy workload, funny co-workers, cleen enviroment
final inspection (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON9 April 2013
i was a nomal job with fair wages and normal hours. i enjoyed the workload for the most part i always had somkething to keep me busy. if i wanted more hours all i had to do was ask.
Pros
friendly vp and owners
Cons
some of the co-workes, clicks and groups among the plant

Thank you for your review.

This is still true, if you're looking for work, just let our Manufacturing Manager know and he'll let you know when you could possibly come in for overtime based on our needs and your availability.