Minus Forty Technologies

Minus Forty Technologies Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
Very busy but clean environment with lots of people.
Not a bad place to work overall. The pay isn't that great but there is a good team environment. They offer very poor training so it's good to have some prior experience with hand tools and assembly work. It's a very fast pace on the production line so also expect to go home tired everyday.
Do not do it
The culture they try to portrait is false in every aspect. Everything is about squeezing every cent they can out of their management team . Grossly underpaid for what they demand .
Pros
If they like you........bonus is larger
Cons
Too much to list
Wonderful Company!
I have worked at Minus Forty for 8 years now and I can honestly say this is the best Company I have ever worked for. They have provided me with countless opportunities to grow and be successful both in life and at my job. Anyone who has a desire to learn and the dedication to work hard will be very successful here at Minus Forty.

I spend most of my day in the office and just like on the plant floor, we have very ergonomic work stations. All of our desks can electronically rise to the standing position, and our monitors and hardware are set up with ergonomics and long term health in mind.
long days
it's nice to have the 3 days off , better the 10 hour work days can be long at times .By the time my shift is over and I get home I'm exhausted . I've been fortunate to work with some get people , too bad the pay is so poor , they seem to have a revolving door policy there .
Great Place to Work!
The culture of this company is great and everyone I work with is amazing. The company has experienced exponential growth, as a result generating room for advancement and development. Working with Minus Forty has been an excellent opportunity both professionally and personally. Fun, Clean and toxic free environment!
Minus Forty is an exceptional company to work for!!
Joining Minus Forty Technologies in 2003 as a general laborer, throughout the years I have been provided many opportunities for personal and professional development. At the beginning working in different manufacturing areas and then having the good fortune to assist in admin positions and move to my current position in the accounting office. Not only am I surrounded by brilliant, friendly, and talented people Minus Forty helps you succeed by encouraging growth through internal and external training opportunities and certifications and they recognize and reward your hard work. With Minus Forty’s support, I was able to complete college classes, various certifications, and many training courses. Since I’ve been here, Minus Forty has set the bar on constant growth and improvement. Whether it’s process improvement initiatives for the entire organization, or just skill development courses for individual employees, Minus Forty continues to do what it takes to be the best.
The unanticipated, yet superb company culture is probably my favorite distinguishing feature about working here. Minus Forty cares about the employee and understands that a dedicated organization fosters a dedicated employee. Minus Forty encourages participation from all employees. No idea is a bad idea and Minus Forty meets regularly to allow employees to be heard. I once read a quote that said “Most people in big companies are administered, not led. They are treated as personnel, not people.” Minus Forty does just the opposite. They understand employees are people and people like to be treated with respect. Minus
 - more...
An environment that fosters improvement and a drive to build an industry leading product
Minus Forty affords employees the opportunity to work in an environment that is continually looking to improve on current processes with a goal of building world-class coolers and freezers. Employee input is encouraged and is a key factor in the success of Minus Forty.
Really GREAT Culture!
It's really disappointing to see the negative reviews. I can only assume these people were fired or let go. I've personally been here for longer then 3 months and can say its a fantastic place to work. Management actually CARES and takes your concerns seriously and does things to improve. Its a fast paced environment, so the days fly by, and I love the 4 day work week. Keep up the great work Minus Forty.
working apart of a team where everyone helps eachother and solves different issues together was a less stressful work environment
The ability to work with a variety of different people and solving issues either together or by myself. This job has boosted my self confidence and my ability to take charge of different situations being that i am good at them. The hardest part of the job is the long hours and starting so early in the morning but i have been able to stick to it for over a year now and am very proud of my perseverance through those tougher days.
Cheap and ignorant
Look at the only positive reviews. They’re all written at the same time. Obviously written by the company. Skilled work at McDonalds wages. Run away !
Can you even say hello?
Management is a total joke at this location. The whole atmosphere is unwelcoming. Tedious and very obsolete hiring process. No ongoing commitments for the well being of current employees and new hires.

Not even worthy of one star.
Pros
Diversify
Cons
Management, HR and Desk Staff
I am posting for a friend
This place hires you for just under 3 months and then they let u go so the do not have to pay benefits. Do not waste your time with this place. Nice staff nice Horrible management,
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Not worth your time.
Great Place to work; What you put in is what you get out of it
Great Place to work. I have seen a lot of positive change and successes here. This is a company that tries it's hardest to make a good product; and do it the right way. It is a team environment and the expectations are to help each other at all times. What you put into any job; is what you get out of it.
Pros
Work Environment
Wonderful atmosphere and culture!
Minus Forty is a fantastic place to work. You are treated fairly by very approachable and supportive Supervisors and Managers. Every tool you need to do your job is provided as well as extremely thorough training with a strong focus on safety.

You feel as though you are a member of a family when you work here and you can't help but take pride in the quality product this place is producing as well as the stunning growth this company is achieving.

The enthusiasm for excellence is contagious factory-wide.
Pros
Four day work week, competitive wages, health benefits, rewards for achieving monthly goals.
Great Company!
Minus Forty has a great company culture and a supportive management team. They provide lunch events and meetings to involve all staff members in new company developments and news. Individuals are encouraged to learn more and take on additional responsibilities when available.

Most jobs are posted internally allowing any individual to apply to new positions as they become available.

There can be swings in workload, just like any job. Fortunately, the team members are always willing to step up and help out when any individual feels overwhelmed.

The company offers 4 day work weeks for production members and summer hours for office staff. This allows everyone to enjoy 3 day weekends throughout the summer and year-round 3 day weekends for the production team.
Pros
Four day work week for production team members (10hr days)
A great long term place to work. You are rewarded fast for great work ethic.
I've worked here at Minus Forty for a very long time. Its a non unionized environment that rewards its employees based on your work ethic. Not how long you've been there. They are a very diverse company that treats their employees well. I've never worked for a company that cares about their employees so much. Annual Thanksgiving lunches, Christmas Lunches, Summer BBQ's, Good benefits, and they even sent an Ice Cream Truck once on a very hot day to help with the heat! Work is work, and everyone wants to feel valued. What keeps me coming back day to day is the people, a fantastic environment to be in. Management cares and tries to deal with the problems, some days feel like high school. But you pretty much get that any where. The best part... 4 Day Work Weeks! I love having a long weekend every weekend, and don't mind when we need to work the odd Monday. What goes around comes around.
Pros
BBQ's, and Catered Lunches! Air Conditioned Break Rooms & Good Management
Cons
Parking is tough & Space is tight
free donuts at meetings
overworked under paid..no pay increases after the 3 month probation for 2 years...pay is locked at 16.50 an hour,, no chance for advancement.. really hot in the summer months
5 June 2019
Thank you for your review.

We appreciate all feedback on how we can improve the environment for our current/future employees.

I'd just like to address a few of your statements below:

- We provide increases at the end of the 3-month probation based on your progress over your first 3-months. On average, maybe 1 in 20 employees will not receive at LEAST a $500 annual increase at the end of their probationary period. Out of a workforce of 90 manufacturing team members, the odds you won't receive one is quite low.

- If in 2 years, you have not received an increase, management will always provide you with changes we need to see to reward you with a monetary increase. Again, this is a very rare occurance. 99% of our employees receive an increase even if it's only $0.25 at least every 12 months.

- I will admit advancement can be challenging. This is not because we don't have talented employees, but typically because we have a committed team. Our more senior roles don't see much attrition/turnover so vacancies in higher paying roles with more responsibility can be tough to come across. If you show consistently high quality work and give us 100%, you will be rewarded accodingly when possible but consistency is the key to advancement at MFT.

- There's no denying our plant temperatures are affected by the summer heat. We do our best to provide employees with fans and cold water at their work stations and even popsicles and other ways to cool off when we can.

Great learning experience.
Good place to learn job skills for ones future. Professional experience, as well as hands on experience with new equipment. Education of 'lean 6 sigma' for a productive work environment and WHIMIS for a safe work space. Fast paced environment.
5 June 2019

- Minus Forty Technologies' HR Manager
Fun and room for advancement but with glaring descrepencies between treatment of night and day shifts
Would recommend for anyone who is a hard worker looking for room to advance in a company. The head management team is among the best ive ever seen with a little bit of a less than stellar middle management and again stellar lower management
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Long Hours, Worker needs not acknowledged, Preferencial treatment of day shift.
Thank you for your review.

We have made changes to improve the MFT experience for our night team of under 5 employees, with different modes of increasing company communication to keep everyone in the loop.

Ok place to work
Some jobs include heavy lifting. Stand for 8 hour shifts.
Summer time with free outside bbq's.

Employee "Suggestion Box" is a great idea.

Other production workers are great to work with. Management tries to assist with any issues or problems that arise.

Monday morning meeting are extremely helpful. Manger will review the current week's production schedule and daily/weekly goals to be attained.
Pros
summer bbq's
Cons
Some jobs require heavy lifting

Well managed,
For the past seven years I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Minus Forty Technologies. I have grown with the company and moved my way through the ranks. The only reason I wish to find another job, is lack of opportunity.

I wish to find employment where I can further my skills.
Pros
Communication and professionalism
Cons
lack of advancing opportunities
Thank you for your review.

Opportunities for advancement can be challenging due to a few factors. One being, we are a fairly small company so there are only a handful of supervisors/managers within production. Another is that we are fortunate to have a group of long-term and loyal in the supervisory/management roles and therefore, vacancies can be tough to come across.

We do however offer tuition and training reimbursement which allows our long-term team members to take any courses outside of the walls of MFT to promote their own development providing skill sets even outside of their current role.

- Minus Forty Technologies' HR Manager
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Minus Forty Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.
Minus Forty Technologies Reviews by Location